I need some advice... Any Ebayers out there? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy I need some advice... Any Ebayers out there?

OK I listed my stock turn signals on Ebay. It ends in 22 hours, and a few minutes ago I received a question from a bidder from Brazil about shipping, well... here it is exactly

"Hi Embrey ... I'm from Brazil and really want to buy this item. But, I wonder if you could send it from US to here, and if this price is about the four turn singals. I'll waut for you answer, ok?!

See you."

At this time s/he had already bid $56.00. And I responded...

"Hi, It will cost $30.00 US dollars to ship to you."

Then s/he came back with...

"That's nice! So ... How much do I need to spend in the four turn signals?

ps.: Sorry about my writing"

So I tried to explain that s/he was bidding on all four signals. And I wish that s/he would have asked before bidding. (I normaly don't sell to Brazil) By the way this person has zero feedback.

THEN I looked and someone else had bid it up to $89 and some change and the Brazillian was still the high bidder. (I didn't expect them to go that high since I started with a buy it now option for $70)

I'm a little worried that somethig may have been misunderstood.

I' not real sure I want this person to win. What do you all think? I was looking forward to funding other upgades with the money. I have a feeling this may delay things. Should I worry?

This is the listing.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...228502535&rd=1

Last edited by mr_embrey; 04-14-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: mistake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 02:26 AM

Hi there. If you go to the help link and type block bids it will tell you how to block an individual from bidding on your item. Good luck
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 05:39 AM

Be careful, but then again you never know. I sold all my childhood GI Joe stuff a while back and a guy from France paid $62 for four GI Joe bodies in pieces and another $34 in shipping! The sale went through and I got my money so you never know. That was my first an only overseas sale so far. The 0 feedback though would be a concern though..

Vulcaneyez

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 AM

I would say to ONLY accept a PalPay payment. You can't trust any kind of cashier's check or money order. Don't ship until you have the $$ in hand.

"Shutting up rarely leads to anything bad"

Joe McAdoo
Springfield, MO
[email protected]
VROC # 28175
-2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic 22000 miles
-1995 VN750 (Back home again!) 25000 miles
-1995 Suzuki DR350 Dualsport 1720 miles
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 10:13 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

I agree that PayPal is the way to go and not shipping until you get confirmation that the money is in your account.

I'd say, for any future eBaying you do, state in your description that you only accept PayPal and do not take bids from overseas as well as you will not accept any bids from those with none to very low feedback or with excessive neg. feedback unless they contact you first.
Also, be sure to get delivery confirmation.

Do all you can to CYA (Cover Your A$$) and eBaying can be a friendly, worthwhile experience.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperbuzzin View Post
I agree that PayPal is the way to go and not shipping until you get confirmation that the money is in your account.

I'd say, for any future eBaying you do, state in your description that you only accept PayPal and do not take bids from overseas as well as you will not accept any bids from those with none to very low feedback or with excessive neg. feedback unless they contact you first.
I asked if they had Paypal but got no answer, and I just realized that my "details" that explain that I ONLY ship to USA, Mexico, and Canada are missing. This may explain why the last three things I've sold, sold to people over seas.

As for zero feedback, we have all had to make that first purchase or sale.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 11:57 AM
2FAS4U

It states at the bottom of your listing that you ship to US, Mexico and Canada,
But if you choose to ship overseas, as stated above, make sure the funds are in hand, PayPal preferred.
Also require insurance, and have a tracking #.
I have shipped numerous parts overseas. After it leaves the states, all you can do is provide the customer with tracking.
Most understand their customs and are usually patient.
In the future you can set buyer requirements to block bidders with zero feedback or unpaid strikes, if you choose to .
Only communicate via E-bays messaging system, as hackers will try to e-mail you, and steal account info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement