2003 Vn750 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

2003 Vn750

It pains me to have to do this but I'm putting up my '03 for sale.

Here's a copy & paste from Craig's List:

This is a great bike, period. Handles exceptionally well for a cruiser (plenty of lean), great engine that takes care of itself (ACCT, automatic valve adjusters, etc), accelerates like a bat out of hell, suspension adjustments for dampening/preload, comes with the most features standard in its class, and leaves me wanting more when I get off. I've relocated the Regulator/Rectifier to a cooler place to minimize heat.

I bought it in late July '07 when it had about 5300 miles on it. It now has 6300 miles on it since it was too cold to ride it much. I've decided that I'd like to get a dual-sport but don't have the room nor the finances to have 2 bikes.

Fluids were changed every 1000 miles. I changed the oil at 5500 with fully synthetic Castrol GTX and it runs great. The tires and brakes have plenty of life still left in them. I regularly treat the gas with seafoam to clear up the fuel lines, carbs, etc.

It comes with:

- National Cycle PlexiFairing 3 Windshield (has lowers and hand coverage. Works wonders in colder weather.)

- NGK Iridium plugs (Takes stress of charging system and starts up faster. Uninstalled.)

- Pro-Tac removable driver backrest (this thing is great, I can't say enough good things about it. Only downside is that you won't have room for a passenger any larger than a child when you have it on the bike. Goes on/comes off in 5 seconds)

- Clear Alternatives LED brake light (LEDs take stress off the electrical system and it is B-R-I-G-H-T [pic below])

- Kawasaki luggage rack

Pictures:
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...EaK1018/VN750/

Price:
Asking $3500 for everything listed.

Last edited by j0hn0tt0; 03-13-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Link updated.

Last edited by j0hn0tt0; 02-19-2008 at 07:49 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Pics added, copied and pasted AD instead of updating weekly.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 08:28 PM

Hey, thats my bike! Well almost, I bought my '03 in August of last year with 4,300 miles on it and it now has 6,800. This is my first bike and I love it. I am longing for a Honda VTX1300 though as I would like to have a little bit bigger bike to fit me and wife. Good luck with the next bike.

Vulcaneyez
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcaneyez View Post
Hey, thats my bike! Well almost, I bought my '03 in August of last year with 4,300 miles on it and it now has 6,800. This is my first bike and I love it. I am longing for a Honda VTX1300 though as I would like to have a little bit bigger bike to fit me and wife. Good luck with the next bike.
I remember you posting right after me and someone making a comment of how there's an influx of '03-owning members. I love this bike, but like you, I need something a little bigger for me and the pillion. Ironically enough, I bought a bike with a smaller engine (Suzuki V-Strom 650), but it has more seating/cargo room which makes it great for light touring.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hn0tt0 View Post
It pains me to have to do this but I'm putting up my '03 for sale.

Here's a copy & paste from Craig's List:

This is a great bike, period. Handles exceptionally well for a cruiser (plenty of lean), great engine that takes care of itself (ACCT, automatic valve adjusters, etc), accelerates like a bat out of hell, suspension adjustments for dampening/preload, comes with the most features standard in its class, and leaves me wanting more when I get off. I've relocated the Regulator/Rectifier to a cooler place to minimize heat.

I bought it in late July '07 when it had about 5300 miles on it. It now has 6300 miles on it since it was too cold to ride it much. I've decided that I'd like to get a dual-sport but don't have the room nor the finances to have 2 bikes.

Fluids were changed every 1000 miles. I changed the oil at 5500 with fully synthetic Castrol GTX and it runs great. The tires and brakes have plenty of life still left in them. I regularly treat the gas with seafoam to clear up the fuel lines, carbs, etc.

It comes with:

- National Cycle PlexiFairing 3 Windshield (has lowers and hand coverage. Works wonders in colder weather.)

- NGK Iridium plugs (Takes stress of charging system and starts up faster. Uninstalled.)

- Pro-Tac removable driver backrest (this thing is great, I can't say enough good things about it. Only downside is that you won't have room for a passenger any larger than a child when you have it on the bike. Goes on/comes off in 5 seconds)

- Clear Alternatives LED brake light (LEDs take stress off the electrical system and it is B-R-I-G-H-T [pic below])

- Kawasaki luggage rack

Pictures:
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...EaK1018/VN750/
How much you asking for it?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim8208 View Post
How much you asking for it?
Whoops! Left out that important detail, didn't I?

Asking $3500 for everything listed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement