Anyone need a Stator? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Anyone need a Stator?

I've got a brand new, never used before stator. I had to order two of them because I wasn't sure if one would show up at all. It's a Ricks stator for the newer half of the vulcan models (up until 2006). I have not tested it but it's in the original Rick's packaging and everything, I just opened it to check on it after it got shipped here.

I thought I'd offer it up on here and see if anyone needed one instead of sending it back to the store

Hit me up with an offer via PM's if interested.

For clarification, I'm not looking at making money on this item, I'm posting it to hopefully provide a convenience to another rider who has to go through the same gauntlet I had to replace the stator. Just offer something you think is fair.

'04 Vulcan 750 27k+
My first ride- June 2013 @ 22k miles
Stator replaced 27k

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education"- Mark Twain.

Last edited by kyledk; 08-15-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 12:00 AM
Chasin' the blacktop

bump... someone will need it but knowing how cheap we are around here always looking for a discount you're probably better off just returning it

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The mini-skirt is a very functional article of clothing. With it a woman can run much faster; and because of it she may have too.
North Georgia
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 07:46 AM

Garage
Not to sound bad but Ricks started having the Chinese build his stator about 5 years ago. They don't hold up very well at all. They never refunded my money or sent the replacement for the one that I only got 400 miles out of before the wiring fried. Send it back in the sealed package. Most all here will have their stators rebuilt by TPE.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

I've got until august 31st to return it. I spent 3 weeks trying to get a stator from tim and so with everyone having a failed stator on the forum (it seams) I thought I'd offer it. I'm not looking to make any money on it, just send me an offer one thinks is reasonable and I'll see about shipping it out asap.

'04 Vulcan 750 27k+
Stator replaced 27k

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Admins can close thread,

I decided to send it back because this forum has made me suspicious of the product now and I don't want to give crap to someone, even trying to help 'em out for 50$ or something.

Thanks for the input and feedback guys!

'04 Vulcan 750 27k+
Stator replaced 27k

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 08:25 AM

you do understand most of these people knocking products have never had any experience with them. sad but i guess it makes them feel important.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A. View Post
Not to sound bad but Ricks started having the Chinese build his stator about 5 years ago. They don't hold up very well at all. They never refunded my money or sent the replacement for the one that I only got 400 miles out of before the wiring fried. Send it back in the sealed package. Most all here will have their stators rebuilt by TPE.
I put in a Rick's stator last summer. The stator works great, 13.4 volts at idle and 14.2 volts over 3000 rpms. I have over 6000 miles on it now. I had problems ordering from TPE and got a Rick's in 2 days.

JM2001

" Loud Pipes Risk Rights "

2001 Vulcan 750
marbled
TOC upgrade on ACCT
Air/fuel mixture set to 2 1/2 out
rectifier relocated
splines lubed
iridiums
decals removed
upgraded mirrors
Pic up coil mod done
degoated
All LED lighting
Upgraded Mosfet rectifier
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaacee44 View Post
you do understand most of these people knocking products have never had any experience with them. sad but i guess it makes them feel important.
I knock it beccasue before I went with TPE i had put in Two stators myself, and the PO had gone with 4... all in the matter of 6 months.... I put in 2 Ricks Stators, and the PO used 2 Ricks and 2 Electrosport. I put a TPE in to the bike in 2009, and haven't touched it since.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 05:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaacee44 View Post
And I suppose with 8 post to your credit you can speak with knowledge on this subject. 45 years with bikes, yah, I'm far behind in this field. You do understand I don't think you should feel important on this subject.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 05:51 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=JM2001;821346]I put in a Rick's stator last summer. The stator works great............/QUOTE]

Maybe with all the returns and complaints maybe they have taken a different route of building now. Good to hear someone getting a good one from them.e

TPE does more than just building internet sales stators. He builds for several other sales companies but also has maintenance contracts with industries on generators and electric motors, rental equipment sales, motorcycle dealers. He's not seating on his hands cause he has nothing else to do. We are just a drop in the bucket. BUT his are made in AMERICA and not China.

Last edited by Chuck A.; 09-06-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement