Is No One Interested In Buying A Vn750? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Is No One Interested In Buying A Vn750?

I posted my VN750 for sale on this forum and thought I would at least get some inquires. Not one! I guess everyone who wants one has one. I bought this bike to improve my skills after I started riding less than two years ago. After my wife showed an interest, I bought a Voyager XII so she could ride with me. BUT, I still loved the 750 and kept it for when I ride solo. It is almost like new with less than 4,000 miles on it. I have recently moved up to a Goldwing and am selling both the 750 and the Voyager. See the two ads in the classified on this website. Thanks, Vic Flatt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I think part of the problem is your selling coals to New Castle - almost everyone here has a 750, so you're best chance is if someone knows someone who wants a bike. Have you tried your local Craigslist?

C
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Need Help In Selling Motorcycles!!

Thanks Cindy for the response. I was beginning to believe I hadn't posted the ad properly. Yes - to the local Craigslist. I just posted it yesterday. I am new to selling motorcycles. I bought both of the Kawasakis used locally, but have never sold one. I just thought that a VN750 forum would be a better place to advertise since these readers would be more knowledgeable of the bike and more interested. Any other hints to help sell these two bikes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vic Flatt

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:59 PM

Hey! You're right about that, i.e., that this is a group that's knowledgeable about the bike and can make good referrals for you. Actually, what you probably don't know is that we hit 2000 members back in ...May, I think...and we've over 3500 now! So lots of new members who probably just got bikes. Hence, New Castle.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 02:52 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1339 View Post
I just thought that a VN750 forum would be a better place to advertise since these readers would be more knowledgeable of the bike and more interested. Any other hints to help sell these two bikes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vic Flatt
Well, one thing that could slow down a possible sale is, riding season for most is coming to an end. Even dealer sales start to slow down around this time of the year.
Good luck with a sale, just give it time.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperbuzzin View Post
Well, one thing that could slow down a possible sale is, riding season for most is coming to an end. Even dealer sales start to slow down around this time of the year.
Good luck with a sale, just give it time.
Hyper's right. And I'm certain that's why no one's jumping on my proposal to sell Orleans.

His point's well-taken, though, that with the season coming to an end, you're likely not gonna get top-dollar for the bike. If you can hang on until spring, you'll make the most of your sale.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

2003 Vn750 Sold!!!!

The Craig's List ad did the trick. Bike is now sold! I appreciate everyones comments. It has been a learning experience. I have never sold a bike before and didn't know all the tricks of the trade. Thanks again. Vic
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1339 View Post
The Craig's List ad did the trick. Bike is now sold! I appreciate everyones comments. It has been a learning experience. I have never sold a bike before and didn't know all the tricks of the trade. Thanks again. Vic
Congrats! Nothing better than turning steel and wires into cash.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

NOW IF I COULD JUST SELL THE VOYAGER!! Thanks for everyones comments and help. - Vic Flatt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement