1985 Vulcan VN700 and 1990 Suburban - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

1985 Vulcan VN700 and 1990 Suburban

Just finished painting this about a month ago. It is bright blue metallic. Newer white letter rear tire and brand new white letter front tire (no miles). Has the taller & fatter front tire (see pics). Rear rim is off a newer Vulcan, the paint was stripped from the front rim (I did not like the black rims). LED lights in the dash and the rear on the lower tool box area (below the door--see pics) and on the license plate bracket there are 2 very bright LED's. Clear tail light lens and LED lights. Smoke turn signal lenses also, but has regular amber bulbs (not LED's). I found a very cool looking gold eagle perched over the top of a "V700" logo in metallic dark red, I put it on the rear of the tool box. It has screamin eagle mufflers. If you look at the pictures I have the goats belly removed and the mufflers just slipped over the pipes. It is loud, I am putting the goats belly back on and re-installing the Screamin Eagles. It may quiet it down--but I wouldn't count on it! Previous owner gutted the goats belly so it was kind of loud with the stock mufflers. I do not have the factory mufflers, they were rotted out and I tossed them.
The trim rings on the speedo and tach as well as the switch housings, master cylinder and helmet locks were also painted to match. This has the coolest mirrors also, they are tinted blue. Chrome master cylinder cover w/ eagle.
Stator and battery (maintenance free--sealed) were replaced around June last year (2006) by previous owner. I added a Kuryakin (??) LED volt meter on the dash below the speedo by the handle bar clamp at an angle that will not blind you at night (even though it has a light sensor to adjust brightness).
Chrome trim on the fuel tank. New leather hand grips w/ chrome end caps. Everything that was factory brushed aluminum on this bike has been replaced with newer chrome parts. I.E.--headlight brackets, pass. foot peg mounts, sissy bar. The rear swing arm and frame were painted black. Both sides for the rear rim were also painted. Seat is perfect. This is a very nice looking bike & everything works.

I have a lot of money and time invested in this bike and I haven't even ridden yet! I just purchased a 95th Anniversary Harley and don't really need 2 bikes. Clear title! I will not take offers--sorry. I am asking $1600 FIRM! Otherwise I keep it and use it to beat up the local Harley guys when they get cocky!

I may consider trades for boat, truck ???--let me know what you have in mind. As far as vehicles are concerned I could use a truck for hauling wood. May consider smaller bike for wife (she can't have the Vulcan-- too big/heavy for her and she's never driven a bike)
Also, 1990 Suburban 2 WD fully loaded. Rust over & around wheel wells but runs/drives good. AC works but could use a charge--getting a little weak for 90 degree days! Tires/brakes/exhaust are all good. $1000.00 or b/o (may consider trades on this as well)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vulcan 700 001.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	619

Name:	Vulcan 700 002.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	620

Name:	Vulcan 700 003.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	621

Name:	Vulcan 700 004.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	622

Name:	Truck & Suburban 013.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	623

Last edited by racohoon; 09-13-2007 at 02:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Your paint job came out really well - congrats! I'm still in the process of screwing mine up, but I'll figure it out. Eventually.

Don't you still need the suburban to go on Highway Hunts for deer?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Cindy.
I'm up to 4 cars/trucks again. I just bought my Dads extended cab truck to replace the Suburban. If I don't sell the burb I'll use it on crappy snow days to get to work. Better to ditch it than the really nice truck.
As for the deer--I had two close calls already on the Harley. Apparently my exhaust is not like other Harley's--my exhaust yells out "Deer-where are you?---Come here deer--Come on!!!!" It's kind of funny cause I never hear it.
I checked over the state hunting requirements, it does not say it is illegal to bait deer with a Harley--LOOK OUT!!!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 02:18 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by racohoon View Post
Apparently my exhaust is not like other Harley's--my exhaust yells out "Deer-where are you?---Come here deer--Come on!!!!" It's kind of funny cause I never hear it.
I checked over the state hunting requirements, it does not say it is illegal to bait deer with a Harley--LOOK OUT!!!!
LMAO!!
Be careful out there!!

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

LOL. But if you hit one at night, they might accuse you of spotlighting.

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement