What Is It? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Mod
 
Birdhunter02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dearborn, mi
Posts: 1,020
iTrader: (8)
 
What Is It?

Was looking for a rear fender in good shape and came upon this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380689915382...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Look at the tail light. what's it off of? Looks cool.

2003 1600 Classic
Sold
900 Seat Mod
Iradiun Plugs
V and H Cruzers
Windshield with Lowers
LED Tail Lights
Saddle bags
Chads Floor boards
Highway pegs
Birdhunter02 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 11:18 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
 
OleDirtyDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norwich,NY
Posts: 15,888
iTrader: (0)
     
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
It is custom and it's called a tombstone taillight .was popular on Harley's
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
OleDirtyDoc is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Dr. Vulcanstein
 
jadabull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: florida
Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (6)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhunter02 View Post
Was looking for a rear fender in good shape and came upon this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380689915382...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Look at the tail light. what's it off of? Looks cool.

It's a Vn750 fender with a "tombstone" style tail light. Either Harley or aftermarket most likely.


.... - " " - .
..( ___/\ /))
.( l vv/ )(
.) \ O/ )((
..(( .)(. )\ \
.....) . ( / /
.....( )
jadabull is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 11:29 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
 
OleDirtyDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norwich,NY
Posts: 15,888
iTrader: (0)
     
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadabull View Post
It's a Vn750 fender with a "tombstone" style tail light. Either Harley or aftermarket most likely.
First it's ruger in my head and now you too? Lol.the mothership must be real close.lol.I know a friend that found a cool old coffin tank recently
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
OleDirtyDoc is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Dr. Vulcanstein
 
jadabull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: florida
Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (6)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
First it's ruger in my head and now you too? Lol.the mothership must be real close.lol.I know a friend that found a cool old coffin tank recently
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I was thinkin the same thing, lol. sick minds think alike!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
I think we just had a thread stolen. It went from asking about a particular tombstone tail light on a fender that is being listed for sale to a long list of Vulcan items another member has to offer that he is selling. Just four posts and it was gone in a different direction. lol
Howd it go off topic, Bird is lookin for a fender, Will has one fo sale, lol. have a goodn.


.... - " " - .
..( ___/\ /))
.( l vv/ )(
.) \ O/ )((
..(( .)(. )\ \
.....) . ( / /
.....( )
jadabull is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 07:10 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 2,483
iTrader: (10)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadabull View Post
Howd it go off topic, Bird is lookin for a fender, Will has one fo sale, lol. have a goodn.
Rather than post an entire long list of all the parts he had for sale he could have just said that he had a fender for sale under this thread and then listed the full list of parts he has to offer under a different thread. He did realize what he did and relisted his available parts under a separate thread. He did the right thing with his corrected listing. Leaving it under this thread he would have had to respond to all the inquiries here rather than under his own thread. I respect his correction and his willingness to do the right thing. Because of that I removed my post but if it (my posting) was still here you would see that I did not comment about things being off topic but rather stealing a thread. A mistake was made and it was corrected so all is good. "have a goodn." lol

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
Vulcan2000 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: GreenwoodFrickinLakeNY
Posts: 10,354
iTrader: (8)
   
Tom is 100% correct.....

...and yeah....its a VN750 fender with an aftermarket tombstome (I have one)....the light alone is worth what he's asking btw....looks like a Drag Specialties....

https://www.denniskirk.com/H2132.sku...FZDm7AodiXoAQQ

Note :....they are NOT very bright during the day, and do not meet DOT specs....if its aftermarket, and has a plastic lens, you can swap it for a glass one and then use a halogen bulb....the halogen will melt the plastic....




Last edited by Wolfie; 02-01-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Wolfie is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Dr. Vulcanstein
 
jadabull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: florida
Posts: 1,536
iTrader: (6)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
Rather than post an entire long list of all the parts he had for sale he could have just said that he had a fender for sale under this thread and then listed the full list of parts he has to offer under a different thread. He did realize what he did and relisted his available parts under a separate thread. He did the right thing with his corrected listing. Leaving it under this thread he would have had to respond to all the inquiries here rather than under his own thread. I respect his correction and his willingness to do the right thing. Because of that I removed my post but if it (my posting) was still here you would see that I did not comment about things being off topic but rather stealing a thread. A mistake was made and it was corrected so all is good. "have a goodn." lol
August, I see the light now, and agreed.


.... - " " - .
..( ___/\ /))
.( l vv/ )(
.) \ O/ )((
..(( .)(. )\ \
.....) . ( / /
.....( )
jadabull is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 11:38 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
 
OleDirtyDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Norwich,NY
Posts: 15,888
iTrader: (0)
     
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Tom is 100% correct.....

...and yeah....its a VN750 fender with an aftermarket tombstome (I have one)....the light alone is worth what he's asking btw....looks like a Drag Specialties....

https://www.denniskirk.com/H2132.sku...FZDm7AodiXoAQQ

Note :....they are NOT very bright during the day, and do not meet DOT specs....if its aftermarket, and has a plastic lens, you can swap it for a glass one and then use a halogen bulb....the halogen will melt the plastic....
Hell I'm not very bright during the day and I'm not dot approved either.and if you give me glass lenses I get headaches cause they're too heavy

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
OleDirtyDoc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Once registered, your User Name"cannot be changed". We can make exceptions within 7 days, but after that, it is set in stone.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome