For Sale 2002 VN750 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

For Sale 2002 VN750

After a close call, I have decided the bike is too big for me. I need to sell it to get something lower and lighter.
2002, 8400 miles
oil change, new spark plugs, & new battery at 7800 miles
splines lubed and gear oil changed at approx. 8000 miles
no dents, no rust
$3400 0B0
located in Central New Jersey
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 07:37 PM

Kathy,
sorry you won't be able to keep the 750, i know you like the bike. i was at Ken's helping do the splines for you( i'm the one who cut his finger). it's important to have confidence in the bike and one's ability to ride it safely. i aplaud you for making a hard choice. good luck in selling the bike, it is in good shape. in choosing another bike , may i suggest a scooter in the 400cc catagory. real easy to ride and a 27 inch seat height, a tad over 400 pounds. i just got a burgman 650 and its a blast to ride, real quickand handles great, had it up to 90 with no sweat and its "twist and go" automatic trans , no shifting. the burgman 400 or the yamaha 400 scooters might be just the ticket for what you want to ride. BTW storage space under the seat is about 40 liters (no need for saddlebags). good luck and hope you can meet up with us when you get your next ride.
ride safe, John
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 06:57 AM
2FAS4U

In the past couple of months, we have added 2 different vulcan 500's to our stable. 1 for my girlfriend, her first bike, and 1 for her sister, who I am teaching to ride. I believe they are the perfect size for them, and have been on a couple of long road trips. Maybe offer it for sale/trade to someone wanting a bigger bike.
That Burgman is a neat scooter btw.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Ditto on free wheelie's comments about self-awareness and living a little longer. After I'd gotten some road miles in and was comfortable just being out there, I bought a Kaw 800 Classic. Gorgeous bike, lots of extras, fit me well ...as long as I was sitting in the dealership. Got the thing on the road, and it decided where we were going. The larger front wheel on the Classic apparently was part of that, but I absolutely couldn't handle the bike and after 1000 miles, decided that it was probably going to kill me. Hard to give it up (lost some money on that one), but, then, they don't let us test-ride these things before we buy 'em and there's little one can do in the way of adjustments. Better to lose some money than an important brain part.

I don't know about the Bergmann's, but I do know my partner has a Suzuki S40 (650cc, thumper) that is light and made for shorter people (she's about 5' 4" on a good day). She's had no trouble handling that at all and it;'s got a lot of giddyup (low-end torque is phenomenal); word from the local shop is that the Yamaha Silverstar (?) 650 has also been built to ride lower, with an eye towards the women's market. You can often find those with low miles on Craigslist or eBay, so you might take a look there (and then you *could* test ride it!).

Good luck - and I know your bike will sell in no time.

C
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

my 2 cents; if you like the look of vn750, then check out the older style of vulcan 500 or kawasaki 454. both are smaller and lighter bikes, but have the same power as the vn750. also looks a lot the vn750 too!

i'm looking for an older vulcan 500 for the wife. she's ridden on one and just loved it. she tried my vn750 and liked it but she still felt that it was to big for her.

suzuki savage 650 is also a good choice. looks good, low, light and has good power. nice bike.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
my 2 cents; if you like the look of vn750, then check out the older style of vulcan 500 or kawasaki 454. both are smaller and lighter bikes, but have the same power as the vn750. also looks a lot the vn750 too!

i'm looking for an older vulcan 500 for the wife. she's ridden on one and just loved it. she tried my vn750 and liked it but she still felt that it was to big for her.

suzuki savage 650 is also a good choice. looks good, low, light and has good power. nice bike.
THe Savage 650 and the S40 are the same bike - and they are, er, it is a really nice machine. Also, VERY affordable - lots of torque for the money.

C
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

that is right. i just like to call it the "suzuki savage" that sounds cooler that "s40". but by any name still a good bike!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
that is right. i just like to call it the "suzuki savage" that sounds cooler that "s40". but by any name still a good bike!
You're right. "S40" is really dull - sounds like a bathroom cleaner. Now, if "Savage" were a bathroom cleaner -- !!

C
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobins365 View Post
Now, if "Savage" were a bathroom cleaner -- !!
Sounds more like a suntan lotion!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. This has been a really hard week. I was in the mindset that I was just not cut out to ride, and then started thingking how well I did on my little starter bike. I know I can do this if I find the right vehicle and set reaistic expectations.
I listed it on eBay and craigslist (But I can't find it on eBay which annoys me). I want it to sell fast so I can start looking for it's replacement. The thought of not riding this summer is too sad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement