Another one for sale,Getting a connie - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
87 VN750 Lookin Good

Send a message via Skype™ to acisroc
Another one for sale,Getting a connie

My stator went out,I am too tired to replace it again,(put in a cal-tech 800 miles ago)I also put in a new (used ) control unit or brain. did not work, checked stator volts and it was only 5 on all legs(yellow wires) put bike on e-bay. if it dont sell will part out whole bike over winter.:

MODS: AGM/MF battery.Rect.Black Mirrors,Smoked windshield H D brakes,Voltmeter,Backrest pack,Chrome brake cover, Chrome res. cover, Hard saddlebags red turn signal lights built in.Custom back rack.Chrome mirror dampeners,Red NGK spark plug wires,K+N air filters, Chrome windshield trim, Chrome fender trim front and rear,Gas tank chrome trim. Extra turn, stop and running led's,ss flame radiator grill, HD stator R/R Mod Low handlebars F+S engine guard, hwy pegs continental II tires,fog lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 03:27 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
hey buddy how much you want for it... for the right price I might be interested in making a trek a crossed the state. heck right now I would even be willing to make the journey to help ya get the stator put back together and get it running right.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 02:22 PM

Garage
"My stator went out,I am too tired to replace it again"

Did you do the stator mod the last time you changed it?
If not, then I guess I understand your frustration.

If you decide to keep her, go with the plate mod and a Tim Parrot rewound stator.....seems to be the most reliable one out there.

Good luck with it....I hate to see any VN750 with a running engine get parted out.....hope you reconsider.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 03:01 PM

concours 14 are nice, but consider a wing as well, if you are really changing from the 750 platform....

kenny

Merc
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
Roadhouse classic 2 > 1 exhaust
Okie Smokie intake config
Changed jets
52K miles or so, always going up
Corbin Seat
Painted flat black winter '12
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
87 VN750 Lookin Good

In reply to all

I have it on e-bay for $1500 for three days no bid, I just dropped the price to $1300 I need $1300 to get the concours. It is a 2000 model with 6000 original miles and you could eat off it, It is in my price range, and I did a lot of research this time. If it don't sell, I will sell it whole or maybe get more cash parting it out. Anyway i need the cash to buy the connie and if any of you guys want it just bid on it. if it goes to one of you I will definately give it to you for $1300 even if you bid $10,000 on e-bay. fell free to pm me if interested. It is a nice bike but not enough horses for me,nor storage space like the connie. many parts go with it. thanks for asking, I will miss her

MODS: AGM/MF battery.Rect.Black Mirrors,Smoked windshield H D brakes,Voltmeter,Backrest pack,Chrome brake cover, Chrome res. cover, Hard saddlebags red turn signal lights built in.Custom back rack.Chrome mirror dampeners,Red NGK spark plug wires,K+N air filters, Chrome windshield trim, Chrome fender trim front and rear,Gas tank chrome trim. Extra turn, stop and running led's,ss flame radiator grill, HD stator R/R Mod Low handlebars F+S engine guard, hwy pegs continental II tires,fog lights
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
87 VN750 Lookin Good

also

I did no stator mods to it, I did put in a different cdi and I should see if putting the old one in helps... but i really doubt it, 5volts on the yellow leads.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Glenn C.

I never understand the concept "I don't want take the time to pull the engine to replace the stator, but i will take the time take every other piece off to part it out!"...??
And really...if u already had the engine out to replace the stator, you should have done the stator plate mod and got a TPE stator....

I really hate to see a great bike parted out just because of the stator!!
And you know u can do the mod and replace the stator without removing the engine...just cut it out while its all together...many have done it...

Anyway, i hope u get the connie, but try to save the vulcan!! Maybe slim will buy it!

Glenn C
Alexandria, MN
My VN750 Page
VN750 Stator Plates and Products

2001 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750
1986 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750 (being restored)
1986 Kawasaki 454LTD (being restored)
1985 Kawasaki 454LTD (being restored)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
87 VN750 Lookin Good

Because I have a slow in the month of dec and jan, in the work i do I would be able to sell on ebay for a month or two for income. Right now I need cash to get a connie, larger bike that could carry my tools and gets 300 miles to the tank.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 09:06 AM

E Bay listing

I haven't been able to bring it up on E Bay. Check to see how it is listed.

Mcneuby

New to me 2004 15k Last liscened in 2011. Stock as they come.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
87 VN750 Lookin Good

mcneuby

I just listed it the free way and it says i have 173 views and 3 watchers but 1 day 10 hours left, no bidders yet they wait till the last hour, has been my experience.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement