woah! my 1992 is officially for sale! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
woah! my 1992 is officially for sale!

ok, the things got moving really fast!
Trashlord looked up some local listings and found really nice 04 vstrom for me in his vincinity. spoke to the seller, it is very niceley priced, still available and the owner will take a deposit. so i will try to pull it off sooner that i thought! taking overnight train to somewhere in connecticut (plane in worst case) and riding back to chicago. ~920 miles sounds doable in one day but if it goes slower (on bike unfammiliar to me, road conditions, what not who knows... ) i just stay in some motel and take extra day.

so for this i'm officially putting mu vulcan for sale. would like to sell it before i set out on my way for this one. location - wheeling , illinois.
it is 92 with almost 19K miles (18 something for now, will be still riding to work). dark blue and gray. IMO compared to built in 21st century CCspinners bike ,it looks very very good - excellent cosmetic condition if you ask me. the toolbox cover is lost though, typical.
mechanically wise i don't think it has problems either, starts right away, starts right away after stop at gas station as well. it has a bit of coffie grinder till it warms up but i think it is typical for our bikes, i just take it easier on the clutch till it completley warmed up. it has a year old AGM westco battery, Jardine forward controls installed, like new 491 Elite II' tires (with about 3500 miles on them) very nice throwover saddle bags (good leather grease will be included) with velcro puches on the back side and one of those chrome coolant covers and Sylvania sylverstar light bulb (nice and bright now). i also have progressive springs for it still in the box - included. i have kuryakin wide-blade levers on order with chromeandleatherplus.com (i know not all peps around here like these guys, but it's just closest, easiest and fastest for me.) if i can't cancel my order and recieve them this week these - will be included as well. just swapped the final drive unit (for those who missed my post about the issue) so everything is fine and lubed in the notorious spline area - i can open and demonstrate everything up for extremely suspicious people, it will take 0.5 an hour of your time though.
obviously it is ready to ride - i'm still riding it.

EDIT:
It is SOLD, but: the pics can be viewed here: http://public.fotki.com/tankist/vulcan-750/ it was a beautiful bike
thanks for the attention.

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL

Last edited by tankist; 05-04-2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Added link to pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 07:03 AM

way to go!!!!!! if your taking the train into New London, I could give you a ride to the bike if you needed. as long as its on the weekend
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

wow, thanks a lot! is this not to far from you? cause i wanted to do oil change and some chain maintenance (unless owner agrees to do it for me). worst case i will do it on a parking lot of some autozone...

train is out of question. Trashlord, what airports are close to your location?

actually at first i somehow got the impression that Trashlord himself was interested in the bike so i was thinking about riding it there, riding back on strom (yeah, kinda ambisious, but i think i could do it...). so i guess if anyone who is somehow on the way from Chicago to New London, Ct is interested in the bike i could ride it to your place (hope you will assist me with getting to airport/greyhound after you take delivery ).

or actually if i'm taking a plane already it doesn't have to be on that much on the way. so i guess i could deliver it around 400-450 miles radius (day ride or so) around chicago and get on the plane from your location... it's not going to be as shiny aftert such ride though

oh man, what am i getting myself into? sure sounds like adventure, lol

Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:51 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Whatever ya finally do to get to the new bike should prove to be an interesting trip.
Best of luck with everything.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 01:41 PM

Tankist sorry if there was confusion about your bike...I had said next summer I would be looking for one, I really need a pickup now.
The closest airport is in Windsor Locks Ct its about an hour and a half away from me and over 2 hours from Old Saybrook. The airport is Bradley International Airport.
Trains no good??
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

no direct train unfortunatley and no greyhound either... both of these take as long as 24 hours (for the bus), i'll probably go nuts. but even though the airport is 2 hours away i guess there should be some kind of way to get to new London by means of public transportation. researching my options for now but a friend of mine is trying to presuade me to take his truck and just trailer the thing back... wife wants to drive me there so i can pick it up...
ahhhh, still planning.

Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 02:42 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

My only Grayhound bus experience....

Driving by car from Ft Lauderdale to Daytona was about 4 hrs.
Then I took a bus from Daytona back to Ft. Lauderdale...... it took 10 hrs.

IMO, the truck would be the safest way, just incase some unforeseen troubles or bad weather arise.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:40 PM

I like the truck idea also....but instead of the trailer could you load it in the bed instead....my thinking is gas mileage here...less drag.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 06:46 PM

Tankist my wife reminded me about T.F. Green airport in Rhode Island it may be cheaper and slightly closer
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

well, that guy from Connecticut is a bit of weirdo. he mentioned about 4 times that "this is a bike for tall people" even though i told him right away i'm 34 inseam. apparently he is having someone over to look at it tonight so the owner is about to talk the guy out of purchasing it since this person is not tall at all. does he really want to sell it? dunno... he prommised to email me some pictures, so far he didn't send anything saying l'd find stock pictures on suzuki's website.

he will call me tommorow to discuss details but somehow i feel it will not go through. whatever, i guess there will be a different one... eventually... hopefully not in red or blue.
thanks, trashlord.

my bike is still fo sale though ...

Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement