Gas Tank, Front Fender, more.... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Gas Tank, Front Fender, more....

Selling off my extra gas tank, front fender, center stand....for now...may add to this list soon....adding a throtthe assembly with switch and wire harness. No cables. $20.

Fender is freshly painted, same color as my bike (midnight charcoal metallic)....tank is raw (see pics)...center stand is stock and I will weld on a new skid for it before shipping....

Issue....there are two who have "first dibs" on the tank...they were promised, but didnt follow thru yet....

Spockster has first dibs, Glenn Cox second....after that it goes to bids...yep...Im gonna ask for bids (never been done, has it ?)....reason, so cheap....I agreed for a price with Spock, he needs to confirm....Glenn is interested at another price....otherwise the bids will start at $50 plus shipping....NOTE....the tank comes WITH the fuel gauge float, which is worth $50 on its own....

Fender is $40 plus shipping and the centerstand is $20 plus shipping....

For the fender and centerstand, PM me, for the tank, please make bids public so that I dont hear no whinin....the dent looks much worse than it is due to the spotty primer...

Another plus on the tank, it still has immaculate badges....find THAT....

Last edited by Wolfie; 07-24-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 09:40 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Tank
$75.00 + shipping

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Okay William....but like I said....Spockster has first dibs and Glenn second...Spock just needs to gimme an OK, and Glenn agree to the price he and I discussed....but yer definitely in the running so far....and like I said, comes with the fuel float....I'd even bondo and prime it for ya William fer that bid (no shipping because yer comin thru again, lol)....gonna give Spock and Glenn 3 days....only fair since we were dealin on it in private....if they dont want it, yer first/top bidder....

List has been added to 24 July.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Chucklehead

I just want the paint job lol

87 vn750at least that is what the frame #'s say
"Squirrel Bike" aka Jersey

Rat bike with a good PR agent

shaved and coastered
2 into 1 exhaust
rear 170 and front 110
Relocated R/R
custom dash with voltmeter
Spitfire windscreen
Plutonium plugs
Recovered seat without "butt hammers"
More to come
Praise to the Parts Goddess Crobins for needed things

When someone tells me "Great minds think alike" all I can think is "You Pervert"
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Send me yer tank and I'll do it up fer ya....low price plus shipping....lol...one week turnaround....if ya want SprayMax 2K its extra and an extra week, lol....ya know....my shop is gonna be in full swing by end of autumn....I will be doing stuff like that....and naturally everyone here gets a discount...custom decals extra plus another 2 weeks.....will do all tins....fenders and sidecovers too...

I should start another thread for this, but not yet...shop aint done yet...nuther month....

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 12:33 PM

As I've said before, I appreciate you trying to help me out. But go ahead and sell the tank because I know it's going to be a while before I could do anything, may have to sell the bike. I'm glad to know you won't be stuck with it.

Edit: PS - Let me know if the others don't take it and you're still stuck with it.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf

Last edited by Spockster; 07-25-2013 at 03:29 PM.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

...okay....if thats what ya say....but Im sure another will come thu soon anyway...been 3 VNs same yard past 2 years....and if I can get my new 5 gal Harley tank to work, will be selling mine soon too....

So Glenn (GCX) lemme know if you want it at what we talked....if not, WmTech gets it since nobody else bid.....

Fender, centerstand and throttle/switch assy still up....

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
...okay....if thats what ya say...
\

What, exactly, does that mean? Or what are you implying there? And... Which part of the post are you referring to, or the whole post?

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
What, exactly, does that mean? Or what are you implying there?
Nothing implied.....you stated...

Quote:
But go ahead and sell the tank because I know it's going to be a while before I could do anything, may have to sell the bike.
You STILL aint sent me yer mailing addy, btw.....WmTech has top bid right now, but you and I had an agreement...I'll honor that first, even if I lose $30....my word is good...I dont back off or change for $$....if you dont want it anymore, thats cool too...the tank I can move....the fender and other stuff, not so easy....lets take it to PMs....

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 07:04 AM

Arrow Setting It Straight

I want to set something straight about this tank deal.

I did not just order up a tank from Wolfie and then back out on the deal.

I posted an ad for a tank. Wolfie sent a PM and said he knew of a tank in the junkyard and he would check on it. Next thing I knew, I got a PM or email(don't have time to look right now) early one morning stating he was going to be on his way to pick up the tank. This was before I had seen a pic of the tank, it was even before I had a price on it.

During the interim, I found out my situation was more serious than I had imagined, and I wasn't going to be buying anything else for the bike any time soon, and may even have to sell it.

I immediately sent an email or PM (don't have time to look right now) telling Wolfie to hold off on picking up the tank because my situation had worsened and wouldn't be able to buy any tank from anyone. Obviously, he didn't get the message in time.

So it's not that I "screwed" Wolfie on this tank deal. He jumped the gun in picking it up, expecting that I was committing to buy the tank sight unseen. Even after he had the tank home, I still had to ask for pics and the price.

So, yes Wolfie, as I said in my previous post, sell the tank if you can, I'm in no position to buy anything from anyone right now or in the immediate future. You must have my email address, since I've been getting emails from you.

2003-21k mi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement