Handle Bars - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Handle Bars

It's becoming more apparrent that this bike was laid down softly.
I saw some scuffing on the turn signals when I looked at before buying it, but didn't see any problems with the earsd or anything else that would lead me to believe it was downed or in an accident.
Since I have started loking it over w/ an eagle eye I discovered the handle bars are slightly bent. Couldn't really tell by looking, without putting a straight edge across the front top of the bars. It just looked off enough to make me curious. Then I find that the straight edge doesn't line up with the handle bar mounts. I have already looked on E-Bay and there is only one set on there--and I don't want/need the grips

So, does any one have a spare set of handle bars they would like to sell?

Has anybody tried to remove their slightly bent bars and tried to bend back into place, with any luck?

Last edited by racohoon; 09-26-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Nevermind--I found a set for 24.99 w/ no bids on E-bay thru the froum's link to E-bay. They're mine!!!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I was going to say that the handlebars are hard as heck to bend. Some real hard metal. Makes you wonder how it could bend at all but I guess there's enough force with a bike falling over to bend em.

Fergy
Kyle, TX VN750.com member #707 VROC#19556
2002 VN1500 Classic
Spline Lube Procedure, with photos, R/R Relocation and Coil Mod
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
Electrical Fault Finding Flowchart
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 02:55 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Going by dirtbike experience again, I've had several spills that I though for sure would bend the bars, but they didn't. Only to end up with a pretty easy spill and the bars did bend ?
For the dirtbike, I ended up getting a pair of 'tapered' bars. Nearly $150, but they've been on two bikes now and haven't bent a bit !!
I haven't heard of anything like that for streetbikes though.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Well, I didn't get the bars. I will have to try and bend them and keep looking if it doesn't work.
I think if I get them in our industrial vice on the solid metal table (weighs a ton- not really but we put it in the shop w/ the loader) at the farm, I should be able to get our big 3 1/2 foot pipe wrench (wrapped with rags for protection as not to scar the chrome) on them 1"-2" right below the bend on the grips and give it some slight to heavy pulling. I'm 6' 1" and 235 lbs as long as I'm careful with the location and angle I use to attempt the bend and gradually ease into the torque needed to bend it I may be able to pull it off.
I may be crazy--but I think I might be able to pull it off. As I stated earlier they are not bent far enough to notice by glancing at them--you kind of have to study them or jump on the bike and grab them to tell they are off just a little.
Sure I could ride it the way it is, but now that I know they are not straight/true, it's driving me nuts!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 08:43 AM

Any 7/8" bars will fit on our bikes, I have a set off of a 4 wheeler on mine. I played around with several different ones until I found one that "fit" me.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Actually I like the factory bars--just want straight ones
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

OK-- it's like pulling teeth to find handle bars for a Vulcan. Everybody I contact says --sure, I'm parting the whole bike; what do you need? I tell them, and get an e-mail-- Sorry but those are sold!
Obviously I am going to have to buy every pair of VN700/750 handle bars I see out there.
You know what's going to happen-- I won't find any and the day after I break my fingers/hand and back trying to bend them back, some joker will have a set on E-bay for "Buy-it-Now" for like $20.00 and cheap/free S/H----I'M gonna SCREAM!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement