VN750 Trike.. umm .. Quad? listed on Ebay - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Talking VN750 Trike.. umm .. Quad? listed on Ebay

Don't see a VN like this every day. A trike, quad? Something else.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...item4853728a4a

Plenty more pics in the ad.

Edit: The original auction went to a little over $3000, didn't hit reserve, and is now relisted.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...item48538c0396

Last edited by Spockster; 03-25-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 11:41 AM

That's really something...I guess that trike kit acts like training wheels?

But if it runs good and you wanted a normal vn750 and you got it for a good price, you could probably strip off all of the extras and sell them and end up with a free bike or even a little profit. But I imagine he has a pretty good sized reserve set on that auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
Leave it to me to NOT be fond of something then end up banging it.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 PM

Garage
I would call that a trailer....JMO

It has a single mounting point somewhere under the engine and just gets towed along with a stock bike. It looks cool, but I don't see the point since it doesn't even give you more storage.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Looks like it should convert back pretty easy.

48,000 miles!

I bet burnouts are easy on that thing.

edit: KC, I guess the point must be not having to balance like you would on two wheels.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviate View Post
That's really something...I guess that trike kit acts like training wheels?

But if it runs good and you wanted a normal vn750 and you got it for a good price, you could probably strip off all of the extras and sell them and end up with a free bike or even a little profit. But I imagine he has a pretty good sized reserve set on that auction.
That appears to be a Voyager brand Trike Kit or something similar.They are actually easy to install and remove and bring a pretty good price used.
http://www.mtcvoyager.com/voyager-standard.html

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 12:26 PM

Garage
I just took a closer look and that VN has a couple of hard to find Items Looks like it has ire and steel Floorboard and possibly a Tour Package Front Fender as well ,both are getting hard to find and I can't really tell if that is the factory built fairing or a Vetter. edit: I believe it is a factory tour package fairing without lowers and I did notice the voyager sticker on the frame of the kit.That bike has some rare and pricey parts on it,for sure.

VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:

Last edited by denny6006; 03-23-2013 at 12:30 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I guess that trike kit acts like training wheels?
My thoughts exactly, lol...I wonder if it has suspension so you can still lean it....
Dont that kit trike setup have you remove the rear wheel though ? Ive seen em for different bikes, and they "claim" a 20 min switch....If that unit is independantly suspended (would need to be to work), one could add a Servicar type box to the rear of it....looks like there's lots of steel there to weld to.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

That Voyager kit is a bolt on, and the mc tire is the only one that powers forward motion. There is an older couple, in their mid to late 70s I would estimate, who have a Voyager kit on a 14-1500cc Suzuki cruiser. I do not believe it leans at all in the corners. Herb cannot hold it up anymore when stopped, so they put the kit on it and continue to ride. They also have another big v-twin that is a true trike and ride the 2 bikes alternately to bike nights.

Tom is another local long time rider who runs an independent garage where he works on cars, trucks, bikes and quads, maybe even outboard boat engines if you ask. He is a dealer for the Voyager kits which sell for $4500 CAN. It takes him about half a day to install the kit and do a wheel alignment. 20 minutes to unhook or hook up again after the initial installation sounds reasonable.

Edit: I stand correctted. The motorcycle will lean from 6-12* when in a turn with the Voyager Kit installed.

http://www.mtcvoyager.com/voyager-standard.html

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html

Last edited by OlHossCanada; 03-24-2013 at 07:18 PM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 03:38 PM

...just thinking though, the 2 outer wheels would need to ride slightly off the pavement. If they didnt, on even the slightest rough ground, the drive wheel would spin...they HAVE to give a little...
Ever see a kid on a bicycle with training wheels ? If theyre even the slightest bit agressive in turns, or are on rough ground, the center wheel just spins...wish that post had better details near the inner rear wheels....
Noticed too from the front view....it IS kinda narrow....I think if I was gonna go trike, Id go full bore with a true 3 wheeler...
OT, but Merc, KC and I were following a trike going over the mountain once...had a passenger on the back too...the guy was FLYING !!!...we couldnt keep up...cool too, it was glassed to look like a vintage car from behind....similar to the 57 Chevy bike OCC did, but was a trike, and much better done...

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 03:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
...just thinking though, the 2 outer wheels would need to ride slightly off the pavement. If they didnt, on even the slightest rough ground, the drive wheel would spin...they HAVE to give a little...
Ever see a kid on a bicycle with training wheels ? If theyre even the slightest bit agressive in turns, or are on rough ground, the center wheel just spins...wish that post had better details near the inner rear wheels....
Noticed too from the front view....it IS kinda narrow....I think if I was gonna go trike, Id go full bore with a true 3 wheeler...
OT, but Merc, KC and I were following a trike going over the mountain once...had a passenger on the back too...the guy was FLYING !!!...we couldnt keep up...cool too, it was glassed to look like a vintage car from behind....similar to the 57 Chevy bike OCC did, but was a trike, and much better done...
click on the link I posted above and you can read all about them,The rear suspension is independent and it works quite well.

Like Ol Hoss I have seen two of them one on an older Wing and the other on the Older Kaw voyager XII'

I actually rode with one of them he was a paraplegic and had mounted a Hand Shifter and had linked his brakes Hydrauilicly and moved the clutch to the right hand as well.he old dude rode better than a lot of people I have rode with that had two wheels.

The price on that basic setup is around $3800 US and is easily dropped off the bike to put on a different bike if you trade up.Compared to the cost of sending one to one of the full on trike conversion companies it is an affordable alternative.Especially if you already have a bike.

Voyager makes a bunch of different mounting kits for a lot of different bikes so it is easily transferred to another bike.

Some people actually use the trike kit for travelling 2 up and pulling a trailer and just use the bike for local riding.I am not a fan of trikes but I could see someone older or not as strong as they once were using this to extend their riding life well beyond what they could manage on two wheels.

That is the basic kit shown , there are several upgrades available.Here is the link again so you don't have to read the whole thread

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13640686368794

VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement