Saddlebags on ebay - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Saddlebags on ebay

Hey guys. I just listed the saddlebags I bought (and decided not to use) on ebay. (I just got sick of dealing with the turn signal relocation thing and ordered the universal supports from willie and max and some nice fieldsheer bags.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=011

They are in really great shape (they look brand new) and if you're in the market for bags you should check these out. They come with the supports BUT NOT THE TURN SIGNAL RELOCATION BRACKET, so if you need the whole shebang I wouldn't go this route, but if you are just looking for the supports and bags, these would do nicely. They retail at www.buykawasaki.com for 339.95 and are part number K53000-120A if you want to see a better pic of them. My buy it now price is just over half of retail plus 20.00 shipping. I will ship them the fastest way I can for the twenty bucks to where ever you are. In other words, I am not padding the price with shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Hey!

kidding, just moving it to the top
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone have any ideas why no one has bid on the saddlebags yet? I am really hoping to get them out of my garage... not to mention get my money back.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 08:15 PM
HAWK

Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner
Getting close to end of season, sales are getting slow

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Once Banned

I'm guessing the buy it now price. With that in the ad, it becomes apparent that you have a reserve of something close to $175.

Secondly, you are being too specific in your classification of what they fit. They'll probably fit just about anything, although the supports won't. Maybe removing the name "Kawasaki" in the title.

Thirdly, and most importantly, did you do your homework? Did you check the prices for other bags and what they are actually selling for? Seems like there are quite a few, and prices of some are like in the 60 dollar range. That is, for the ones that are actually selling. It appears to me that there are currently more sellers than there are buyers.

My wife suggests trying again around christmas.

2000 A16
Drilled baffles
$65 leather saddle bags
Kuryaken grips
relocated R/R
de-badged
25,000+ original owner miles
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 08:21 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

It's the ebay way. I can almost guarantee by the last couple minutes, bids will start to show up.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys, I will wait for the end and then take what you said into account, and Ernie thank your wife for me... tell her she is a saint to put up with you and we are all praying for her sainthood every night... Oh, and your daughter too...
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
if you asking me this entire reserve thing is just wrong. consider - why start bidding at 25 if you not going to sell it for 25? What is the point for me (a buyer in general) to bid lets say 40$ if seller will not sell fo rthat much? I personally don't bother with Reserved auctions unless the reserve is met or only a couple hours remain.

also i tend not to bid untill last minute, if this is something i really want i'll wait untill last 20 seconds - i'm not a gambling guy, if i really need it i will bid to win unless i can get it cheeper elswere.

just my opinion on the matter
good luck!

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

the reserve is what I need to get out of it to break even. As for the bid price, I don't get that part either, I just did what they told me to do. As for the buy it now price, that is my wish beyond all wish price. It is just over half of retail and I would think if I could get these great bags at half price, cool, I would do it, especially if I really wanted these bags. But whatever! I either sell them or not... I would like to recoup the price I paid, but I could probably put them on later if I end up keeping them. For now, though I just ordered the tourisimo saddlebags from my dealer. I like them a lot and they come off really easily.

kait
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Once Banned

OH, did I mention that I'm a priest? I tend to forget about that little item. Probly because it's not important to me.

2000 A16
Drilled baffles
$65 leather saddle bags
Kuryaken grips
relocated R/R
de-badged
25,000+ original owner miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement