Stator from an 86 VN 750 for sale - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Stator from an 86 VN 750 for sale

Howdy - Bought this on eBay after I blew my regulator/rectifier. Turns out that I hadn't also blown my stator , so now I have a spare stator that I hope I never, ever need (since I relo'd my r/r per the Forum members' instructions). If anyone needs a stator, I'll sell it for what I paid for it: $75 plus whatever shipping is (I'm guessing $10 for Priority Mail). I checked the leads with my multimeter and everything seems to be fine, per specs. Drop me an email at the Forum or my home email address ([email protected]) if you need the part. Elsewise, I'll just post it on eBay.

Thanks!

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Once Banned

Iamyerfatha...

2000 A16
Drilled baffles
$65 leather saddle bags
Kuryaken grips
relocated R/R
de-badged
25,000+ original owner miles
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Go away, Darth! Don't you have a son somewhere whose in love with his own sister?

Okay, now that you're back: I'm going to lube the final drive splines this weekend. Question: o-ring, 2 cotter pins, and the Moby 60 grease...Home Despot, or do I have to go to my friendly cycle shop and wait 4 weeks for parts?

C

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 09:30 PM

Don't know about the o-ring, but the MOLY you can get at cycle shop or maybe a auto parts store, cotter pins are there too, I am guessing.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:04 PM

Oh, and aren't stators good forever...

I would keep it JUST IN CASE!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Once Banned

Yeah, a good stator in paw is worth two in george w.

As to moldy-60, welcome back pins, and a diamond ring, I SPOSE you can get them some place other than a bike barn. I never tried. The bikers here say Holy Moly about the Honda Moly. If the ingredients are the same (in same proportions), I'd be willing to guess that it works the same as well.

2000 A16
Drilled baffles
$65 leather saddle bags
Kuryaken grips
relocated R/R
de-badged
25,000+ original owner miles
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

I thought stators were good forever, too, but you're right, Kait, that keeping a "spare" is probably not a bad idea. If someone needs one now, then I'm happy to sell; if not, then I guess I should be happy to store it safely somewhere while I memorize my Clymer manual for removing the engine.

I'll call my local service dude today and see what he can find for me in the way of pins and such. Too much reading the Forum last night, and I'm suddenly feeling like I should run home and lube the splines RIGHT NOW.

C
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:40 AM
"ya can't live forever"

What were the resistance readings on the leads?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 08:35 AM

Cindy, you absolutely should LUBE THE SPLINES RIGHT NOW!

I took my bike to the shop and had them do it, nary a speck of lube on my splines... at least they weren't dusty and rusty like some I have read about, but dry, definitely.

And the stator, hang on to it for sure. Even if you don't need it some poor sod who didn't find us soon enough is going to come here crying for a stator and YOU will get to be the hero...

kait
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

The resistance on the leads was well within specs - I don't have my Clymer's in front of me, but they were on-target with the recommendations in the manual. And the stator-that-didn't-blow (the one still on my bike) had the same readings, so I know that I was reading the multimeter correctly.

Kait, now I'm all fretting about these darned splines: I called my local shop, and they said "cotter pins, o-rings...call a Kawasaki dealer." A couple of questions in the dumb questions category: if I pull a cotter pin, I should replace it with a new one? Always? Or can I put it back? The o-ring I'm less concerned about, but the pins...that's another story (and worry).

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement