Sell, Swap, Wanted Guidelines...PLS Read ! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wolfie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Sell, Swap, Wanted Guidelines...PLS Read !

There have been a few snafus in the pasy year with sales/trades/wanted posts. Im gonna lay down a few suggestions, NOT rules, because we cant do that, but Im hoping if all follow what Ive set down, all will run smoothly.

1) Posting a sale/swap....the OP should specify whether to sho interest in the thread or to PM, not either or. The OP will determine the means of contact. This will clearly show the buyer/bidder in a chronological order. Details on the transaction can then be done in private.
Also, unless its a "part wanted" post, dont add your own items to the same thread.

2) Parts wanted posts.... When a member posts a "part wanted/needed", its for a reason. If that member gets responses, and you are interested yourself, then post something like "if XXX doesnt take it, Im interested". Please dont try to undermine members seeking parts.

3) Transactions....these are solely the responsibilities of the seller/buyer. If a deal goes bad, do NOT contact staff. Staff has no say over private transactions.
But as a suggestion, get all contact info before mailing parts or payment. This includes full name, addy and phone number. When selling to someone youre not sure of, request a deposit as a show of faith.

Other than that, we're all brothers here in one way or another...lets treat each other as such. Thanks....

artsanchez75 likes this.

Last edited by Wolfie; 03-07-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 10:25 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
There have been a few snafus in the pasy year with sales/trades/wanted posts. Im gonna lay down a few suggestions, NOT rules, because we cant do that, but Im hoping if all follow what Ive set down, all will run smoothly.

1) Posting a sale/swap....the OP should specify whether to sho interest in the thread or to PM, not either or. The OP will determine the means of contact. This will clearly show the buyer/bidder in a chronological order. Details on the transaction can then be done in private.

2) Parts wanted posts.... When a member posts a "part wanted/needed", its for a reason. If that member gets responses, and you are interested yourself, then post something like "if XXX doesnt take it, Im interested". Please dont try to undermine members seeking parts.

3) Transactions....these are solely the responsibilities of the seller/buyer. If a deal goes bad, do NOT contact staff. Staff has no say over private transactions.
But as a suggestion, get all contact info before mailing parts or payment. This includes full name, addy and phone number. When selling to someone youre not sure of, request a deposit as a show of faith.

Other than that, we're all brothers here in one way or another...lets treat each other as such. Thanks....
NP....This is good you laid out our guidelines for us to follow...Thank You

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 11:27 AM
ass hole extaordinaire

Glad you put it in writing brother
Shame someone had to do so but glad you did

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
Sucks getting old but it beats not getting old.

i got my helmet but it sure makes licking the windows a chore

cell phone number for anyone who needs it 214-516-1738

photobucket link
http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/newrider9984/library/

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Well...hopefully we didnt lose a member because of issues....I know of a few who are ticked at some dealings in the past....and then of course we have Raker Smith.
Hopefully what I set down will circumvent future problems.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Chasin' the blacktop

Raker Smith???

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The mini-skirt is a very functional article of clothing. With it a woman can run much faster; and because of it she may have too.
North Georgia
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

I should have written RakerBill/T Smith.... my bad...

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 01:40 PM

If I could add one thing....

Put a price on it. If it's firm, say so, if it's negotiable, say so, but put a price on it.

Too many times, after three or four PMs, I get "What do you think it's worth?" "Waddya gimme fer it?"

I can't be the buyer and the seller at the same time, please put a price on it, then we haggle if you're willing.

Next, pics are always better than no pics.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 02:00 PM
1986 VN750

Garage
I can agree to that. The seller should post how much they want, and if they'll take OBO. Nobody should have to treat it like a yard sale "so.. how much for that?". lol

1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
NGK Iridium Plugs #7803/DPR7EIX-9
Duralast Gold ETX15 AGM Battery
Coastered & Shaved
TOC MCCTs
Metzeler ME880 [110/90-19, 170/80-15]
Balance Dampers Replaced
Tuxedo Mod
Rebuilt Forks w/ Progressive Springs
V&H Cruzers
VN750.com Grill Cover
Meanstreak Seat
Emgo 23-92411 Handlebars
MOSFET FH012AA R/R

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

1998 Honda VFR800 FI

2014 Honda VFR800F

1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

The intent of my post was for those interested to get "in order" of interest....often a part is in such demand, its almost priceless...once all have their "order of querry" secured, prices can be discussed in email or PM...although its nice to have a price posted, i dont feel it should be required...example....member A is a buddy, a brother....he's interested, and Id GIVE him the part (as Ive done)...member B, is just a board member and merely an aquaintance...Id prolly sell to them (or at least ask shipping)...and ya, its all kosher to do that too....quite a few members here have GIVEN me stuff, knowing my finances, rather than even getting a few bucks cash....I think thats true brotherhood and keeps the folks on this board tight...if ya wanna go all the $$$ plus shipping, do it on Ebay or Craigs....not thru the board....besides, there are a few owner rules as to selling as well....we've been gently tiptoeing around the edge....lets not push it...

Posting a price is up to the poster...."best offer" IMO is acceptable...

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 12:56 AM
Prometheus

Expect me to be following these rule-non-rules within the week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement