Welp, time to part ways with the bike - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Welp, time to part ways with the bike

With school I have been riding the tu250 (really awesome bike) and ignoring the issues the vulcan has (and going to follow the gf to wherever her residency takes her in March) so I am going to sell the bike.

It is a 1994 with 30,800 miles on the od. It has new forks/seals, progressive rear suspension, new air filters, carbs are all cleaned up, led brake light, and the tires are under 2k miles. Here is the skinny- water was leaking into the gas cap which caused problems. Replaced the seals, but the tank looks a bit rusty. It has been sitting since June. It would run on both cylinders for a few seconds and then settle on only the front. It has a good spark on all plugs but the coil resistance is a touch out of spec. Cleaned the carbs but it still has the same issues.

It has some dings on the tank and isn't going to win a beauty contest, but before the water-in-gas issue it took me on week long trips all around the east coast.

If you are interested- make me an offer. Would have to be picked up since it doesn't run (last start was in June). I really, really don't feel like parting it out due to school taking up all my time (but I am an ME major so taking it apart would feel cool...) and living in a city puts a damper on most big projects.

As a first bike I will not be forgetting it soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1065.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	5118   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1061.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	5119   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1060.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	5120   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1062.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	5121   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1063.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	5122  

Last edited by Papa Smurf; 12-13-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Jack of all trades

man I would love to come down and pick that up. Problem is I'd only be able to come up with like $250 at any given time because I'm going back to school (ugh...more school). I know you can get more than that for it though. Good luck...shame I won't be able to pick that up.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Heh, I know what you mean. My schooling was international relations, but I'm redoing the bachelors for what I really wanted- mechanical engineering.

It is difficult selling (or buying) a bike in a city. I just thought I would post here before I go to the craigslist nutjobs.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
With school I have been riding the tu250 (really awesome bike) and ignoring the issues the vulcan has (and going to follow the gf to wherever her residency takes her in March) so I am going to sell the bike.

It is a 1994 with 30,800 miles on the od. It has new forks/seals, progressive rear suspension, new air filters, carbs are all cleaned up, led brake light, and the tires are under 2k miles. Here is the skinny- water was leaking into the gas cap which caused problems. Replaced the seals, but the tank looks a bit rusty. It has been sitting since June. It would run on both cylinders for a few seconds and then settle on only the front. It has a good spark on all plugs but the coil resistance is a touch out of spec. Cleaned the carbs but it still has the same issues.

It has some dings on the tank and isn't going to win a beauty contest, but before the water-in-gas issue it took me on week long trips all around the east coast.

If you are interested- make me an offer. Would have to be picked up since it doesn't run (last start was in June). I really, really don't feel like parting it out due to school taking up all my time (but I am an ME major so taking it apart would feel cool...) and living in a city puts a damper on most big projects.

As a first bike I will not be forgetting it soon.
Looks like the rear fender has been munched by the license plate bracket and light housing too.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 01:25 AM

Hey Papa...try posting some of the outlying Craigslists from you...ie a lil more to the rural....lotta folks are lookin for winter projects around now, and are willing to drive...

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I'll prob go that route. As for the "bumper" dent. I completely forgot about that! It was an odd event- I was rear ended by a dump truck at a stop light. By rear ended I mean bumped. I thought the bike had stalled as if I just absent mindedly dropped the clutch, but the bike was still running. Then I noticed the big truck taking up my entire mirrors. I had some words with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement