Selling my bike - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Selling my bike

I'm selling my 85 VN700. Engine has been gone through by the PO. It runs good, has 33K and change for miles.
New tires, Sportster exhaust w/o goats belly, tank, side covers and front fender is primered black. Nice seatcover with buttons, rivco mirrors with LED lights front and back, front doubles as turn.running lights.
I have extra parts that will go with it. Starter, exhaust system, CDI, wiring harness ears and neck covers. Pod filters and stock jets. I also have extra sets of jets and pilots. I will include amount and size as soon as I can get them written down.
It will need fork seals, and a gas cap key and lock. The handlebars are bent slightly on the left side so those will need replaced.
I'm asking $1200.00 OBO
And please no stupid remarks about me or my bike. The pettiness has gone on long enough.
I will post pics tomorrow as soon as I get some taken of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 10:43 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSmith68 View Post
I'm selling my 85 VN700. Engine has been gone through by the PO. It runs good, has 33K and change for miles.
New tires, Sportster exhaust w/o goats belly, tank, side covers and front fender is primered black. Nice seatcover with buttons, rivco mirrors with LED lights front and back, front doubles as turn.running lights.
I have extra parts that will go with it. Starter, exhaust system, CDI, wiring harness ears and neck covers. Pod filters and stock jets. I also have extra sets of jets and pilots. I will include amount and size as soon as I can get them written down.
It will need fork seals, and a gas cap key and lock. The handlebars are bent slightly on the left side so those will need replaced.
I'm asking $1200.00 OBO
And please no stupid remarks about me or my bike. The pettiness has gone on long enough.
I will post pics tomorrow as soon as I get some taken of it.
Who was the previous owner ? The VN750 is a small world....

WilliamTech

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 05:30 AM
Let's Ride!!

Garage
Only "stupid" comment I'll make about the bike is that $1200 seems a little high. For one thing, it's coming to the end of the riding season for most people. For another, I sold a '93 750 with 23K miles for $1400 back in April. 10K miles more, 8 years older, and 50cc less, I think you'd be lucky to get $1000. Just something to think about for comparison.

'95 Vulcan 750 - Purchased 8/2003 w/ 21,124 miles - passed 50K 9/3/15
* VN900 seat * Daytona handlebar * Converted ACCTs to MCCTs * Relocated R/R * Drilled clutch basket * Coastered * Repainted *

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 07:59 AM

Previous owner(s)

Given who is selling the bike and what I have read on several threads, there are a few of you who could claim that title. At least partial owners...of a part or two...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

It is a bit high Dave, but there has been a lot of work done to the engine by the PO. And I have done a lot to it as well.
And Okiebezer, nice jab there. All the parts on it are the original parts from when I bought it earlier this year plus some that I added that I got from Craigslist locally.
If it don't sell, no biggie, I will keep it and let my wife ride it next year. I'm looking at a bike locally that I might purchase as soon as I get my bonus which in turn I will pay off all the members on here that I owe.
If the bike does sell, that would be great, I will keep it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Let's Ride!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSmith68 View Post
It is a bit high Dave, but there has been a lot of work done to the engine by the PO. And I have done a lot to it as well.
I must say this, I'm pleased/impressed by your genuine answer. I don't really agree with it, but at least you answered honestly. Thank you for that.

Now, I will say one other thing that someone has said on another board I'm on: additions/modifications/aftermarket parts do not increase the value dollar for dollar. So if you spend $500 on parts, the value of the bike has not gone up by that much. Depending on the parts, it may only go up by $100 or so. And so the work done on the engine - unless a complete rebuild with fresh pistons/rings/valves/etc. - probably won't increase the value as much as you might think

This is just something for you to consider, but of course you can ask whatever price you want.

'95 Vulcan 750 - Purchased 8/2003 w/ 21,124 miles - passed 50K 9/3/15
* VN900 seat * Daytona handlebar * Converted ACCTs to MCCTs * Relocated R/R * Drilled clutch basket * Coastered * Repainted *
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 07:17 PM

Garage
I'm going to bite the bullet this week and buy the 2002 (local craiglist) for $1,000 and all I need is a final drive unit (splines are shot) I looked at it tonight and it has new tires front and back and a new battery (wet cell) also a luggage rack and an extendend sissy bar along with the short one. And it's just short of 16,000 and sounds smooth (no cam chain noise) I pulled the seat and checked the charging system too, all is well there also.

"Show me a man who makes no mistakes, and I'll show you a man who doesn't do things." Theodore Roosevelt."

2007 Victory Kingpin
Current projects - 1986 VN750 & 1988 EL250
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

That's a decent price shark88.
On mine Dave the crank and rod bearings were replaced by the PO. He also bought another set of carbs and rejetted them for the earshave and sportster mufflers he put on.
I know adding aftermarket parts won't raise the resell value much, but there are some around here that think it does, and they won't budge on the prices. Bikes around here are always going for higher prices than normal. I priced mine a bit higher, and I have a little wiggle room on it. If someone hit me with a decent price, I would sell it.
And as for your first post, I didn't consider it stupid in any way. You were being honest, nothing wrong with that.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

I decided I'm not going to sell my bike. It is the wrong time of year, and the price is a bit high. So I will set on it this winter, and go through it and decide if I want to sell it next spring or not. I have found an engine and a complete front end plus a lot of other parts I'm considering buying off of a 2000 VN750. I just have to nail down a price from the seller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement