2 "EN" Vulcans... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

2 "EN" Vulcans...

Went to my salvage yard today (KC2 knows it) and there were 2 EN series Vulcans there...one was a belt drive...didnt look at displacement, just got what I needed (brake and shift lever, and 2 pass pegs for $9)...for those who dont know, the EN/LTD was the inline engine version...MANY parts are interchangable ! Especially if doing mods...the sissy bar/seat on one is awesome.
Im lookin fer a Sugar Daddy to buy both (guessing $200) maybe less, to strip em and sell the parts....I'll do the sellin legwork, storage and stripping....
The forks look same, but seem longer by mebbe 3-4"....bet a buncha guys could deal with that....one has the exact same inst panel as ours too...
If anyone's interested in investing, lemme know soon, else they will be melted down.....
Im hopin my buddy can front me the bucks, but he's having serious front brake problems....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Awesome info. Im definitely interested in forks, if they are at least 3" over stock. seat and backrest.. hmmm... I think i need to look up what the EN looks like. Might be worth getting the rear fender, fender struts, and sissy bar for a couple mods I am working on for a few members on here.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 08:53 PM
1986 VN750

Garage
I'd check to see if the parts are indeed worth it on eBay or EN specific forums. If justifiably so, I might back the project for shared profit.

1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
NGK Iridium Plugs #7803/DPR7EIX-9
Duralast Gold ETX15 AGM Battery
Coastered & Shaved
TOC MCCTs
Metzeler ME880 [110/90-19, 170/80-15]
Balance Dampers Replaced
Tuxedo Mod
Rebuilt Forks w/ Progressive Springs
V&H Cruzers
VN750.com Grill Cover
Meanstreak Seat
Emgo 23-92411 Handlebars
MOSFET FH012AA R/R

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

1998 Honda VFR800 FI

2014 Honda VFR800F

1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
forks will swap with zero mods, they are both 38mm forks. The steering head bearings are the same size diameters, just different surface angles, but by pressing out the VN750 race from the frame, and pressing in the EN race that would fix that problem if you wanted to swap triple trees. Just not sure if the stem is the same length or not. I don't have that information at my finger tips. But if you were to swap out triple trees, you would also need the EN axle and fabricate your own axle spacers to keep the VN wheel, or just use the EN wheel.

What Wolfie and I are trying to do is just find a set of fork tubes that are 2"-6" longer than stock (2-6" over using the correct terminology). And use only the fork tubes, keeping the stock VN750 Triple Tree and Axle parts for a very simple swap, and keep the front end looking stock until you really start looking close at the new Rake angle compared to a Bone Stock VN750 sitting next to it.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Garage
check the VIN#....hope it isn't my old EN454....lol

I gotta come up and take a look sometime....
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

The lowers and front wheel are the same too...all ya need to do is drop yer tubes from the triple tree, and shove these back in...even the fender mounts look the same.....
Talked to my buddy Jack today, and when he gets home from work tomorrow, we're gonna go over and look (he has a pickup)...said he'd front me the bucks if wasnt over $150-200....then called the scrapyard...they said they need to weigh em, and will sell for the metal weight...hmmmm....I KNOW they paid $50 each for em....will see tomorrow....but will be nice to have slightly over forks, near new Dunlops (all 4 tires are good), and a good set of rear shocks....with whatever's left, I may build a retro style chopper/bobber....that could be sweet in itself....
Im just tryin to save these two before they go to the crusher....damn dashboard's the same on one of em....hand controls the same...same seat from what I could tell...bars look a lil neater...more like buckhorns...
I'll empty out my garage and put a heater in, and spend my whole winter in there...alls I need is a MIG....and my buddy Jack's been considering it...

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 05:44 PM

I like my vn750, but my first Kawasaki was a 454LTD and i really liked it. It was so agile and quick. It was a pleasure to ride.

Mcneuby
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

I dont think theyre 454s...look too big...my guess is the belt drive EN750...master cyl same as on my 85...so that should estimate the date until I check VINs....
No titles btw, think I stated that...but one even still had the key in the ignition....too good to pass up, IMO....will let y'all know tomorrow when I go...

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I loved my EN500 which I rode before the VN750. The belt drive model may be my old bike.

2003 Wine/Gray VN750 bought in 2005 w/2000 Miles
LED Tail/Brakelight & License Plate Light;Chrome Inspection Sticker Plate ;Battery Charging Quick Plug;Kuryakyn LED Battery Voltmeter;Throttle Rocker Palm Rest;Optronics Driving Lamps;KnifeMaker Floor Boards;Halogen Headlamp Bulb;OEM Engine Guard;Iridium Spark Plugs;OEM Luggage rack;Stebel Air Horn;Handlebar Clock; Handlebar Thermometer; Sealed Battery; Marbled; Leather Grip Covers; Rectangular Mirrors

~VROC~ # 389
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

...and yeah...since the front end is longer, front cables will be longer too for those adding apes and such....I got dibs on one front end set w/cables...so, one will be up fer grabs same....I'd rather sell the front end complete....but hell, aint even gotten them yet, but looks good so far....will know by late tomorrow....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement