EFM Auto Clutch for trade - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

EFM Auto Clutch for trade

After seeing how well my son's 05 Vulcan has done over the past year I decided to buy as 2003. It will go nice with my other 750, an H2 that I bought new in 74.

The previous owner had installed a EFM auto clutch that he had removed prior to sale. Is anyone interested in it? All the parts appear to be there and it basically replaces the pressure plate. Since I like to have spare parts on hand in case something break s(or gets bent) I am open to trading. New, these things go for more than some Vulcans so a trade would be nice. If no one is interested I will try and sell it on EBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:04 PM
1986 VN750

Garage
Wow, I never heard of one of these being made for the VN.

Pretty awesome, overall. I doubt I'd have anything you'd want, but I bet someone here does.

Well, that being said, I do have a full spare electrical system for the VN750. Entire wiring harness and everything that attaches, igniter, JB, etc. Everything but the headlight and turn signals really. If you want that let me know.

1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
NGK Iridium Plugs #7803/DPR7EIX-9
Duralast Gold ETX15 AGM Battery
Coastered & Shaved
TOC MCCTs
Metzeler ME880 [110/90-19, 170/80-15]
Balance Dampers Replaced
Tuxedo Mod
Rebuilt Forks w/ Progressive Springs
V&H Cruzers
VN750.com Grill Cover
Meanstreak Seat
Emgo 23-92411 Handlebars
MOSFET FH012AA R/R

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

1998 Honda VFR800 FI

2014 Honda VFR800F

1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350

Last edited by thtanner; 09-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 02:44 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
After seeing how well my son's 05 Vulcan has done over the past year I decided to buy as 2003. It will go nice with my other 750, an H2 that I bought new in 74.

The previous owner had installed a EFM auto clutch that he had removed prior to sale. Is anyone interested in it? All the parts appear to be there and it basically replaces the pressure plate. Since I like to have spare parts on hand in case something break s(or gets bent) I am open to trading. New, these things go for more than some Vulcans so a trade would be nice. If no one is interested I will try and sell it on EBay
...viewed manf. website video's ...wow ! I'm impressed !
wish I had the $$$ !

WilliamTech

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 02:20 AM

Are you looking for anything in particular? I have some extra parts I would be willing to part with.
I have a starter, CDI box, starter solenoid, Exhaust system with or without the goats belly, and a hiway/crash bar.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

I was thinking of maybe a set of carburetors or a better seat. I already have extra electrical parts except for a stator (I planned on getting one from Ricks) gas caps, side covers, back rests, luggage rack, radiator, thermostat assembly, etc. Mostly all the odds and ends. I am going to de-goat my exhaust then eventually upgrade to a better exhaust like Vance & Hines. If I had the carburetors I could rebuild and re-jet so it would be ready to swap. I probably should weigh the assembly to get an idea on shipping. but it is fairly small.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
(I planned on getting one from Ricks)
Why Rick's.. every one Knows Tim has a better one for a fraction of the cost.. ohh and in the three years I have been recommending a TPE Stator, I have yet to see one fail.. in the same amount of time, Every one that puts a Rick's Stator on ends up getting the TPE any ways and wishes they did it first.

Get your Tim Parrot Enterprise's Stator HERE.

Carbs were like 5 bucks flat rate shipped usps.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 12:43 PM
1986 VN750

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
I was thinking of maybe a set of carburetors or a better seat. I already have extra electrical parts except for a stator (I planned on getting one from Ricks) gas caps, side covers, back rests, luggage rack, radiator, thermostat assembly, etc. Mostly all the odds and ends. I am going to de-goat my exhaust then eventually upgrade to a better exhaust like Vance & Hines. If I had the carburetors I could rebuild and re-jet so it would be ready to swap. I probably should weigh the assembly to get an idea on shipping. but it is fairly small.
Do not buy a stator from Ricks. It's just cheap Chinese crap. You're best off doing a rewind from Tim Parrot when the time comes. I recently read about a Ricks stator lasting under 400 miles.

I do have a spare set of carbs in good working order, however. Let me know.

1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
NGK Iridium Plugs #7803/DPR7EIX-9
Duralast Gold ETX15 AGM Battery
Coastered & Shaved
TOC MCCTs
Metzeler ME880 [110/90-19, 170/80-15]
Balance Dampers Replaced
Tuxedo Mod
Rebuilt Forks w/ Progressive Springs
V&H Cruzers
VN750.com Grill Cover
Meanstreak Seat
Emgo 23-92411 Handlebars
MOSFET FH012AA R/R

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

1998 Honda VFR800 FI

2014 Honda VFR800F

1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Good advice.

Thanks for the info on the stator. I don't really remember who suggested Ricks and before I buy any parts I plan on researching this site. The amount of information here is incredible. Since I just got the bike I am still sorting it out. She appears to have been sitting a while and to have been down once at a slow speed according to the windshield and some minor rash on one signal. Iíve changed the front tire (something I havenít done in over 30 years and may pay someone to do next time) and am doing the basics. More or less following the Verses. Changing the fluids, checking for loose nuts and bolts and I have new NGK plugs and K&N air filters coming in the mail. Right now I am going to have a few extra keys made then I am pulling the rear wheel. I already replaced the lock on the toolbox which was missing and am probably going to make a set of floor boards. Even though I havenít ridden since my H2 was parked in 85 I still want to put my feet down on pegs that are right below me. Itíll take a while to get used to the cruiser ride. The rear turn signals have been relocated and thereís a decent set of Willie and Max saddlebags. With just over 14,000 miles I am not expecting any real surprises.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement