2004 VN750, 1600 original miles, WNY - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

2004 VN750, 1600 original miles, WNY, price drop to $2000.

Please read the entire thread for details around the price drop. Serious only please, PM replies.

This 750 was removed from long term dry storage, and with the help from folks here was serviced and put back to work. Miles are original, looks and behaves great, the storage bugs have been defeated, and should give a lot of riding. Only cosmetic issues are a slightly scuffed clutch handle from an encounter in the garage, brand new battery. Asking $2900 here in Rochester NY area. Hate to sell it but financial needs require it.
PM replies please, as I don't get on the forums as much as I'd like.

PLEASE READ THE THREAD FOR DETAILS. RIDE IT OR PART IT?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-17 17.06.31.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	4854  

Last edited by ronnyvous1; 09-22-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Youngster

Very pretty bike, super low miles. Good luck on selling!

1990 VN750 Red and Black
Bought on 6/30/2012 w/ 13,230 miles
At ~20,000
To Do List: Paint Front Rim, Acct- mcct mod

Done: Adjusted Float Bowls, R/R Replace and Relocate, Coastered, Ear Shave, Front/Rear Tire Change, Replaced Final Gear Seals, Splines Lubed, Relay Coil Mod, Replaced Fork Seals, Rebuilt Starter
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 04:30 AM

wow low miles is right!

from upstate NY here, now in south. GLWS

Speed - ZX10R
Comfort - VN750
-the older I get, the faster I was!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Reducing the price on this. Now comes the catch.:
When I bought this and got the replacement title from Missouri, it still showed the original lien from the now defunct finance company. Here in NY, it is perfectly acceptable to title a bike, the only issue is that the lien stays on your title. It is titled in my name currently, with the lien still showing. I have sent in all the proper paerwork to try and get the lien release since the note was "discharged" (their words) in 2007, but since the finance company has gone through at least 2 incarnations since then, the paperwork is still in limbo. I was told anywhere from 30 days to 6 months. The original purchaser in unavailable to deal with it, he is in secure deployment in Afghanistan, and cannot even communicate with family.

Therefore, I will drop the price to the first $2000 cash in hand, with the lien on the title. If, with some miracle, the release arrives before it's sold, I will drop this offer and go back to somewhere around the 2900 mark. If it arrives AFTER the sale, I will of course get it to the buyer. If it never arrives, the buyer can do what he can to fix it themselves, ride it, part it out, whatever. ( I hear there are title and release services that will clear it for a fee) Due to health and resulting financial issues I want it gone, as it sits. I feel that $2k is a fair price for the sum of the parts. I will NOT part the bike here, it's cash and carry for the whole deal. But if someone has a bent bike and wants to have a 1600 mile parts source, or wants to deal with the title issues, it's ready to go. Picked up here near Rochester NY, price is firm. PM replies please, not on the forum enough to follow.

Last edited by ronnyvous1; 09-22-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement