Definitely. The funny thing is it's probably just the tensioners making that noise. How many times have we seen a spring change not fix the issue?
I think the chains stretch a bit, and go beyond the ability of the ACCT to hold them at bay, so even with a spring change it can't cope. MCCT keeps that constant pressure, and hopefully, keeps the chain happy and not-streching.
I have a spare ACCT that I have converted to MCCT. The total adjustment possible extends the mushroom headed tensioner bolt out about 1/2 or 9/16 of an inch. If the new TOC springs won`t apply sufficient pressure to tighten the cam chains, go to MCCTs.
There are several threads outlining converting the stock ACCT body to an MCCT. The biggest objection to modifying a Kawi`s aluminum bodied ACCT seems to be the fear of the small threads at the top of the tower stripping out due to the relative softness/weakness of aluminum compared to TOC Manufacturing`s steel units. I overcame this possible weakness by using an idea gleaned from one of Wolfie`s posts. He suggested epoxying a 6 mm nut up inside the top of the tower for the adjustment screw to thrust against.
Hallelujah, the nut fits up there! The condition of the aluminum threads that held the little sealing cap screw is now irrelevant. The aluminum threads can even be drilled out if desired, as the nut will take all the thrust from the adjustment screw.
I got all the parts I needed for a buck.
1- M6 X 1.0 X 90mm long cap screw (bolt), which took about 5 minutes to run through a die to thread full length.
2- rubber/steel bonded sealing washers of slightly different diameters.
The larger one sitting against the ACCT body (and is equal to or slightly larger than the OD of the tensioner body) but the ID hole is too big to seal properly, so a second smaller washer with an ID that seals against the adjustment screw is placed on top.
2- plain 6 mm nuts to lock the adjustment screw.
Looking back I could have used just one (1) lock nut in their place.
I had 3 of the 6 mm flanged nuts that had held the licence plate mounting bracket and illumination lamp to the fender before moving the plate up directly under the taillight so it didn`t look and act like a mudflap.
I used one of those flanged nuts to epoxy up inside the ACCT body.
Probably no better or worse than using a plain 6mm nut but I used it just because I had one. <shrug>
I have not installed it yet, but have it mainly as a spare when needed.
Or I may install it on the front cylinder now as an experiment to see how well it works, and how well it stands up in the long run.