Vulcan 900 Seat and backrest anyone? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Vulcan 900 Seat and backrest anyone?

Hey All-

I have a Vulcan 900 Seat and Honda 1100 Backrest up for sale.. I had done this mod on my bike so my lady could ride with me and we both really loved it..

However now she is all knocked up so I went to the mustang seat since I am riding SOLO all the time

Note... there is some adjustments you will need to make on your bike for this seat to fit. If interested I can give you the details.

Spent about 120 bucks to do the mod.. looking to get 100 shipped for the seat and backrest..

Think I have a pic of it mounted to my bike.. Will look for it and upload it as well.

link to bike with seat installed

https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20925

Thanks

Jay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan9000.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	4636  

Accomplishments;

Changed Final Drive Fluid
Iridium Plugs

NGK Spark Plug Wires
Bridgestone Spitfire Tires
Maintenance Free Battery
Lubed the Spline
Shaved and Coastered
Under Tank Air Filter
Re-Jetted
Vn900 Seat Mod w/ Honda 1100 Backrest
Rebuilt Petcock
Custom Mirrors
Custom SaddleBags
LED Taillight
Heads Up Voltage Monitor

Upcoming: Change front fork Seals & Oil, install highway pegs & floorboards

Last edited by MaDeInSin; 06-17-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 PM

Garage
HELLOFADEAL!! BOLT ON PACKAGE DEAL. I don't need it and I'm temped
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Old Truck Junkie

That is a really good deal.

02 honda sabre 1100

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012, 01:00 PM

I'm really very interested in this because the stock seat just doesn't work very well for riding with my wife as a passenger. But I have a few questions about it.

Firstly, how comfortable is this seat compared to the stock 750 seat? I know everyone's butt is different and that is a completely subjective question. I know it adds some extra room for the passenger which is badly needed! Does it change the seating position of the driver and does it lower the seat at all compared to stock?

Are the grab rails that you modified for the back rest included as well? How much modification is required on the bike? I've read through the info that Chuck posted and it looks like it's not too much to do, but I'm looking to do as little as possible. lol I assume you have to relocate the turn signals right?

I've been considering buying a used stock vn750 seat and trying to modify it myself for comfort and additional passenger room, but I'm afraid that would just end up being a waste of money and time in the long run. I've also considered sending my seat to Spencer's Moto Care, but I can't stand to not be able to ride while it's gone. heh
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 05:40 AM

i want it just let me know how to get it and i will do what ever
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

I have had 4 inquiries so far on this seat... and all of you had some of the same basic questions..

So I figured I would just answer them to the best of my ability here on the forum.

Comfort. I think the stock seat is more comfortable BUT I never had spencer repad it.. I think that would make a def improvement. Plus seats are all relative to the ass sitting in them :-)

My favorite thing about the 900 seat was it slid me back a little bit vs stock, mustang, corbin.... and of course there is def extra room for your passenger.

Chuck.. do you remember if it lowers the seat compared to stock? I cannot recall but I want to say yes.. (Don't quote me on that)

Grab rails are included that I modded.. I just chopped them off with a hacksaw.. Nothing special but they are already modded and ready for install.

Modifications to the bike... There are def some you have to do..

I will try and add the link of what I did and chuck did so you can get an idea..

I don't think you have to relocate the turn signals for this mod... But generally if you decide to add saddlebags to your bike you most likely will have too.. Tons of ways to do that if you search for it on the forum..

One small note.. The rear of the seat where I modded it needs to be stapled back up.. Nothing major, I actually used it this way the whole time I had it on my bike.. But it needs to be taken to a upholstery shop and let them button it up.. Chuck said it cost him like 5 bucks when he had it done.. I am sure the price is negligible..

Deviate- You are second in line for the seat... chrisinal.. you are fourth..

I will respond to the PMS I have and start getting final answers from everyone.. I will be in touch.

Thanks All-

Jay

Accomplishments;

Changed Final Drive Fluid
Iridium Plugs

NGK Spark Plug Wires
Bridgestone Spitfire Tires
Maintenance Free Battery
Lubed the Spline
Shaved and Coastered
Under Tank Air Filter
Re-Jetted
Vn900 Seat Mod w/ Honda 1100 Backrest
Rebuilt Petcock
Custom Mirrors
Custom SaddleBags
LED Taillight
Heads Up Voltage Monitor

Upcoming: Change front fork Seals & Oil, install highway pegs & floorboards
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 PM

Thanks Jay. I figured others would have similar questions and even if we don't end up getting this seat from you we would know for future reference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement