85 VN 700 parts - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

85 VN 700 parts

well the bike is complete and the engine turns good and free, compression is good. The bike just needed some TLC so I snagged it. I loved its profile and really wanted to build it. But then real life steps in and messes up all the fun... Im already 400.00 over budget on the goldwing build and its not near done yet. the XS sits in a similar position and my Seca needs constant assurance I still love her like I used to. It will be a year before I can build this Vulcan. I would really love to keep it but Im gonna throw it up in the air. If anybody wants parts or needs a motor or.... chime in. If nobody wants/needs anything maybe ill roll it into a corner for "some day"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Patriot Guard Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by skw1972 View Post
roll it into a corner for "some day"
Don't part her out!

1986 Black Kawasaki Vulcan VN750 "Black KAWK"
VN750 #9300 & VROC #33453

EMGO Handlebar, V&H Exhaust, Drop Shocks, Raised/Painted Fork, MeanStreak Seat, Tank Bib, ME880 Oversize Tires, Engine Guard, Custom Mirrors, Chris Products Turn Signals, Ear Shave, 150/42 Jets, PINGEL Fuel Valve, MCCT, Volt Meter, Shendegen R/R, AGM Battery, Coastered, .020 Coils, Relo Gauges & Headlamp, SilverStar Ultra, LED Flashing Brake Light, Center Stand Delete, WOLO Airhorn.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Jack of all trades

Where are you at? You never know someone around might just help out or take her off your hands.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Im in Milton Fl. I really didnt want to part her out, its got a good engine and the bike is complete. some surface rust but mild, just a quick washing did wonders but.. with the other 2 builds going on I just dont see it. itll be christmas before I could even start. I can "see" the bike and she would be sweet. I snagged her for 300.00. the owner thought the tranny was locked up but it wasnt. the shift mech was the problem. It was stuck in gear! I popped it free in 2 minutes rolled it on the trailer and got it home. 2 hours of tinkering and I knew she was gonna be a good one. but do I really need a third project? My wife sure dont think so lol. Id rather see it go to a "good cause"
of course in 7 or 8 months I'll be wishing I still had it. My real problem is I dont want to get rid of ANY of them. I just need more time and money!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Jack of all trades

dude if you were closer I would snap that up for my wife. It would cost me like $300 to drive down there just to pick it up. Sucks too because she loves the vn750 and wants one to learn on.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

we have the same problem. Save her she will wait till you get to her and reward you for the tlc you give her. I have sold countless projects that I wish I had back but an trying to stick with my vulcan and ride it out. Ihad to sell one project just to get mine but think I made the right chouse. Best of wishes and good luck on the builds.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 08:58 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

If you do decide to keep her be sure to preserve her the best you can for now. Use liberal coats of grease where necessary, spray the proper lubricant where it is needed and use something on the plastic including the seat. Just don't leave her in the corner without any attention at all. When the time comes a good cleaning will get you back to where you need to be for starting the project or selling her. Good luck no matter what you decide.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

If I just get the Goldwing done
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 04:48 PM

I haven't even rolled mine out to trailer, sold her, feeling a lil sickly about it...
at least the guy plans on fixing it up and giving it to his kid...

85 VN700 Project Bike
Earshave
R/R Relocate
Mustang Seat
Custom grill cover
Busted Engine... removed, split, waiting on parts
Cleaning up & painting the rest

Parts still needed... wanted...
11" shocks, or one stock
Aftermarket exhaust... eventually
Extended forward controls or custom hwy peg mounts for my cramped legs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement