1990 Vulcan for sale - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

1990 Vulcan for sale

Well guys, it was fun while it ran but it broke down too much, and I never was able to go on the motorcycle trip I wanted to do, as I spent time that I wanted to travel fixing the bike. So, I'm planning on selling it. It will be running again by the end of the week, and I can't imagine anything else will break on it, but since I'm going back to school and won't be able to really ride it, and in the spring I'm going abroad, I don't really want to store the motorcycle for winter and spring. I'm also interested in getting a different bike so I might as well sell this now.

Pros
1990 bike with less than 19,000 miles on it.
Brand new Dunlop 404's front and back, less than 600 miles on them. Pro mounted by shop.
Ride-on tire sealant to make flats less likely
New Stator with less than 3,000 miles on it.
Extra regulator.
Regulator has been relocated for better cooling.
National Cycle Plexistar 2 windsheild. Some large scratches, and one broken/repaired mounting bracket, but still wonderful. Fully functional
Comes with some saddle bags
Turn signals remounted, though kinda sloppy DIY thing. Original turnsignals are included so you can remount the turn signals if you wish to remove the saddle bags. I don't need saddle bags or a windshield on my likely future bike, so they are out.
Regular oil changes since I've had it. 3 or 4 in less than 3,600 miles.
49 state tank, no leaks.
Mustank Seat in great condition
ACCT redone two years ago
Brake fluid change, Coolant change, Final drive oil change have all been done recently. Oil was also just done.

Cons:
Rather dubious history, though I'm sure that its out of the dark now.
Tank was bondoed and spray painted. Pretty much matches the fenders, but its not the greatest job. This tank came from another bike.
Bike was dropped once, low speed, in the snow. Happened several months back, but other than some slightly bent handle bars, there was no other damage.
Rear brake pads will need replacing soon I think. Several thousand miles maybe, but thats something that will need to be done.

While I must restate at the current time I'm still waiting on a part that broke, I'm probably setting the price right now at about 1,200. I'd rather sell this thing before school starts and not have to deal with it.

Also, are their any other good places to sell this bike? I'm thinking about ebay as well as putting up a for sale sign and seeing which sells first.

Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 08:40 AM

Sell on Craigslist.org--for 1200 should go fast, good luck

Last edited by bilyum; 08-01-2006 at 08:45 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, forgot about craigslist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement