F/S Exhaust Tips for OEM Muffler - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

F/S Exhaust Tips for OEM Muffler

I have 2 sets of Staiinless Exhaust tips to do 2 motorcycles....... I used these same tips after doing a de-goat and OEM muffler de-baffle on my buddies 1994 VN750..... they are great to cover up the holes that get drilled or the slant tip that gets cut off to gut the OEM mufflers........You slip them over the muffler tip and they fit really snug....snug enough you could use a thin coat of hi temp silicone or a single pop rivet on the underside like i did on his exhaust.......They add about 1" inch of length to the stock exhaust...... You could just use them on your stock exhaust to dress it up to get rid of the slant tip.......

They are brushed finish or you could spend some time with 1500/2000 grit wet sand paper and polish to get them super shiney if you like...they look good just the way they are also.........They are stainless and will never rust also which is a big plus.......

I am pretty sure they will work on all VN750's if the OEM exhaust has not changed over the years....I only used these on a 1994 VN750......

I will take $22.00 shipped USPS Priority.....PayPal or Postal Money order....

!.

Rags

P R Customz

http://imageevent.com/radicalrags/prcustomz

TuxedoSeven's Stator Mod https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthrea...t=16839&page=5

Tuxedo style Stator mount plate kits for sale.
$50.00 shipped! PM me and look at link below.
http://imageevent.com/radicalrags/ka...eplacement?n=0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Yahoo to OldHipWesTex
Just one quick question: Did they change the sound of the bike in any way?

Vulcan #1 1993 - 28K
Vulcan #2 1999 - 26k
It All Comes Down To 3 Things:
#1 Fuel
#2 Spark
#3 Mechanical
Any One Fails - Then It Dont Run

ANTICIPATED MODS:
Build Fiberglass Fenders F/R
Mold & Cast New Turn Signals Lights
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

I honestly dont know because I put the tips on after I gutted the exhaust..... I dont think it will change the sound honestly...it is more for looks to cover up the holes or cut off tip when you gut the OEM mufflers...... or just want a different look for your OEM exhaust to cover up the slant tip which I am not a big fan of anyways......... Also I was playing around with the tips on my buddies VN750 after I gutted his exhaust and noticed you could slide the left tip on all the way and on the right side you slide it just enough to cover up the slant tip and it makes the exhaust on both sides damn near the same length when you look down from above or look straight from behind....... I didnt do it on his bike because I did not spend the time to really polish out the tips to match the chrome to blend it in on the right side pipe as you dont slide it on all the way if you wanna do the equal length look, the transition from chrome to stainless on the tip on the right side being only half on the OEM tip didnt look right not being as shiney as the chrome versus the stainless brush look ...... I went ahead and slid the tips all the way on on both sides and that looks pretty good with even just the brushed stainless look.......

Rags

P R Customz

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 08:12 PM
If only it had 6th gear..

I'm interested bit i have a question. Do you know if it's possible to re-baffle the exhaust with a screws where the welds are? Or do you have to destroy the baffle to remove it? I do a lot of
80+ highway riding and these bikes rev too high to run louder. Went on a Halloween ride today and EVERYBODY had their baffles out or running straights and i felt little.. lol. Would be fun to rile up the neighbors but then go back to normal after ha ha.

Dave

Mods:
Jetted, shaved & coastered
Home made under-tank single filter
Converted ACCT's to manual (thanks wib714)
Dual vac lines on petcock (my cure for ticking)
LED tail/plate lights
Relocated helmet lock to license plate

Added stuff:
Customized hard bags w/ lights
Chrome levers
Hellcat windscreen
LED running lights
Home made 'Vita-Volt' meter
Foot rests on engine guard
Tunes

Hmm....she was on the back when we left.... ??
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

I had to destroy the baffles and diffuser screen to gut the OEM mufflers.... I dont see any way really to get the baffles out intact to make them removable, maybe cut the tips off the OEM mufflers right in front of the baffle mounting plate and carefully drill the 2 large spot welds, still have to cut the screen and the 4 web tabs at the inlet side of the muffler..... you are not gonna get the baffles out with the ring retainer with the tips untouched, the ring is larger then the tip inner diameter as they folded the tip metal over and to the inside........Another thought is to do what is called the crumb cup mod....gut your exhaust, and when you want to make it quieter find the stainless sink drains and stick them in the stainless tips or even the OEM mufflers after you cut the tips off straight...... that would give you best of both worlds......the sink drain strainers come in different sizes...have to get creative..... here is a strainer example....

Rags

P R Customz

Last edited by Rags; 10-16-2011 at 08:34 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 10:54 PM
If only it had 6th gear..

Sink drains lol, who knew. Thanks for all the info Rags. I actually really like the sound of my bike most of the time. Even towards the end of the ride today my bud's blatting pipes we're gettin' kinda old...or maybe I am , ha ha.

Dave

Mods:
Jetted, shaved & coastered
Home made under-tank single filter
Converted ACCT's to manual (thanks wib714)
Dual vac lines on petcock (my cure for ticking)
LED tail/plate lights
Relocated helmet lock to license plate

Added stuff:
Customized hard bags w/ lights
Chrome levers
Hellcat windscreen
LED running lights
Home made 'Vita-Volt' meter
Foot rests on engine guard
Tunes

Hmm....she was on the back when we left.... ??
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Banned

The strainers would probably work pretty good as they would diffuse the exhaust note and break it up.
Most bike places have baffles you can get pretty cheap and they offer different types to cater to how much sound you want to have.
Myself I'm not a fan of the slant tips either, and those pipes you have look pretty nice.
If you have some down the road, I will invest in a set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement