Do not buy anything from Slimvulcan - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Do not buy anything from Slimvulcan

I have been waiting for like almost 2 months, this guy has givin me the run around.
Been promised several times that my part would be here by a certain date.
No parts and a bunch of broken promises. Including that my part would be sent to me overnight. this was about a week ago.
He said his wife would ship it out, or that his local post office isnt shipping things...
What I find funny is that the guy said that my part was shipped like 3 weeks ago, but the post office didnt ship it out. Well if the PO didnt ship it out yet, at that point. Then shouldn't I have the stupid JB already, if it was shipped like 3 weeks ago.

I think this whole ordeal is a bunch of bull****, and I should of bought my stuff from Corbins. But He helped me try to find my problem with my bike. So I figured he made hotter boxes and he helped me out so great...

I just want my money or my ****,

Dont buy from slim, seems like a nice guy.. But you will NEVER get your parts....

Just some lame excuses...

Private Message: JB
04-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I got all your parts on order... I should have them by the end of the week. I need your shipping information.

04-18-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider
OK man, I lied... I just got all the parts in... My new relay supplier is the bomb... I should have the relays installed by tonight (that's the hard part) Just waiting on the over sized diodes to arrive tomorrow.

lol.. Glad to see you got everything.. Did you get my shipping info.. I also left it in the paypal payment.. Did you get a chance to ship this already?

thanks
anthony

04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
I got every thing in like I said, I haven't had the time to work on putting it all together yet... I hurt my eye and wasn't able to see well enough until yesterday to do any kind of work... and so yesterday I spent working on getting stuff ready for my normal job. I plan on putting together the JB tomarrow, and shipping by wednsday.

Hey no problem,
When do you think this will ship out??
been like 2 weeks now..
thanks
Anthony

sorry man, thought i sent you a message last night...plan on shipping it out tomarrow

05-07-2010, 08:59 PM

Sorry man, somethings been wrong with my net... I can answer threads on my cell phone, but been having problems replying via PM... I am not sure where your JB is, I sent it last Monday when I confirmed your Zip... Its not just you... I sent out another one the same day, and the guy never received it... I have two more built up that I am shipping out tomorrow... one to you and one to the other guy... this time I am mailing from a regular PO and not from the damn Fort Drum Post office... It seams they ship out mail from Drum when ever is convenient for them. I am sorry for the delay. and I also will reimburse you 50% for your troubles.

05-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Re: JB

Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider

Yes I can ship overnight... I missed todays shipping though, so I will have the wife send it off monday.

There is a ton more to this long ass SAGA, but ill spare you...

93' Vulcan 750

EarShave & Rejett

Your Electronic Music connection

"I dont ride fast. I FLY Low!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 03:50 PM
On His Lady Vulcan

Hmmmmm

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to KIMMERLING
Well. The only reason i am posting on this is that I believe that I am the "other guy" he spoke of that didn't receive mine as well. That part is surely true. Therefore, even though it has taken a long time for the both of us..I have no real reason to think I am being deceived on multiple levels.
1. He is an incredible contributor to this forum.
2. He is Active Duty Army Combat Vet(which i respect for integrity and stedfastness)
3. When he does stuff, he does it with overkill that would outlast anything anyone else makes.
4. IMHO history is the greatest predictor of future events. He has kick ass history.

I have learned on this forum and at the stealership that there is always a chance of getting screwed. I don't believe we will be screwed on this one but if it is so, let it be from one of our own.

2011 Suzuki VSTROM DL650 with ABS Purchased Jan 28 now with 39,000miles WRECKED JAN 12 ,2013
"To strive, to seek, to find, not to yield."
05 Vulcan 750 26,050miles *Traded in*
Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Givi windshield/Heated grips
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
Pat Walsh Crash bars skid plate
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender
Aquarium thermometer with forward probe mount
Admore LED Lighting/Givi E36N panniers

Last edited by KIMMERLING; 05-16-2010 at 06:22 AM. Reason: oops

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

I understand on that level, and totally don't think hes going to "jack" somebody.

But the level of communication is crap.
I have been dealing with this for a while now. And he says hes going to ship "the next day" I have heard that for quite some time now.

Its a matter of
"i will ship this tomorrow to you, overnight" on a Sunday meaning Monday its going to be shipped. Expecting it on Tuesday.
Well Tuesday comes and goes, I ask him whats going on, he says " I will ship this tomorrow overnight" That was Wed. Its Saturday now.
NO WORD NO UPDATE NO TRACKING NUMBER.

I could really give 2 craps about if hes active duty or how much he contributes.
Thats all fine and dandy..... The guy seems really cool on a personal level too.

But really, I just want my parts or an update from him... WITHOUT me having to say "hey slim whats going on"

I really dont want to blast the guy but I really feel Im getting the run around here.
This transaction has taken 2 months instead of the 2 weeks he said I would have it in my hands... My situation is my bike is stored and I need to get it out of where its at... So Im waiting on these parts to get this thing mooving...

I understand things happen to delay situations so thats why I let it go this far in time frame... So its not like im being un-reasonable here....

Im gald there are contributors to this forum like him. Im also glad he has helped me with figuring out what is wrong with my bike.

But honestly... Im left here high and dry, not knowing whats going on thats all..

Sorry Slim but I just feel dragged along here not knowing whats up...

I may be new to this forum. I also dont know him and you all dont know me...
So Id rather post this in case others have the same issue as I do.

once again sorry if im causing a stir on here and in a way sorry to slim that I have to do this but yeah...

Im just waiting. lol

93' Vulcan 750

EarShave & Rejett

post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Really now that I think of it,, I just need to vent!!! i still want my stuff, but just need to vent... Sorry to yall for causing a ruckus.

93' Vulcan 750

EarShave & Rejett

post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Linkmeister Supreme

Sorry about the delay in you getting the JB mpulse, but I too, think slim is a standup guy, and you will get your new and improved electronics. Nobody can fault you for a rant when a part takes this long to come either. I am sure slim will get it out to you asap.

You don`t have a location on your posts. Where are you? Maybe someone nearby has a spare JB you can borrow until slim`s arrives.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 06:10 AM
The Reanimater

Not to get in the Middle BUT.......If all you need to get your bike going is a J/B Box then just slap a Standard one and hit the road! Until He's got it Ready for You.

From all the posts I read what your waiting for from Slim has to be Built by Him. If you can't wait long enough for him to get it built, tested, & make sure it's going stand up before he sends it to you then you should of never ordered one from Him.

I use to work in an Electronics Repair shop & Everytime the Phone would ring & the Tech answered it. You'd hear him say.

"Hello"
"No, But like we said before we'll give you a call as soon as it's done"
"Well I don't know now, We would of had it done about an hour Ago but We keep having to Stop & Answer the phone to Tell people that we will Call them as soon as their's is Done"
"Yes Just as Soon"
"Bye"

Your Lucky that Slim has Patience. I know some Ele-Techs....You started complaining was taking too long,
You'd get a box of Parts in the Mail with a Note telling you ,That if Your in that big a hurry build it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpulse View Post
I understand on that level, and totally don't think hes going to "jack" somebody.

I could really give 2 craps about if hes active duty or how much he contributes.
Thats all fine and dandy..... The guy seems really cool on a personal level too.

But really, I just want my parts or an update from him... WITHOUT me having to say "hey slim whats going on"

I really dont want to blast the guy but I really feel Im getting the run around here.
This transaction has taken 2 months instead of the 2 weeks he said I would have it in my hands... My situation is my bike is stored and I need to get it out of where its at... So Im waiting on these parts to get this thing mooving...

once again sorry if im causing a stir on here and in a way sorry to slim that I have to do this but yeah...

Im just waiting. lol

JaY

"Veronica"
2002 VN750 Vulcan
Rebuilt Engine
ACCTs lubed w/TOC Springs
Pick-up Coils Gapped at .018"
Splines Lubed
Deka MF AGM EXT15L Battery
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs
R/R Relocation Fix
New Rear Rack
Stock Seat Repadded
Ext-BackRest
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 06:52 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to KIMMERLING
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthill524 View Post
Not to get in the Middle BUT.......If all you need to get your bike going is a J/B Box then just slap a Standard one and hit the road! Until He's got it Ready for You.

From all the posts I read what your waiting for from Slim has to be Built by Him. If you can't wait long enough for him to get it built, tested, & make sure it's going stand up before he sends it to you then you should of never ordered one from Him.

I use to work in an Electronics Repair shop & Everytime the Phone would ring & the Tech answered it. You'd hear him say.

"Hello"
"No, But like we said before we'll give you a call as soon as it's done"
"Well I don't know now, We would of had it done about an hour Ago but We keep having to Stop & Answer the phone to Tell people that we will Call them as soon as their's is Done"
"Yes Just as Soon"
"Bye"

Your Lucky that Slim has Patience. I know some Ele-Techs....You started complaining was taking too long,
You'd get a box of Parts in the Mail with a Note telling you ,That if Your in that big a hurry build it yourself.
I went through a brief moment of worry when I didn't receive the JB when I wanted or when it was expected. Then something came over me ..like a peace about this. I realized that this motorcycle thing was a gift and that having an upgraded JB was a blessing. I then realized that the fun of this forum and riding in general was in the JOURNEY. Maybe I am not supposed to have it when i want it. Thats the process that i go through constantly with the bike...always something cooler, new, and challenging. This can be applied to my riding skills as well. I am at peace with or without the JB. I must have MU SHIN or "no mind".

2011 Suzuki VSTROM DL650 with ABS Purchased Jan 28 now with 39,000miles WRECKED JAN 12 ,2013
"To strive, to seek, to find, not to yield."
05 Vulcan 750 26,050miles *Traded in*
Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Givi windshield/Heated grips
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
Pat Walsh Crash bars skid plate
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender
Aquarium thermometer with forward probe mount
Admore LED Lighting/Givi E36N panniers
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

@jthill524 I understand what your saying, but the thing is built already.... Its a matter of just getting to me. being actually brought down to the PO. I know he said this has been done already. And I understand if USPS screws up, especially if you live in a small town...

But my point here is. Since last week ive been promised a shipment overnight. He was nice and offered my parts at half price, so i asked him to ship them to me overnight instead. he said that's fine...

Its been over a week, and i haven't heard anything.

Even after a PM, this post and a paypal dispute. I have heard nothing..
Other than... "Ill have my wife put it in the mail on sat, oops it didnt go out. ill have it go out on monday, oops it never left ill have it in the mail on wed...

This is the kinda crap I don't like.

Its all good if it takes longer than expected to make. But its made it just needs to get in the mail to get to me...
Once again I dont want to cause a stir and I feel in a way a little childish writing this post. But this is the real truth and im sure anyone else on the receiving end would totally feel the same.

@KIMMERLING I had that peace about a month ago... now im getting crap to get my bike out of where its at, and the wife is pissed off cause she told me to go to the dealer. So I hear this everyday.. I also don't have another means of transportation and im moving next week, so that address will not be valid anymore. Not to mention I need to take my kid to school a 30min drive away. and im pretty screwed.
If this would have taken a month or so that's fine even 2 months just get it in my hands so i can use my transportation for what I need it for that's all.

@OlHossCanada thanks for the understanding.... im in Las Vgeas btw

93' Vulcan 750

EarShave & Rejett

Last edited by mpulse; 05-16-2010 at 08:23 AM. Reason: spelling
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 07:12 PM

I think this is simpler than everyone's making it: Mpulse paid for a product he didn't receive. Slim, use Paypal to give him back his money. I use the Post Office online shipping service and they will provide a tracking number - Slim, give that a shot. Once mpulse knows his jbox is really in the mail, he can pay you again by Paypal.

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread