Need Stock Exhaust and/or Parts - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Need Stock Exhaust and/or Parts

I still need the left side chrome heat shield (1986-2006 will work I believe) and/or left side muffler (1987-2006 will work I believe) to fit 2004 Vulcan 750. I am willing to pay a fair cash price. If you have swapped out your stock exhaust for aftermarket pipes, please contact me. If necessary I will buy complete exhaust in the event you don't want to split it up. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Bat
Bat

I saw a left side muffler for sale on ebay for $86, I think. that was a couple days ago, but it may still be there...I was looking for stock mufflers for 2005 Vn750 and stumbled on it...don't have the link, sorry, but good luck, Peerless!
Bat
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll check it out.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Bat
Bat

No, Peerless...it's the other way around...I have stock-looking pipes with no baffles and a straight extention pipe...sounds very loud and obnoxious.
I was looking for stock pipes, but have gone ahead and bought them, expensive though they may be...it's worth it to me to be able to conserve my hearing and feel the bike.
I wish you luck...I still think I saw left muffler, either on ebay or perhaps it was Yahoo... I've been so many places I really don't remember. The guy was parting out his 2005 V750...
Good Luck!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Bat
Bat

I wish you luck...I still think I saw left muffler, either on ebay or perhaps it was Yahoo... I've been so many places I really don't remember. The guy was parting out his 2005 V750...
Good Luck!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I saw a complete system with no baffles for about $100 dollars on ebay. Considered it but wasn't sure how the "no baffles" would sound. I have found the heat shield, thank you niterider; hopefully, I can make the tip I have work with a little welding on the flange. Thanks again, JW
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Bat
Bat

I can tell you the 'no baffles' sound is raw, blatty and LOUD! In order for it to sound like you want it to sound, I think a little aftermarket baffling will mellow things out to a lower sounding tone without destroying the effect...still loud, but not ear hurting like an engine with no pipes at all, which is what mine sounds like now...pretty ugly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement