i need a bigger bike, anyone need a truck? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

i need a bigger bike, anyone need a truck?

well, i posted in the newbie area that i might be getting a VN750 but the deal fell through so im gonna throw this up here and see if anyone is interested. I know this isnt a chevy pickup website but im trying to trade for a vulcan so hopefully the mods let this fly.

Sorry if this is too long but i cant post a link to my craigslist ad because i dont have 5 posts yet so here it is unabridged:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up for sale is a 1986 GMC Sierra. It has a small block chevy with a few bolt ons and a 700R4 automatic overdrive transmission. The interior is fantastic and the exterior is decent for a driver. It has some rust in the usual spots over the rear wheel wells and the rocker panels. It has a like new aluminum toolbox and a bed liner. It is a very reliable truck (was my daily driver till the plates ran out) and has made 2 trips to colorado. The trans does not slip and shifts strong as it should. The U joints, front shock absorbers, brakes on all 4 corners, passenger side fuel tank, and electronic fuel pump have all been replaced this year. Three of the tires are in great condition. The 4th isnt bad but will need to be replaced before the snow falls. It has 1995 GMC aluminum wheels on it, upgraded last year. It also has a sliding rear window. It has power locks and they work well. The windows are manual and work as they should. Overall this is a great driver, if you have any body repair experience this truck could be fantastic. It doesnt have any dents, just the usual rust for a truck this old. I have a clean Illinois title in hand.

The bolt ons are as follows:
-edelbrock 650 carb
-Weiand aluminum intake
-Accel high output distributor w/ HEI coil
-Hooker Super Comp full length headers
-True dual exhaust 2.5"
-2 Flowmaster super 40 series mufflers

I am selling this truck to buy a motorcycle. If you have a bike you would like to trade i will entertain offers. Keep in mind i am 6'1" 250lbs so dont offer me and scooters or anything under 400cc's. I ride a 454LTD and its about the smallest bike id be willing to trade for. I will trade even up for a nice bike, or maybe trade down + cash on your part but i wont add cash + my truck for your bike so dont ask. If you want to pay cash its 2500 and im willing to negotiate a bit.

Call Ian at 815-526-2773 and throw some offers around, worst that can happen is i say no. Im 45 minutes south if Chicago, but i'll travel a bit for the right deal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

my craigslist ad has pics but i cant upload them here so lemme know if your interested and ill email you whatever you want.

Thanks
Ian

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/1316333986.html

Last edited by ian1320; 08-12-2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: here is the ad with pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

I'll trade you my Honda cm400t for your Kawasaki 454tld!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
I'll trade you my Honda cm400t for your Kawasaki 454tld!
i thought about getting rid of the little 454 but i like it too much, its a great commuter around town. I need a bigger bike for the longer rides though. The 454 really gives my kidneys a workout after a couple hours.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Old Truck Junkie

If we lived in the same nation we might have a trade. I am way down here in Texas.

02 honda sabre 1100
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian1320 View Post
i thought about getting rid of the little 454 but i like it too much, its a great commuter around town. I need a bigger bike for the longer rides though. The 454 really gives my kidneys a workout after a couple hours.
yeah, I wouldn't make that trade either! but I have ridden my Honda cm400t from here (Cleveland) to Hocking Hills and back! I've also done that ride with my wife's Vulcan 500. the ride was much better with the Vulcan 500. I have yet to do this ride on my Vulcan 750!

anyways, good luck to ya.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
If we lived in the same nation we might have a trade. I am way down here in Texas.
yeah, i actually lived in the "lone star nation" for 10 years or so. im sure there are nicer trucks near you for less, this is afterall a midwest truck. its in decent shape for the area but you southerners dont have salt to contend with.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Old Truck Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian1320 View Post
yeah, i actually lived in the "lone star nation" for 10 years or so. im sure there are nicer trucks near you for less, this is afterall a midwest truck. its in decent shape for the area but you southerners dont have salt to contend with.
I did not think of that. I have migrated up north during summer, but I have never lived up there.
Don't understand how anyone can stand that type of cold.

02 honda sabre 1100
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:38 PM
On His Lady Vulcan

No, they have Steers and Queers to contend with

Couldn't resist

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkrizan View Post
No, they have Steers and Queers to contend with

Couldn't resist

you left out the part about the horns......
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/1316333986.html

the original ad with a couple pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement