I Dunno, Would You Make The Trade? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
On His Lady Vulcan

I Dunno, Would You Make The Trade?

I am so thinking about it, just dunno. God I love the Springer Front End. My Vulcan for this?????

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/1196088073.html

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 03:03 AM
The Professor

Doesn't sound good, dropping the price $1500.00 because he lost the keys. That's a BIG RED FLAG, buyer beware.

85 VN700 "Old Yella"

REBUILT ENGINE
CUSTOM PAINT
VANCE & HINES CRUZERS
EAR SHAVED AND RE-JETTED W/K&N'S
DUNLOP ELITE K591 FRONT & REAR
VOLTMETER
SYNTHETIC BRAKE FLUID
SYNTHETIC OIL & GEAR LUBE
PLEXISTAR 2 WINDSHIELD
SPLINES LUBED
ACCT'S GREASED W/TOC SPRINGS
COASTERD
LEATHER SADDLE BAGS
LEATHER TOOL AND ROLL BAG
PICKUP COILS GAPPED AT .018"
NGK CAP, WIRES, IRIDUMS
BARNETT FRICTION PLATES & SPRINGS
CUSTOM GRIPS, MIRRORS, LEVERS
ORIGINAL STATOR & R/R 14.5v
DEKA MF AGM ETX15L

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Dunno either bro....aside from the ignition switch/key issue, it sounds like you're going to need to spend some time with it in the garage before you can ride it....

However, there is the unexplainable labor of love bikes some people know very well, (email me about my Interceptor-LOL) and other people can't possibly understand; the bike you just gotta have and damn all the logic and sound reason.

The ideal fantasy would be to keep the Vulcan and buy that old Kaw but that's another discussion, and since this is about a trade ask yourself honestly how you feel about your 750, and if you're willing to put the time into that 900. (I'd suggest talking to your wife too, as they seem to take these things alot better when it's not a surprise).

If you could go see it, hear it, check it out etc, that might help you make a decision too. Sometimes the ad is missing important info that you don't find out about until you get there.

Either way, let us know what happens.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 08:02 AM

I think its a really cool bike but I would at least have to hear it turn over. If you like working on things it might be good for you if not go the other way. I can say one thing it will deffinately fly if you get it running right them are some strong motors.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
On His Lady Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance328 View Post
Doesn't sound good, dropping the price $1500.00 because he lost the keys. That's a BIG RED FLAG, buyer beware.
OH I'll beware. Its not something that I'll jump into without some serious caution. Double checking vin#'s with title and bike, ect. As for him dropping the price $1500 I am not sure where you got that figure, in the ad it stated the spent $4200 to get it 5 years ago and would sell it for 3K maybe a little less due to the key issue. Thats all besides the point, thanks for your concerns and the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Doug View Post
Dunno either bro....aside from the ignition switch/key issue, it sounds like you're going to need to spend some time with it in the garage before you can ride it....

However, there is the unexplainable labor of love bikes some people know very well, (email me about my Interceptor-LOL) and other people can't possibly understand; the bike you just gotta have and damn all the logic and sound reason.

The ideal fantasy would be to keep the Vulcan and buy that old Kaw but that's another discussion, and since this is about a trade ask yourself honestly how you feel about your 750, and if you're willing to put the time into that 900. (I'd suggest talking to your wife too, as they seem to take these things alot better when it's not a surprise).

If you could go see it, hear it, check it out etc, that might help you make a decision too. Sometimes the ad is missing important info that you don't find out about until you get there.

Either way, let us know what happens.
The ignition key issue is $30 and a 10minute fix time soooo....(Shrugs). Ahhh Labor of love...yes yes yes...You know how you feel about 80's style bikes? Well with me its like that but x10 with the 70's style choppers. Idealy I would want both bikes yes, but with paying the EX an large amount of cash in child support every month and current bills well needless to say its hard to save...LOL. If and WHEN I go check out this bike I'll ask politely if he wouldnt mind if I dump some sea foam into that cool ass coffin tank and hotwire it to hear it turn over if not start and do all the standard test on a new purchase of an old ride. As for how I feel about the Vulcan, well I am at an impass with her, fun as hell to ride but I feel cramped on her riding around town with my 6'0" frame, on the hwy's it isn't as bad do to I can kick my feet up onto my hwy pegs. A huge reason that I sought your alls imput on this. Oh and the wife already knows my desire and inquiry about this....She just shrugged...LOL. Thanks Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Vmax View Post
I think its a really cool bike but I would at least have to hear it turn over. If you like working on things it might be good for you if not go the other way. I can say one thing it will deffinately fly if you get it running right them are some strong motors.
Ooooh I do love working on bikes, I could be in the garage for hours with my ride and it seems like just a few minutes to me, so getting greasy isn't whats holding me back, whats holding me back is that I do like the Vulcan and really dont wanna give her up but....... A 70's style chopper with a springer front end....arg arg arg arg arg arg arg...LOL

Peace

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"

Last edited by wkrizan; 05-30-2009 at 11:26 AM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
On His Lady Vulcan

Well I just got back from looking over that Chopper. She is a beauty for sure, small issues with it of course but nothing that I couldn't handle. Like the egnition switch missing the keys (big deal $30 and 10min and I'm golden) When I sat on it and looked down, DAMN, with that small Coffin tank on it, its ALL MOTOR. Compression checked out OK 96# on all holes useing the kick start YES ITS ELECTRIC AND KICK...WOOOHOOO!!! I was a bit surprised though when I first laid eyes on it, its not a springer front end at all, like he said it was, its a Girder front end, pretty cool. The big dummy doesnt know what he's got. The Frame is an Amen like he states but was confused about it cause someone said that it was a Sante, well its not a Sante its an Amen. Speedo cable is missing cause he cant find one long enough...LOL... and the Tach isn't fuctioning (big Whoop). I didn't make the trade as of yet cause I want a riding partner of mine that knows his **** to come take a peek at it with me when he's available (which isn't till next week...sobs...sniff sniff). He really like the Vulcan and was curious as to why I would trade it, I looked him in the eye and asked "Why would you trade? More of each others style I suppose." The biggest negative that I had with the bike was the shifter and rear brake location, even worse than the Vulcan's. The thing that I like most about it (besides the Girder and big motor)was its dual disc brakes, front and rear, great stopping power there. So now I figget till Joe can get down there with me to take a peek at it and give me his approval.....GOOD GAWD!!!!

Peace

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 06:58 PM
The Reanimater

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkrizan View Post
A 70's style chopper with a springer front end....arg arg arg arg arg arg arg...LOL

Peace
No, this is a 70's Chopper...........

I'm not sure what that is on Craigslist.

JaY

"Veronica"
2002 VN750 Vulcan
Rebuilt Engine
ACCTs lubed w/TOC Springs
Pick-up Coils Gapped at .018"
Splines Lubed
Deka MF AGM EXT15L Battery
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs
R/R Relocation Fix
New Rear Rack
Stock Seat Repadded
Ext-BackRest
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
On His Lady Vulcan

Good Grief

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 08:33 PM

This looks just like the bike I was trying to build back in the seventies when you could practicly mail order every thing except the engine.All you needed was the cataloge,enough plastic,and a dry place to build the thing.Oh, and mayby a six year back issue collection of Chris Bunch's editorials and building articles from Choppers magazine to encourage you to try to build your own. I think you'd get the better deal assuming that all the parts are in good shape.It's got to be a 35 year old machine so look for wear.If it weren't so far away I'd trade my 86 in a flash.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
On His Lady Vulcan

OH MY F'en GAWD!!! If it wasn't for bad luck I am sure I wouldn't have any luck at all just kick me will you

He traded it for a stuiped suzuki.

I just called him back to make the deal and

Oh Well

Pictures of the "Ladies"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement