Harley pipes - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Harley pipes

I have 2 sets of stock slip on pipes one set is off a 2007 sportster & the other set is off a softtail the softtail pipes have had some drilling on the baffles 30 bucks a set if any one has a use for them there both in great shape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Newb with a Bullet!

Very interested and get paid at midnight!

I take it either of these would bolt on to the stock pipes on the VN750, replacing the OEM muffler, right?

Have any pics so I can see which I like better? Will I need to create some sort of bracket to mount them?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krebsne View Post
Very interested and get paid at midnight!

I take it either of these would bolt on to the stock pipes on the VN750, replacing the OEM muffler, right?

Have any pics so I can see which I like better? Will I need to create some sort of bracket to mount them?
same here i was wondering the same thing?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

I believe I saw a post around here about some one putting Harley pipes on there bike to be honest I have not tried it so I am not sure. I just know some people like trying new things so I figured I would throw it out there. The pipes are at my buddys house right now we took them off his bikes Sunday I will get him to send me some pics of them they both look the same except the softtail pipes are about 2 inches longer.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Newb with a Bullet!

I am probably more interested in the shorter set. If you could also get him to measure the diameter, that will tell me what I need to know. Thanks!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

No problem I will get the measurments from him it will probably be tomorrow though unless he checks his email tonight.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Newb with a Bullet!

No problems. Whenever is fine.

Also, if anyone can use these Honda Valkyrie tips I have in my garage which I bought for the same reason let me know. They are for sale or trade. They are too big to make use of on the VN750 unless you're more clever than I. Maybe you know more than I do or maybe you have a different bike to put them on.

Last edited by krebsne; 05-28-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Trying to get pic to show.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 05:40 PM

Krebsne, Are you saying that those pipes fit a vn750? And if so you must have to make some kinda hard wear to make them fit rite?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Newb with a Bullet!

No, I'm saying I could NOT make them fit. My bike was at a friends getting ear shaved when I bought them and just took a chance. Turns out they are way too big in diameter unless well you know something I don't know about joining metal. I would think someone would have better luck using them an a different bike. My understanding is that other Vulcans will take them and that it's a common mod. Valkyrie riders often buy aftermarket pipes and the stock tips are frequently placed on other bikes.

I took a chance they might work on the VN750. I couldn't do it.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 AM

hey i'm interested in them as well if one of the other guys doesn't take one of the sets just let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement