1994 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (VN750), LOW MILES, MANY EXTRAS - $2450 obo - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

1994 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (VN750), LOW MILES, MANY EXTRAS - $2450 obo

[Posting this to VN750.com is kinda like selling frozen fish to Eskimos, but at least I can skip the blurbage summarizing the bike's specs and whatnot.]

I bought this bike last year used (I'm at least the 4th owner) from someone who had not ridden it very much in the previous 2-3 years, and took care of most of the "old bike" maintenance: aside from the routine oil/filter/brake fluid changes, I also got brand new tires and brake pads, and put in Iridium spark plugs, K&N performance air filters and a new maintenance-free battery (with leads for a battery tender). I also changed the bulbs in the speedo and tach, which were getting dim.

I've outfitted it for long distance riding with the following accessories, totaling over $800 in cost (not including installation):
  • National Cycle windscreen (Deflector DX) - easy to remove/put back on
  • BrakeAway throttle locking system - linked to the brakes and automatically disengages if you use either one
  • Symtec heated hand grips - a three-stage electric heater (Hi/Lo/Off) under the hand grips
  • Kuryakyn ISO handlebar grips - Thicker than the stock ones, which feel like they came off of a Schwinn bicycle. (Stock grips included)
  • A pair of Stebel TM80 air horns - These WLL be heard through SUV doors with the windows shut and a radio jacked up!
  • Kawasaki OEM chrome luggage rack and black leather rack bag (see pictures)
  • Farkles: metal grill cover, OEM engine guard and chrome headlight visor, aftermarket mirrors (stock mirrors included).

So if I did all this, why am I selling it after one year? Because I like it so much I got a newer one! (A 2004 VN750 I found with only 550 miles on it!)

As I said, the bike is in good condition with low miles for its age (27,500 miles is more typical of a bike about 7-8 years old), and it's been my nearly daily rider for a year. However it is not new, and I am not its first or second or even third owner, so here are my disclaimers:
  • I have not dropped this bike, but I'd bet it's been dropped in its past, at least in a parking lot. There are scratches on the right side exhaust.
  • There are some dents on the top of the front wheel fender, because for a while I had a fork bag with metal tools in it that kept sliding down the forks and hitting the fender as I went over bumps.
  • Which reminds me, the fork springs (front end shocks) need to be replaced (about $100 cost). They were already rather soft when I got the bike and after 3,000+ more miles, many of them in the city, they feel noticeably "squishy".

Below are pics of the bike, from the front and the rear. I pretty much never wash my bike, so it looks kinda dingy. Nothing some soap, water and maybe wax wouldn't fix though.

I have a clear title for immediate transfer, and can show the bike by appointment weeknight evenings, or ride it in to work in Midtown Manhattan any weekday (parking it in the street near 52nd and Park Ave.).

Thanks for looking!

Pics:

Front view -

Rear view -

"Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea." (Despair.com)

Last edited by robardin; 05-01-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Simple Solutions

Send a message via MSN to seebeeare Send a message via Yahoo to seebeeare
wheres pics of the new scoot?

Stator #3
MF AGM
DeGoated
Ears Shaved
R/R relocated
Rebuilt

She's worth her weight in GOLD
If u dont have it already Here is the Service Manual
How To Test the Stator
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 11:53 AM

Very nice looking bike. How'd you get the Symtec heated handgrips to work without blowing the electrical system?

C

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 12:03 PM

maybe he has a Deep cycle marine battery in that huge ass luggage bag on back???

Sold 750 (9-09)
Bought '07 900 Classic "LT" (6-09)
Mustand Seat (6-09)
Balanced Carbs (4-09)
Adjusted Mix Screws (4-09)
Drilled Baffles 8 holes (4-09)
R/R Relocated (3-09)
Splines Lubed (3-09)
Metzelers ME880 170/80 in back 100/90 in front (3-09)
Painted flat blak (3-09)
Kuri grips (8-08)
Kuri Longhorn pegs (8-08)
Iridium Plugs (8-08)
Highway bar/ engine guard(FS)
Some saddlebags no idea which ones
Facebook group Vulcan 750 Riders (Invite Only Group)
Facebook ID Eli Gaffke
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeeare View Post
wheres pics of the new scoot?
Still working on it. Gotta put a windshield on her and put hi-vis pinstripes on.

"Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea." (Despair.com)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobins365 View Post
Very nice looking bike. How'd you get the Symtec heated handgrips to work without blowing the electrical system?
The Big Crank battery I dropped in seems to hold up fine. I never use it on the HI setting, it's too hot anyway, and the LO setting may draw low enough power that it's not a problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement