Swing Arm Cap - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
At Least I Can Spell!

Swing Arm Cap

I lost a swing arm cap. Shipping costs more than the part buying new from either RonAyers or Cheapcycleparts. For godsake it will fit in an envelope and go first class maiil for 59 cents! (same thing for the damn exhaust gaskets) what a f&%king ripoff.

Anyone got a cap in good shape they can spare?

Michael
2002 Nomad 1500
VROC #29972

----------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 02:34 PM
On His Lady Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh1156 View Post

Anyone got a cap in good shape they can spare?

You can also pick 1 up up your local Kawi dealer and save shipping cost due to they place orders daily. I am thinking they charged me like $12 or so.

"You came out of your mom looking like SHlT. She thought you were beautiful. Don't know what scared me most, your looks or her judgment."

Pictures of the "Ladies"
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 04:16 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh1156 View Post
I lost a swing arm cap. Shipping costs more than the part buying new from either RonAyers or Cheapcycleparts. For godsake it will fit in an envelope and go first class maiil for 59 cents! (same thing for the damn exhaust gaskets) what a f&%king ripoff.
I just go to the Hardley dealer for the crush gaskets. Some say they're too small, but mine have been working just fine for nearly two years now. $8 or $9 for two.

As for the caps, yeah, your probably best off finding someone here parting out a bike (that hasn't also lost the caps!)
Another option is...... a lot of parts store sell 'emergency mirror replacement kits' for car side view mirrors. These are thin plastic sheets with a (nearly) mirror finish. Easy to trim to size with scissors to fit completely inside or on the outside lip of the openings of the swing arm. A few dabs of silicone and you're good to go. And if ya lose one of them, ya still have plenty of material to make more.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Undercover Sportbiker

I have 2 sets form a couple project bikes that are not Vulcans but they're Kawis. I'll check them on my Vulcan frame tonight and get back to you on if they fit.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:22 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

My better half has a Harley, go easy on her she used to own my Vulcan and gave her to me when she bought her Sportster. Anyway, while on the Harley Dealer web site last night they posted an add on the front page that said they have heard us and lowered their oil change from $125 to $70! And you thought a plastic, shiny cap was expensive!

The Flag on my bike honors those who serve our Country and those who have served!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
At Least I Can Spell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhusn View Post
the Harley Dealer web site last night they posted an add on the front page that said they have heard us and lowered their oil change from $125 to $70! And you thought a plastic, shiny cap was expensive!
Well Cliff, I would have to think that wasn't relevant since her better half would be changing her oil for her and she'd not be going to the dealer, right?

Michael
2002 Nomad 1500
VROC #29972

----------------------
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:38 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

She's way to smart to be sucked in by the Harley shop; I'll be doing the oil I just thought it was outrageous that Harley riders actually paid $125 and now they are getting a bargain at $70? I should post an add on craigslist for Harley owners, I'll put high compression air in their tires for only $80, both wheels.

The Flag on my bike honors those who serve our Country and those who have served!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 07:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to cglennon
Don't forget to use some silicone on the replacements, when you get them. I read that tip on this forum last year, check mine at the time and sure enough, they popped off little resistance. Siliconed in place now as well as a dab on the trunk lock (heard that falls off too).

Chris Glennon - Portland, OR
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 10:07 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglennon View Post
Don't forget to use some silicone on the replacements, when you get them. I read that tip on this forum last year, check mine at the time and sure enough, they popped off little resistance. Siliconed in place now as well as a dab on the trunk lock (heard that falls off too).
Ahhh, you learn well, Grasshopper!! LOL

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 04:43 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperbuzzin View Post
I just go to the Hardley dealer for the crush gaskets. Some say they're too small, but mine have been working just fine for nearly two years now. $8 or $9 for two.
Same here.

And when you find & buy that cap don't tempt Murphy by buying only one, otherwise, sure as ****, the other side will pop off soon after installing the new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement