Garage cleaning - Chicago Suburbs... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2020, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
Garage cleaning - Chicago Suburbs...

Cleaning the garage for a hopeful departure from the communist state of Illinois and I seem to have a bunch of miscellaneous VN750 parts. Most of them are probably just little do-dads but there are a couple of fenders and other tidbits. If anyone is in my neck of the woods (Crystal Lake, IL) and is looking to become the keeper of these little treasures, I'd appreciate a reply. Hell, might even be willing to part with the 1990 VN750 that a lot of these mods were experimented on "back in the day". She hasn't been started in many years but should be able to be roadworthy with a few hours of TLC. I've just been too busy the past decade to work on bikes other than my daily rider.

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 55,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 12:57 PM

Iím from Cedar Rapids Iowa. How close are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'08 Road King Classic
'86 VN750:
Ear Shave, K&N Filters, Mean Streak Seat, AGM battery, Blue Wire Mod, Pick-up Coil Mod, Timing Advance Mod, NGK Iridium Plugs and Wire, LEDs, Bed Liner Paint Job, Over-sized Tires, New Brakes, New Fork Seals, Progressive Springs, Kick Stand Mod, Highway Pegs, 40/140 No Shims, Vance & Hines Exhaust, New Grips, Extra Wide Emgo Handle Bars
John 8:44, REV 2:9, REV 3:9 - If you were kicked out of 109 bars, would you think the problem was you, or the 109 bars?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Growling at the World...

Crystal Lake, IL

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2020, 11:18 AM

Garage
I'm in Dekalb!
What do you have?

I'm specifically looking for a heat shield, as I cracked one (left side I believe).
But I'd be curious what else you have.

'89 VN750 Bought stock 4/12/18 @ 17805.9 miles $800. Wrecked once. 27454.5+ miles

Completed modifications:
Removed mufflers, straight pipes out of GB. 110/90 Front Tire. Pick-up coil mod. Shindengen MOSFET FH020AA r/r. USB Outlet + Voltmeter. Repainted Metallic Blue w/ new tank bages. Ear Shave (wo/ coasters) 40/140 NO shims 45MPG. MCCT conversion.

Planned modifications:
Custom LED turn signals. Windshield. Highway Pegs. (Possible) ignition adv. Tuxedo Mod. Ignition coil mod.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2020, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Growling at the World...

Full OEM (drilled) exhaust system
Starter with rebuild kit
couple of rear fenders
oem seat
boxes and boxes of misc parts from the engine and power train
whole bunch of other stuff

Right now I'm recovering from surgery, so I'm not going to document the parts but as I get time I'll be trying to get a better accounting. I just don't want to throw this stuff away but at the same time I want these to go to someone who might have use for them.

I also have a non-running historic VN750 that I could be convinced to part with if the right person wants it. I want this bike to be restored to it's former glory and not sitting in a garage or broken up for parts. I'm open to offers.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2020, 03:26 PM

Garage
As much as I'd love a 2nd VN750 (I LOVE this bike), I'm pretty sure I'd have to choose between that and my wife.
I still love her more, so I will have to pass on the bike. I'll ask my dad if he wants a project bike though.

I'm not sure if you're talking about one bike or two.
Is the "non-running historic VN750" the same bike as the "the 1990 VN750"?

Lastly, I was mistaken before, I need the right side heat shield.

'89 VN750 Bought stock 4/12/18 @ 17805.9 miles $800. Wrecked once. 27454.5+ miles

Completed modifications:
Removed mufflers, straight pipes out of GB. 110/90 Front Tire. Pick-up coil mod. Shindengen MOSFET FH020AA r/r. USB Outlet + Voltmeter. Repainted Metallic Blue w/ new tank bages. Ear Shave (wo/ coasters) 40/140 NO shims 45MPG. MCCT conversion.

Planned modifications:
Custom LED turn signals. Windshield. Highway Pegs. (Possible) ignition adv. Tuxedo Mod. Ignition coil mod.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2020, 03:49 PM

Whatís historic about a 1990 750? I would be potentially interested in a project, if it was the right price.

'08 Road King Classic
'86 VN750:
Ear Shave, K&N Filters, Mean Streak Seat, AGM battery, Blue Wire Mod, Pick-up Coil Mod, Timing Advance Mod, NGK Iridium Plugs and Wire, LEDs, Bed Liner Paint Job, Over-sized Tires, New Brakes, New Fork Seals, Progressive Springs, Kick Stand Mod, Highway Pegs, 40/140 No Shims, Vance & Hines Exhaust, New Grips, Extra Wide Emgo Handle Bars
John 8:44, REV 2:9, REV 3:9 - If you were kicked out of 109 bars, would you think the problem was you, or the 109 bars?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 12:07 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
Sad that you are leaving instead of staying and fighting with us Bulldog. I've made "friends" with our state rep in past few years. last election he didn't even have anyone runnig against him so he got into office again. Wrote long letter to IL repub party as to why thy didn't put anyone forward. I was even researching what it takes to run for that office...
But I understand if you want to leave - life is to short to waste on BS like that.

at any rate, do you still have that VN? mind if i stop by to take a look?

BTW, thanks again for that shaft coupler back then

Ride Safe

Anton.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 12:33 PM

I think he is mia. He never responded back to my message or post

'08 Road King Classic
'86 VN750:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement