86 VN750 rubber headlight vibration dampers - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

86 VN750 rubber headlight vibration dampers

Anyone know where I can get a set of the rubber round dampers, located on each side of headlight for an 86 VN750? Mine work, but are dry rotting. Good time to get them before they decide to fall apart. Thanks for any help! Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 11:31 AM

I always check ebay first, sort by lowest price + shipping.

However, I may have those. I bought a headlight shell and never got it swapped. Are the dampers in the headlight shell or the brackets?

Pretty sure I hobbled by them on the way to the air compressor last week. Now if I can hobble back and look, I will. Of course if someone else has them, that's fine, I'm damn slow about doing things right now.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockster View Post
I always check ebay first, sort by lowest price + shipping.

However, I may have those. I bought a headlight shell and never got it swapped. Are the dampers in the headlight shell or the brackets?

Pretty sure I hobbled by them on the way to the air compressor last week. Now if I can hobble back and look, I will. Of course if someone else has them, that's fine, I'm damn slow about doing things right now.
Lol I understand about being slow right now, Spockster! I found a used set on ebay with bolts for $15. Free shipping. I dont need the bolts but cant predict the future. I also found them new online, but with shipping it's almost $30. I'll go with a good used set to save the $. I'll watch the auction until I get new battery installed next week. If I lose chance, oh well, guess I gotta buy new. They are the rubber grommets that are popped into each side of headlight can. I have no issues, but one is all cracked due to dry rot. Cant overlook it!Click image for larger version

Name:	20200416_153415_1587066595258.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	47505

1986 VN750 26,000 miles
Deka AGM Battery 4-2020
All else stock, more to come thanks to VN750.com members!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 04:08 PM

Metric bolts are good to keep around, I scavenge some here and there.

There's so many parts from ebay on my bike, I've saved a bundle. 98% of everything I put on the bike is from ebay. Have never ordered from a bike parts website. Ebay parts go in cycles, what's not there today will be there soon.

Let me know if you don't win the auction, shouldn't be much competition for those.

I do have them in the headlight shell.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Spockster. The auction is a Buy It Now. I just caved and bought it. Screw it, I'm not cash strapped but I am frugal. I'll install the new AGM battery, once arrived next week, put in the headlight bushings, and take her for a ride to pick up oil & filter, come home and drain while hot. It's a nice bike just need a bit warmer weather here in S.Maine.

1986 VN750 26,000 miles
Deka AGM Battery 4-2020
All else stock, more to come thanks to VN750.com members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement