Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

parting out 1990 vn750?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Luisurbina1982 
#1 ·
Hey all, I recently bought a good condition non-running vn750 from someone who said all it needed was a petcock, carb clean, and air filters. Once those were said and done, the more serious issues that he hid came to light. The front cylinder won't run, it will fire then blow air out the carbs and kick the engine back. The valves seemed good so it must be timing, which I don't have the knowledge/$$ to get into. My only real option to avoid a total loss is to part it out. Everything seems to be in decent condition, other than the engine and maybe carbs. (Cleaned well, but front cyl drain won't stop pouring gas) Everything is stock, the exhaust is in good shape. The seat is ripped. The gas cap has the key stuck in it, but it's open and can be locked/opened with a simple flathead. It has the usual cosmetic damage.

I guess comment what you might be interested, and if there's enough attention I'll follow through with parting it out. I'll get pictures/price of any requested parts.

#4 ·
Hey all, I recently bought a good condition non-running vn750 from someone who said all it needed was a petcock, carb clean, and air filters. Once those were said and done, the more serious issues that he hid came to light. The front cylinder won't run, it will fire then blow air out the carbs and kick the engine back. The valves seemed good so it must be timing, which I don't have the knowledge/$$ to get into. My only real option to avoid a total loss is to part it out. Everything seems to be in decent condition, other than the engine and maybe carbs. (Cleaned well, but front cyl drain won't stop pouring gas) Everything is stock, the exhaust is in good shape. The seat is ripped. The gas cap has the key stuck in it, but it's open and can be locked/opened with a simple flathead. It has the usual cosmetic damage.

I guess comment what you might be interested, and if there's enough attention I'll follow through with parting it out. I'll get pictures/price of any requested parts.
How much do you want for the carburetor?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.