Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Yeah, that's right. Hell has frozen over.....Ruger's VN750 is for sale!

3K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  ruger 
#1 · (Edited)
With that being said.........I have a few parts for sale.
I have 2 extended backrests, engine guard, K&N air filters, custom made (by member Kanuck69) hand guards, stock mirror(s), rear luggage rack and some other goodies.

So, if anyone is interested let me know and I will post pics and prices.

Stay tuned.....

#3 · (Edited)
go figure, the last thing that I want to pull off of the bike, is the first thing some one shows interest in. :doh: lol. it's all good. ok, so I'll put you down for first dib's on the engine guard. cool.:smiley_th

both of the backrests are the passenger backrests. sorry, I guess I should have stated that in the first place. :doh:

I have to get out to the garage and dig through some boxes, I know I have other stuff, but I just can't remember what all I have. I'm sure I'm gonna find a hidden treasure or two. >:)

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Cruiser

#5 ·
Ruger, say it isn't true. I thought you were going to be the last hold out from the old group. I guess it is time to start looking for a good deal on a nice Victory like your wife did. I am still trying to get used to the weight of my Victory and its power as compared to the Vulcan. 750cc vs. 1736cc (106 ci) and 400+ lbs. vs. 848 lbs. approx. is a big difference.

#6 ·
ok, I'll say it isn't true.....but then that wouldn't be true either!>:)
I may not be the last, but I am, one of the last. lol :wink2:

Vulcan2000, of late, I've been thinking about you and your Victory. I've been waiting to hear some new adventures you have been on with the Victory.

well, the wife is on her second Victory now, the Judge is no more :crying:. she has moved on to the Victory Octane (or ROCtane as I like to call it, aka "Victory's middle finger to Polaris" :laugh:).

as for size and weight difference between the Kaw VN750 and Victory Freedom 106. well, the Vic. 106, is one hell of a engine! loved it!
but, enter the ROCtane, with it's 1200 engine with 104HP and weighing in at ~ 530#. talk about power! :smiley_th

Reactions: shark88
#7 ·
I replaced my Vulcan 750 with an '06 1200 Sportster. I love riding it, but it is not a long distance bike. And it is nowhere near as comfortable as the Vulcan 750. A Victory or large Harley would be too heavy for someone in my condition. The Vulcan 750 feels at least 200 pounds lighter than the Sportster, and is easy to toss around. Can't wait to get my new used one all put together and ready to ride. I'll probably keep the '02 as a parts bike.

#11 · (Edited)
just an update to anyone interested in any of the parts....I am busy taking things off the bike, cleaning them and working on a parts/price list. it may be another day or so before I post the list.

that's cool. I understand.
the only problem my wife is having with long rides on her Victory, is we don't do enough of them. :doh: lol

Ruger, I am just beginning to get a little more time in with the Victory. I had a few health issues and a fourth grandchild so time had been limited. I also had plenty of projects to get caught up on around the house since retiring and now I actually have some free time. Problem is that most of my riding buddies are either still working or wandering around the country on two week rides that I am not quite ready to take on yet. There will come a time for that I am sure.

Good luck in your next machine choice. Let us know what you are looking at.
funny, my sister is retired and she said the same thing....she had not time. :doh: lol
my bad, I though all you needed was some nice weather to come your way and then you'd be hitting the highway. :motorcycl
no big deal, there is still plenty of time left in the season to get some miles on that Victory. it doesn't have to be huge trips, a couple of hours and a few miles is all you need. :smiley_th

my bike is out of commission......down and out. so, I have done just about no riding this season. I got to ride the ROCtane a few times. but nothing to write home about.
the wife and I took it out a few times, two up, just to see what it would be like. that was cool, but I felt bad. so I took her to a bar and she got to have a few beers, because she was the passenger. she was cool with that. lol

just a few weekends ago, we did take a long weekend and rode the whole weekend. I borrowed my buddy's Suzuki Boulevard S50 (800cc). the more I ride it, the more I like it.
what I want is a Victory Octane. what I will most likely end up getting is my buddy's Suzuki Boulevard S50, it's for sale.
if this was to happen, I would buy my buddy's S50, keep it for a season or two and then, either trade it in on a Octane or buy an Octane and just sell the Suzuki.
why the Suzuki? well, my buddy doesn't ride any more and just needs/wants to move the bike. it's way more affordable than any Octane I can find. so if I buy it from him, that helps him and it helps me. since I have no bike to ride right now.

#9 ·
You've got it. You now have first dibs the backrest.

Funny thing is, I just found the really nice one and yesterday I pulled the other off the bike after work.
I still have a few more things to pull off the bike and get ready, before I take pics, post and list for sale.

#12 ·
oh boy, I got an email late last night about my VN750 for sale. BLAST! I've got the thing half torn apart and now some one is interested in buying it. :doh:
now I've got to hurry up and put the damn thing back together. looks like I just might have a busy Saturday.

#15 ·
oh boy, I got an email late last night about my VN750 for sale. BLAST! I've got the thing half torn apart and now some one is interested in buying it. /forum/images/smilies/doh.gif
now I've got to hurry up and put the damn thing back together. looks like I just might have a busy Saturday.
So are the parts listed in the pics for sale or are you putting them back on and selling the whole bike? I’m just following up about that engine bar.

#18 ·
Hi Ruger,
I'm still interested in one of those extended back rests. How much do you want for one?
Thanks

I now have two people interested in the bike! hopefully one of them will take it off my hands.

what I meant by putting the bike back together, was that I was taking all the extra parts off the bike and I had it torn down. I am just returning the bike back to "stock".

yes, the parts in the pic's are/will be for sale. not to worry about the engine guard. it was a pita to put on the bike and a pita to get it off the bike. I'm not putting it back on the bike. forget that! besides, you have first dib's on that item. sorry, I have been crazy busy this weekend. I have a hell of a lot of things on my plate right at the moment. I haven't had time to sit down and price all the items yet. I will get to that maybe tonight. thank you for your patience.

if the bike sells, the buyer may want some of the items in the above pic's. I will give the buyer a choice to pick what parts they want, but that will be a separate sale(s) from the bike. if the buyer were to ask about the engine guard, I'll tell them "sale is pending" on that item.[/QUOTE]

#21 ·
What about the fuel sending unit, left side cover, and petcock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Alright, send those, and I’ll be back later to get the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.