Yeah, that's right. Hell has frozen over.....Ruger's VN750 is for sale! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Sell or Swap
Got a part you want to sell or looking for a part?
Want to trade for something? Post it in here!

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

just an update to anyone interested in any of the parts....I am busy taking things off the bike, cleaning them and working on a parts/price list. it may be another day or so before I post the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VN750Rider/Jerry View Post
I replaced my Vulcan 750 with an '06 1200 Sportster. I love riding it, but it is not a long distance bike. And it is nowhere near as comfortable as the Vulcan 750. A Victory or large Harley would be too heavy for someone in my condition. The Vulcan 750 feels at least 200 pounds lighter than the Sportster, and is easy to toss around. Can't wait to get my new used one all put together and ready to ride. I'll probably keep the '02 as a parts bike.
that's cool. I understand.
the only problem my wife is having with long rides on her Victory, is we don't do enough of them. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
Ruger, I am just beginning to get a little more time in with the Victory. I had a few health issues and a fourth grandchild so time had been limited. I also had plenty of projects to get caught up on around the house since retiring and now I actually have some free time. Problem is that most of my riding buddies are either still working or wandering around the country on two week rides that I am not quite ready to take on yet. There will come a time for that I am sure.

Good luck in your next machine choice. Let us know what you are looking at.
funny, my sister is retired and she said the same thing....she had not time. lol
my bad, I though all you needed was some nice weather to come your way and then you'd be hitting the highway.
no big deal, there is still plenty of time left in the season to get some miles on that Victory. it doesn't have to be huge trips, a couple of hours and a few miles is all you need.

my bike is out of commission......down and out. so, I have done just about no riding this season. I got to ride the ROCtane a few times. but nothing to write home about.
the wife and I took it out a few times, two up, just to see what it would be like. that was cool, but I felt bad. so I took her to a bar and she got to have a few beers, because she was the passenger. she was cool with that. lol

just a few weekends ago, we did take a long weekend and rode the whole weekend. I borrowed my buddy's Suzuki Boulevard S50 (800cc). the more I ride it, the more I like it.
what I want is a Victory Octane. what I will most likely end up getting is my buddy's Suzuki Boulevard S50, it's for sale.
if this was to happen, I would buy my buddy's S50, keep it for a season or two and then, either trade it in on a Octane or buy an Octane and just sell the Suzuki.
why the Suzuki? well, my buddy doesn't ride any more and just needs/wants to move the bike. it's way more affordable than any Octane I can find. so if I buy it from him, that helps him and it helps me. since I have no bike to ride right now.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

Last edited by ruger; 09-24-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

oh boy, I got an email late last night about my VN750 for sale. BLAST! I've got the thing half torn apart and now some one is interested in buying it.
now I've got to hurry up and put the damn thing back together. looks like I just might have a busy Saturday.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

here's some pic's of some of the parts for sale;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan 750 016.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	46457   Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan 750 032.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	46459   Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan 750 037.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	46461   Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan 750 033.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	46463   Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan 750 035.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	46465  

shark88 likes this.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

a few more;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan 750 034.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	46467   Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan 750 038.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	46469   Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan 750 014.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	46471   Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan 750 013.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	46473   Click image for larger version

Name:	vulcan 750 015.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	46475  

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
oh boy, I got an email late last night about my VN750 for sale. BLAST! I've got the thing half torn apart and now some one is interested in buying it. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/doh.gif[/IMG]
now I've got to hurry up and put the damn thing back together. looks like I just might have a busy Saturday.
So are the parts listed in the pics for sale or are you putting them back on and selling the whole bike? I’m just following up about that engine bar.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmart View Post
So are the parts listed in the pics for sale or are you putting them back on and selling the whole bike? I’m just following up about that engine bar.
I now have two people interested in the bike! hopefully one of them will take it off my hands.

what I meant by putting the bike back together, was that I was taking all the extra parts off the bike and I had it torn down. I am just returning the bike back to "stock".

yes, the parts in the pic's are/will be for sale. not to worry about the engine guard. it was a pita to put on the bike and a pita to get it off the bike. I'm not putting it back on the bike. forget that! besides, you have first dib's on that item. sorry, I have been crazy busy this weekend. I have a hell of a lot of things on my plate right at the moment. I haven't had time to sit down and price all the items yet. I will get to that maybe tonight. thank you for your patience.

if the bike sells, the buyer may want some of the items in the above pic's. I will give the buyer a choice to pick what parts they want, but that will be a separate sale(s) from the bike. if the buyer were to ask about the engine guard, I'll tell them "sale is pending" on that item.

Last edited by ruger; 08-25-2019 at 11:29 AM.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 02:55 PM

Gotcha, thx
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:30 PM
clem

Hi Ruger,
I'm still interested in one of those extended back rests. How much do you want for one?
Thanks

I now have two people interested in the bike! hopefully one of them will take it off my hands.

what I meant by putting the bike back together, was that I was taking all the extra parts off the bike and I had it torn down. I am just returning the bike back to "stock".

yes, the parts in the pic's are/will be for sale. not to worry about the engine guard. it was a pita to put on the bike and a pita to get it off the bike. I'm not putting it back on the bike. forget that! besides, you have first dib's on that item. sorry, I have been crazy busy this weekend. I have a hell of a lot of things on my plate right at the moment. I haven't had time to sit down and price all the items yet. I will get to that maybe tonight. thank you for your patience.

if the bike sells, the buyer may want some of the items in the above pic's. I will give the buyer a choice to pick what parts they want, but that will be a separate sale(s) from the bike. if the buyer were to ask about the engine guard, I'll tell them "sale is pending" on that item.[/QUOTE]

'03 with 6800 miles
splines lubed
Kawasaki luggage rack and engine guard
Small leather bags
Slipstreamer Turbo windshield
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemww View Post
Hi Ruger,
I'm still interested in one of those extended back rests. How much do you want for one?
Thanks
your answer is here;

https://www.vn750.com/forum/17-sell-...arts-sale.html

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemww View Post
Backrest, I'd be interested in one of the passenger backrests, depending on how much you want. Thanks, Clem

Shout out to clemww! Are you still interested in one of the back rest? I have sent you a pm and I am waiting for a reply. I have others that are also interested. Please get back to me asap. If I don't hear from you soon, then I will take that as you have lost interest and I will move forward with making a deal with the next person.
Thank you for your interest,
Ruger.

Last edited by ruger; 09-24-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement