Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

New guy here

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  OlHossCanada 
#1 ·
I just got a 97 Vulcan 750, and found this site. The bike isn't in that great of shape but runs. My first question is about the exhaust. Someone has rigged up a dual exhaust to one side instead of both. Does this bike need a place where the exhaust comes together like the factory?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Dodgeman2009.

Have a look through the equipment section of the forum for your exhaust question and check out the gallery for pictures of various Vulcans.

It's possible that you saw either a Cobra or Jardine after-market exhaust system. Take a look at this thread: http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15233&page=2

-Sloppy

#3 ·
Well I would like to say welcome to the board. This is the best site to be found for the VN750 as there is a lot of information to be found on here, and if you can't find the information post your question in the right section and members will help you out.

Tell us a little bit about your bike. How many miles are on it? Is it the American version, Canadian model, California Model, etc. Has there been any modifications done to it? Is the r/r relocated? Do you have any pictures of it?

#4 ·
Welcome to the Vulcan madness.

Don`t wait too long to check the rear splines for lube.

#5 ·
welcome to the forum!!!

#6 ·
Welcome to the forum from S. C. Tn., and I believe there are, or were, some folks on here from your neck of the woods... Fine folks & forum all the way around, I don't even have a Vulcan anymore, but still hang around, even take a few knocks for ridin a Sportster every now and again, but I'm pretty tough skinned and can usually take it...lol...
Have a good one..Old Dog...

#7 ·
I just got a 97 Vulcan 750, and found this site. The bike isn't in that great of shape but runs. My first question is about the exhaust. Someone has rigged up a dual exhaust to one side instead of both.
Does this bike need a place where the exhaust comes together like the factory?
The factory exhaust system does have a crossover or "Power Chamber" as Kawasaki calls it. We usually refer to it as the *goats belly*.
It has often been discarded when aftermarket or custom systems are installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.