Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

classiccruiser.com?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  LibertyPilot 
#1 ·
Anybody use these guys? That's who I got the leather duster from and so far their "status tracking" says they haven't even shipped it yet! I ordered it at noon on Monday, this is Thursday! Does that sounds right? Three full days (and counting) to throw a peice of leather in a box and kick it out the door?

They also say their "tracking system" sometimes won't update for 24 hours. If a tracking system isn't real time, it's NOT a tracking system! It sounds like they're trying, however poorly, to buy themselves additional time.

Just wondering if anyone had experience with them. I won't post negative feedback just yet but they're going the right way for it.

#2 ·
I have never used them... remember this being the end of winter and beginning of spring, places like this will are getting bombarded with shipments, so things might take an extra day or two to ship from the wharehouse... but with that said, it should have shipped by now. Just my 2 cents worth.

#3 ·
They just got back to me and said the jacket is on backorder from the manufacturer. Don't they have to tell you that in the item's description if it is!? How is that not false advertisement? What if I needed that jacket by the end of next week for a ride!! I could've gone with a dozen other leather companies and got one cheaper and faster! Admittedly, it wouldn't have been the exact one I wanted but at least I would've had a choice in the matter! Plain and simple, I was lied to. Grrrr...

#8 ·
I get that a lot with online vendors for my computer projects I do. I have run into ordering parts for liquid cooling setups, and they show the parts in stock, and I have had them e-mail me telling me the parts are on backorder.
It's pretty darn frustrating especially if you need the stuff right away.
I feel your pain. Most of the time now, I call the vendor and ask directly if they have the part in stock before i make the order. It's a PITA, but at least I know I will be getting the parts.
Most if not all tracking systems are sh*t, they don't update and can be several days behind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.