Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

We lost a Great Man today,He will be missed by all!

16K views 112 replies 71 participants last post by  liljd 
#1 ·
This morning 2/22/2011 we lost Ron Mullinix / Lance328. He passed in his sleep. I rode with Ron yesterday,it was a great day.Later that evening we had a beer and some good fellowship.I stayed the night as I always do after a ride.Ron gave a blanket and said "Goodnight". I woke up around 4:30am to get ready to leave. I'm always the first one up in the Mullinix house,put on my leather & fired up the bike.I have about a 2hr ride home.After getting home I got a call from Ron's #.It was his mom{she was in tears} she let me know that my BEST FRIEND had passed in his sleep.I'm still in shock! I will pass on more info when I get it. I miss you Brother! RIP

#2 ·
I am in shock too. I can`t believe he is gone. Ron so freely gave of his of knowledge and help to any who needed it here on the board.

Ron you will be sorely missed here.
Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

#3 ·
:(

I just dropped my bike off at Ron's 8 days ago to get some work done. We went riding for about 70 miles before I left it there.

He was way too young to go this early.

My condolences to his family, friends, and all of us. He will be missed.

#4 ·
Wow, that's a real Shocker. I so enjoyed talking to him the few times I did on the phone. Not to mention all the chat here. We've lost a great member.

My prayers are with his family & all who knew him.

#5 ·
This is shocking and sad news....... I'm sure most of us here have been helped by Ron, either directly or indirectly.... Ron helped me with the ear shave and a few other projects. Seemed like a good guy who would help anyone out. Even tho I didn't know him personally, I'll miss him............

#6 ·
I never had the opportunity to meet Ron in person, but I gained a lot from his mechanical knowledge. My jaw dropped when I read the OP. I truly am saddened to hear this. My deepest sympathies are extended to all those who loved him and knew him best. He really will be missed.

John

#7 ·
I'm shocked as well, very sad to hear the new. My prayers go out to him and his family.

#9 ·
Ron will be missed,we talked several times on the phone and I had Planned on hooking up with him and Dave for little riding this spring,He was a wealth of knowledge and will be sorely missed. My Prayers for his family and friends especially his Mom and Dave,Gone but not forgotten,Denny Ray

#10 ·
I too am lost for words.....I just sent him a e-mail yesterday...thanking him for his recommendation on jet sizes and shims for my bike. He was ALWAYS there to lend his great knowledge to other noobs (like me) on these wonderful and yet at times complicated bikes. He was one of the most popular members on this site ....mainly because of his great kindness ......and will very much so be missed by myself....and all of us on here......may his final ride have been on his vulcan ......through the gates of heaven!!!!! RON......you will be missed!!! (one of your Vulcan brothers..........Bret Holland):notworthy

#11 ·
I met Ron 2 yrs ago. I've rode many miles with him in the last 2 yrs, but I also grew a very close bond with him. Ron was like the older brother I never had. If I ever needed anything, he was always there to help in any way he could.

When Dave called me this morning to tell me the news, I was in shock. I just couldn't believe it. I still can't believe he's gone. We were like the 3 amigos. I'm really going to miss him.

R.I.P. Ron, we love ya brother. Pegs down for our lost brother.

#13 ·
Same here, I'm mostly in shock also, so I'll just repeat what Ceal said...:(...:(...:(... With prayers for him & his family...
May he ride into Heaven...Old Dog...

#15 ·
I'd hoped to meet him on my next trip to Atlanta, but that is not to be. First his dad, now this. Ron unselfishly helped so many here through his familiarity with these bikes.

Please let his mother know that so many of us here respected him. There will never be another lke him.

#17 ·
Wow, I just talked with Ron a few weeks ago. I had sent him some side covers for my Honda CD175 he was going to fix. He said he'd get them to me as soon as he could that they were keeping him pretty busy.
Man He'll be missed, Him & I had a lot in common in Life experiences.

I toast a Tall Cool one too ya, Ron.
The good ones die too young but the A**h***s hang around for Ever.

#23 · (Edited)
I just can't believe it!

The good ones die too young but the A**h***s hang around for Ever.
SO TRUE!:(:mad:

Well, that really sucks. That is too young for sure.

This place won't seem the same without him. :(:(:(:(:(:(

KM
SO TRUE! this place WILL NOT be the same! man, that really sucks! I'd really would have like to meet him some day. he was really one of great ones on here!

p.s. KM, notice, I multi-quoted!:smiley_th

#18 ·
Much like everyone else I am just in shock. Ron was a wealth of knowledge and will be sorely missed. He was always happy to lend his considerable knowledge to any mechanicle issue. Pegs Down, RIP brother as you join the wind. My Prayers for his family and friends especially his Mom

#19 ·
...how old was he... :(

#20 ·
Ron Mullinix
9/20/1968 - 2/22/2011
43 Yrs

#21 ·
Sorry to hear...

I'm sad to hear that Ron passed on. Although I did not know him personally, he always seemed willing to help out and give advice/wisdom when asked. My prayers go out to him and his family.

Godspeed Ron...

AZ Kev

#24 ·
RIP Ron, you will be missed!

#26 ·
Sorry to hear of such a great lost. This sight will not be the same with his passing, may you quickly get a ride on the wings of an angle. You will surely be missed by all on this sight. He had such a short life. sorry to say I had never met him in perosn.

#28 ·
I think everybody has said it pretty well. I did not know him personally, but he carried himself like someone I would have been proud to know.

Prayers to him and his family, RIP.

Jon

#29 ·
Shocked, sorry and sad to hear this terrible news.

Prayers for Ron and sincere condolences to his family.

We will all miss him here. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.