HelmetShop.com - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

HelmetShop.com

I just got a helmet from the helmet shop. An Arai Profile. I saw a solid white one at the local bike shop for $510ish. They are advertised all over the internet for about $459. I was about to place the order, but then decided to call them to see how long the shipping would be just out of curiosity. I ended up getting the helmet from the guy for the cheapest price for a top of the line helmet imaginable. I got it for $376 after shipping! I told him about the price that was listed on his own website and his response was that if they advertised that low price they will go out of business.

I am considering it a steal.

Also, if it doesn't fir properly, there is no restocking fee. I checked on HelmetCity.com and there is a 15% restocking fee which can be pretty expensive for a $450 helmet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 06:50 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

How'd ya get it for $376 if it was advertized as $459?

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperbuzzin View Post
How'd ya get it for $376 if it was advertized as $459?
That is just the price he quoted me at the end! I didn't even ask for it!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Our family was in Daytona Beach in July and since I needed to fit my 14 year old son for a helmet, I stopped in The Helmet Shop. Not a great neighborhood, but very nice folks to deal with. They fit him with a great new HJC model and when I mentioned I didn't want to carry it home on the plane, they shipped it to our house for free. Better prie than I've seem locally and it arrived home before we did.

Rick Oz
York, PA

'03 Vulcan 750
purchased used 5/08 w/ 2650 mi
Fire and Steel Engine Guard
Vista Cruise Control
and all the stuff I've added since finding this forum... floorboards by Ccspinner, Unik Saddlebags, Airhawk Comfort Seating System, Xelement armored cordura jacket, Clear Alternative LED brake/tail lights, Kruzer Kaddy chrome drink holder, Helmet Guardian, tear drop mirrors, Throttle Rocker, National Cycle Street Shield EX
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickoz View Post
Better prie than I've seem locally and it arrived home before we did.
Let me try that again...

Better price than I've seen locally...

Must be bedtime!

Rick Oz
York, PA

'03 Vulcan 750
purchased used 5/08 w/ 2650 mi
Fire and Steel Engine Guard
Vista Cruise Control
and all the stuff I've added since finding this forum... floorboards by Ccspinner, Unik Saddlebags, Airhawk Comfort Seating System, Xelement armored cordura jacket, Clear Alternative LED brake/tail lights, Kruzer Kaddy chrome drink holder, Helmet Guardian, tear drop mirrors, Throttle Rocker, National Cycle Street Shield EX
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 05:23 AM

There are some manufacturing "rules" about advertising prices; it's like this at a few places, with a few different items. But the nicer places-the ones into customer service-, will give you the "actual" price if you make actual contact with them, either email or phone call.

This rule is dictated my the manufacturer, not the retailer. It's part of the "yes you can sell our stuff deal". Not all manufacturers do it, alot of the "higher end" makers seem to be the ones-Icon, Arai, Soumy (I think), etc.

I have a website saved that I looked at for buying a helmet. When I contacted them they gave me a code, which let me into another part of the site with actual pricing on a lot of big ticket stuff, and it's not uncommon to get 100-200 off the advertised price everybody sees.

So it's a good practice when buying online, before you purchase, email or call about pricing, otherwise, you will just pay the advertised price.

Hopefully this will help somebody on their next big buy.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Also the free shipping they offer is very fast. I ordered it on Thursday afternoon and it got here already. I am very pleased.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement