Bike Bandit.com - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Bike Bandit.com

OK, the other day I was cleaning the bike up. It's an 85 VN 700, and stuff happening to it on a weekly basis. Anyway, I brushed up against the left front turn signal, and the lens just popped off. Looking at it, there was no way that I could just screw it back on. The housing was broken. The right one was cracked, has been since I bought it. So, I searched around, and found 2 new turn signals in Bike Bandit. Total cost, less that $45.00 including shipping. I ordered them, and they landed at my house in less that 5 days. Also, my card wasn't charged till after the turn signals arrived at my house. Now, that's two complete turn signal assemblies, not just lenses. Am I impressed? You betcha. Good selection of stuff either original equipment, or after market.

Ride Safe
Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Re: Bike Bandit.com

Cool!

I'm curious if the turn signals for $19.95 that are constantly on Ebay are of good quality? I need to buy one or two myself and if the Ebay ones are no good, you deal sounds pretty much the same. (Actually yours sounds better because it included shipping!)

I just might head on over there today and pick up all four! (Mine all look a bit grungy)

Is there anyway to just buy the lenses anywhere? Or do we pretty much have to replace the entire stalk?

Thx!

Anthony
1985 VN700 (Priscilla) Sold
-------------------------------------------------------
Helpful Links -->>
Search | Vulcan Verses | VN750 Gallery | VN750 Items on Ebay | Link to VN750.com
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Re: Bike Bandit.com

I looked in Bike Bandit this morning, and you can buy just the lenses. They're $2.95 a piece. The entire cost for mine including shipping was $41.92, and they came withing a week of ordering. Looks like you've got quite a project on your hands. Good luck with it.

Ride Safe
Wayne

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 11:20 AM

Another BikeBandit.com satisfied customer.

I recently ordered an electrex r/r for my '00 Vulcan from BB. I placed the order late Wednesday night and didn't spring for the priority shipping so I didn't expect to see it until mid to late the following week.

Guess what shows up on my doorstep Saturday morning? That's right, my r/r and speedo cable. I was very impressed with the speed of delivery, and I know that they can't control how fast the USPS delivers their package, but they must have filled the order immediately for it to get to me as soon as it did. I was able to install the r/r and speedo cable and get some saddle time in over the weekend.

If I need parts that I can't get locally in the future, I WILL be a BB repeat customer.

I smile 'cause I don't know what the h*ll is going on.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 11:54 AM

I've had very good luck with them, ordered lots of parts, signal lenses and mirrors etc. from them over the years. I keep a quick link on my toolbar that goes straight to the OEM parts list for my bike from them. Good KAW parts drawings too.

Fergy
Kyle, TX VN750.com member #707 VROC#19556
2002 VN1500 Classic
Spline Lube Procedure, with photos, R/R Relocation and Coil Mod
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
Electrical Fault Finding Flowchart
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 12:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
IMO , everybody here lost the main moral of the story!

less cleaning - more riding!
and
when you clean it to much stuff starts to fall of on its own!

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 12:06 PM

Or you could say the moral is if you weren't cleaning it, you might not have found that thingie that was about to fall off.

Fergy
Kyle, TX VN750.com member #707 VROC#19556
2002 VN1500 Classic
Spline Lube Procedure, with photos, R/R Relocation and Coil Mod
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
Electrical Fault Finding Flowchart
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 10:58 PM

I've ordered from both Bike Bandit and Ron Ayers. Ron seems to be cheaper overall but shipping is more for small stuff. It also takes them a week just to process the order so if you are in a hurry, he is not the way to go.
Bike Bandit tends to be a bit higher on the purchase price, but cheaper on shipping and they process your order pronto. I do a part by part comparison and order from Ron if I'm not in a hurry and order BB if I need parts fast. I have been very happy with both companies.

Jim W
93 VN 750 "Ursula"
Moved R/R 08Sep06
R/R rewire 17Feb07
New R/R, Installed 14Jun08
New Stator installed 10 Jun08
Maintenance Free Battery 12Jan08
21480 Miles
VROC #8542
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 04:08 PM

I ordered some gaskets and o-rings so I could do my stator change and threw a pair of progressive front fork springs and tires in while I was at it since Bike Bandit had nothing but good reviews. That was in on 6/12/2007, it's now 6/20/2007 and when I login to view the status, everything is STILL listed as "On Order"! My rear tire, a relatively common Dunlop D404 is backordered. I'm pissed beause I can't cancel my order (almost $275) without paying a restocking fee and it's been 8 days and nothing has even shipped! There's not even a phone number that I can call to talk to a human being either. Bike Bandit can kiss my a*%! I'll never order from them again, period.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 04:23 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

When I recently placed an order with them, their web tracking said my stuff was still on order until a couple of days before it arrived.
Don't remember for sure how long it took, but it was just slightly more than a week.
If they are waiting on a single item, I believe they will hold the entire order until it arrives at their place, then ship all at once. So, with the Vulcan not being a real popular bike, this could be what's up with your order.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement