Cycle Gear - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Cycle Gear

I needed a leather vest since i joined the Legion Riders and Patriot Guard. Since Cycle Gear opened a store near by, i looked at their website to see what they offer. found one that was on sale, called the store to see if he had it so i could try it on. sure enough it was in stock.
on sale for 79.99, i tried it on but too snug, they only had a xl. took a look around and he found a 3xl that was on clearance for 69.99. fit like a glove. at check out he discovered it was a 140 dollar vest that a employee marked wrong and he honored the price. the store is small but they have a great deal of stuff. i made sure i let him know id be back. ive sent 4 friends over to pick up oil, lights and a helmet for his kid. i had great luck with them, all you can do is try them

85 700
V&H Cruzers
coastered&shaved
uni filters
coil mod
KC's led turn signal boards
clear alternatives led tail light
Wolfies forward controls
vn900 seat
AGM Battery
Iridium plugs
willie and max bags
plexifairing 3
14 inch apes

97 75
parts bike for now

He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 09:44 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofin View Post
I needed a leather vest since i joined the Legion Riders and Patriot Guard. Since Cycle Gear opened a store near by, i looked at their website to see what they offer. found one that was on sale, called the store to see if he had it so i could try it on. sure enough it was in stock.
on sale for 79.99, i tried it on but too snug, they only had a xl. took a look around and he found a 3xl that was on clearance for 69.99. fit like a glove. at check out he discovered it was a 140 dollar vest that a employee marked wrong and he honored the price. the store is small but they have a great deal of stuff. i made sure i let him know id be back. ive sent 4 friends over to pick up oil, lights and a helmet for his kid. i had great luck with them, all you can do is try them
Where is this store...I wanna buy a vest ! LOL

I too, am a Legion Rider & Patriot Guard (two vest's / patches) ...just have not been riding for toooooo Looooooong !

Congrat's

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!

Last edited by WilliamTech; 05-22-2014 at 09:48 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 09:57 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

I recently had excellent customer service with Cycle Gear myself. I had battery tender that I bought over a year ago and never used it until about one month ago. It lit up and then went dead. I took it back to the store (two towns away) without a receipt. They looked it up on the computer but could not find a transaction for the item but still honored it by replacing the entire unit even after I explained that I had forgotten the leads that were already attached to my bike at home. I received a complete new tender in the package and haven't had a problem since with the new unit. I also purchased a vest, battery with lifetime replacement (no questions asked) and numerous other items there and will continue going back. The sales are pretty good if they are favoring the item you really want that particular month.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 11:04 PM
1986 VN750

Garage
Cycle Gear has great customer service across the board, but downright unsafe gear. Equipment labeled with the BiLT brand is just imported Chinese OEM manufactured stuff. You can find it with other names like IV2 on eBay for half the cost.

They do carry some decent brands, just in limited quantities. Be forewarned about the safety and quality of BiLT branded equipment.

1986 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
NGK Iridium Plugs #7803/DPR7EIX-9
Duralast Gold ETX15 AGM Battery
Coastered & Shaved
TOC MCCTs
Metzeler ME880 [110/90-19, 170/80-15]
Balance Dampers Replaced
Tuxedo Mod
Rebuilt Forks w/ Progressive Springs
V&H Cruzers
VN750.com Grill Cover
Meanstreak Seat
Emgo 23-92411 Handlebars
MOSFET FH012AA R/R

1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

1998 Honda VFR800 FI

2014 Honda VFR800F

1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtanner View Post
Cycle Gear has great customer service across the board, but downright unsafe gear. Equipment labeled with the BiLT brand is just imported Chinese OEM manufactured stuff. You can find it with other names like IV2 on eBay for half the cost.

They do carry some decent brands, just in limited quantities. Be forewarned about the safety and quality of BiLT branded equipment.
What he said....

I check out some of their items but am always wary of any safety type gear (e.g. Bilt brand).

I have also heard (can't confirm) that Cycle Gear will sometimes let people return helmets after a short time (days). I haven't really heard of anyone else doing this in my relatively short life as a bike owner.

Just something to keep in mind if considering buying a helmet from Cycle Gear.

Old Bike: 2006 VN750 - Sold

Current Bike: 2007 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Tourer
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 09:03 PM

I can't complain about Cycle Gear, they have always done me right on anything I've gotten there. But I really use them for trying on jackets and things that I buy elsewhere cheaper. I know they supposedly have a price match deal, but after having to pay tax, it won't be a better price. I have bought things like a seat pad and freeze out stuff from them because family gives me gift cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
Leave it to me to NOT be fond of something then end up banging it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 05:34 PM

I was gonna say, when ya come up this weekend, we'll stop by Ed's...he got lotsa stuff at discount prices....

I told ya bout the deal I got on the Kury pegs for ya.....1/3 price.....slightly used.......

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I was gonna say, when ya come up this weekend, we'll stop by Ed's...he got lotsa stuff at discount prices....

I told ya bout the deal I got on the Kury pegs for ya.....1/3 price.....slightly used.......
you bet, im sure ill be drooling over the old ironhead stuff.

85 700
V&H Cruzers
coastered&shaved
uni filters
coil mod
KC's led turn signal boards
clear alternatives led tail light
Wolfies forward controls
vn900 seat
AGM Battery
Iridium plugs
willie and max bags
plexifairing 3
14 inch apes

97 75
parts bike for now

He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards."
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 01:34 AM

Not fer nuttin....but StrangeDays got all kinds neat sheit fer sale too.....

I got a sweet handmade leather vest made by a hippie chick I knew at a commune in Big Sur.....aint cheap but (Id let it go fer the right price).... (Annie...is priceless)....frickin Annie did nice work....she put love into each stitch man....seriously....

Dont be buyin sheit on the net bro.....yer gonna be here in 6 days.....I'll take care of ya.....think ya can wait that long ?.... I'll bring ya to Ed's first....we can work on yer bike under the lights....I got like 6 fluourescent fixtures in a 20x40 shop.....lottsa light....the BBQ is just 20 ft away too....and I got a fridge in the shop....

Last edited by Wolfie; 05-25-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement