Dyna2000-the Final Chapter - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Dyna2000-the Final Chapter

I posted awhile back re my 10mo old Dyna2000 crapping out on me while on the road...it's here somewhere in the Vendor threads if you'd care to read.
Dyna had the unit since July21. I called them on Aug3 to see what was up...they still had not tested it yet.
I followed up on Aug9 and 'Mike' there said yeah, it was bad and they were going to replace it.
I got it today, installed and fired it up.
Bam!! Instant starting...just like the old daze.
It took DynaTek a while to come thru, but I'm happy. Of course my cheerfulness is enhanced by the fact that I still had the OEM unit, and was able to put almost 1500mi on the clock since mid -July, when my sad tale of woe began....

john m
Somewhere deep in OH....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 09:42 PM

Re: Dyna2000-the Final Chapter

Glad you got it worked out and fixed.It does seem you have to stay after people to ever get anything done anymore...I have had an ongoing situation for two years now on getting restitution for an item that was stolen for me. Finally starting to get some answers, but only after constent phone calls...but anyway...lol..didn't mean to get strarted on that..

Happy riding!!!

Steve "Fallguy" Fall
Parsons, TN
'04 VN750 "Serenity"
Willie and Max Saddlebags
Ride Bell from Lady Di
Kaw Luggage Rack
Westco MF Batt
Kaw Extended Backrest
http://personalpages.tds.net/~sfall
Pics http://photos.yahoo.com/stevfal
(KIR)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
Thumbs down Re: Dyna2000-the Final Chapter

Which is why Dynatek remains on my "****list" at http://www.breyn.com/vn750/vendor.htm

My 2nd Dyna seems to work, but you can bet your last doughnut that I have my OEM in my saddle bag for WHEN the Dyna 2000 takes it's next dump...

The management of Dynatek has problems that they don't seem to want to fix. It is pathethic that my experience with getting them to replace my unit is the same as JM's. Hopefully, the presense of my OEM unit will keep the Dyna from failing...

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

...I do the same thing, Bulldog.
One note... I'm pretty sure the dude at DynaTek said they were going to 'replace' the unit, but he might have said 'repair or replace...'.
No big deal, but I got an obviously used unit back. It could have been my original unit for all I know...but I'm still happy. I guess...

john m
Somewhere deep in OH....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Growling at the World...

My second Dyna2000 unit bit the dust... Dyna says to send it in and they will repair/replace it (again)...

I'm getting real tired of the **** that Dynatek puts out... I've purchased mine and will use it for as long as Dynatek continues to replace them when they fail. But, I will always keep my OEM in my saddlebag along with my tools...

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
VROC ~v~ 485
Chicagoland, IL
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog485
My second Dyna2000 unit bit the dust... Dyna says to send it in and they will repair/replace it (again)...

I'm getting real tired of the **** that Dynatek puts out... I've purchased mine and will use it for as long as Dynatek continues to replace them when they fail. But, I will always keep my OEM in my saddlebag along with my tools...
Bulldog...are you still in warranty with that thing?? Mine's up, and I will continue to do as you are...will use it till they no longer repair/replace for free, or for what I consider 'reasonable' charges. Will cross that bridge when I get to it, I guess....

john m
Somewhere deep in OH....
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Growling at the World...

Unhappy Re: Dyna2000-the Final Chapter

I explained what the issues were and the history I have with the unit and they said to send it in. I'm at the point where I really don't care anymore about the unit. I paid for it and I will use it until it dies for good and they won't replace it amymore. Maybe they might even refund my money on it's final death... I'm just so sick of the **** that DynaTek is putting out... I can say this... If I live to be 100 and buy a new bike every few years for the rest of my life; I will never give Dynatek another penny or give them a kind word. They SUCK!!!

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
VROC ~v~ 485
Chicagoland, IL
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1515
Bulldog...are you still in warranty with that thing?? Mine's up, and I will continue to do as you are...will use it till they no longer repair/replace for free, or for what I consider 'reasonable' charges. Will cross that bridge when I get to it, I guess....
Well, that bridge is here, I guess. Time for Dyna to sink or swim...AFAIC.
I just pulled my 'replacement' Dyna2000 off the bike. For the last month or so, I have been having incredibly hard starting, and real crappy running until the bike heats up, whenever I ride...on the centerstand as I do every winter.
Symptoms are almost identical to those when my original Dyna2000 bit the dust. But because I have not actually been 'on the road', but only 'stationary', I have been idleing the bike enough to get past the terrible crap, then when it is warm...it purrs as always.
I have checked everything I can think of...short of removing the tank and petcock.
Today, after going thru the usual hard starting/poor running, I shut her down and decided to replace the Dyna w/ the OEM unit.
Bingo!!
Like magic, my ride JUMPS to life, and the throttle acts as it always has...smooooooth, throughout the rpm range. Ran the bike for about 15min as usual, and everything was super.
We'll see what DynaTek does about this...my original unit was bought in Sept03, crapped out and replaced in Aug04, and the 'new' unit lasted barely 6mo.
I'll be sending it back to them this week...keep ya posted!

john m
Somewhere deep in OH....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement