eBay seller NOT recommended: RidersNeeds - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

eBay seller NOT recommended: RidersNeeds

Just a heads up for you guys, I would advice against doing business with RidersNeeds on eBay.

Link:

http://myworld.ebay.com/ridersneeds_store

I bought a clutch cable and they sent me the wrong one, doesn't fit my bike. It doesn't look at all like the stock cable and doesn't even look like the one they had on the picture.

I sent them a message and all I got was a "I have notified the manufacturer to double-check their fitments and part number for the future.".

They wouldn't even acknowledge that it was their fault. I saw other sellers on there that are offering the same brand but their pictures match the stock cable perfectly... so I doubt it's the manufacturer's fault. I sent them a message stating these same points and that I thought it was definitely their fault. No reply at all.

I looked at their negative feedback and it looks like this is a common practice for them. To send the wrong items or to describe their items inaccurately.

I'm never buying from them again and I just thought I would share with you guys so you're careful with them.

1985 VN700 unknown mileage (over 33K)

AGM Battery
Iridium spark plugs
NGK wires and caps
Relocated R/R
Marbled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 AM
Jack of all trades

Thanks for the heads up. I do a fair amount of shopping on eBay and I know you can't always go off of the reviews there, sometimes people troll and muddy up the waters.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
This is one of the reasons I like this forum ,it's like an early warning system.I appreciate any one who gives us a heads up. Thanks Ceal

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

A lot of people will give a negative feedback on eBay without even contacting the seller first. I always give the seller a chance to make it right first. Every seller I've had a mishap with has tried their best to see me happy... anywhere from returns to partial refunds to full refunds. But this seller just blamed the manufacturer and then didn't reply back to me. So I think the negatives on this one are fully justified.

You're welcome guys, happy shopping!

AGM Battery
Iridium spark plugs
NGK wires and caps
Relocated R/R
Marbled
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 11:35 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, I won't have to be careful with them since I won't be using them at all.

It really bugs me to see a seller with high numbers treating buyers this way. Looking at the feedback, they might be getting ready for a name change or leave Ebay permanently.

If I were you, I'd take this as far as I could and use every step available through Ebay to make the seller miserable. Who knows, you might even get results.

I noticed they have a muffler priced at $950!?! Also saw a nice 5 3/4" tri-bar light, but priced at $350?!! It was incandescent, not even a halogen for that price.

I've done 31 deals and only got burned once for a few bucks. Seller sold me some dead computer parts. His account is closed now. After that, I try to dig as deep into their feedback as I can before bidding.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Yea, I should have checked their feedback before buying. I also didn't inspect my own cable before ordering that one. I basically just trusted them completely. Gonna have to be a bit less trusting from now on.

AGM Battery
Iridium spark plugs
NGK wires and caps
Relocated R/R
Marbled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement