Dyna2000-thank goodness for spare parts... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Dyna2000-thank goodness for spare parts...

Hey gang...
Last September I bought a Dyna2000 ignition module when Dyna had a closeout for $150.00. Well, it quit on me today, almost left me stranded. I know a lot of you will remember Bulldog having the same problem and how he went thru a PITA to get Dyna to take care of it. We shall see how it goes for me. It was his wise words, however, that got me to pack the OEM unit whenever I went out. Thanks!! Bulldog!
For those of you who have one of these...here are the symptoms to look for..
1. Hard starting...out of nowhere. Yesterday, started fine multiple times during my 200mi jaunt. Today, took me 5-6 tries initially. The engine starts, but immediately dies, unless you give it gas immediately. Not good on the initial start up of the day. I thought I had a choke problem, but got her going...
2. When pulling off the line, you might notice some minor stumbling...very minor. Happened twice today in ~5mi. I thought I had let go of the throttle or some slop in the cable...
3. Yesterday, I noticed brief hesitation on the throttle once, only once, while making a passing move from 60mph. Now I gotta tell ya, the Vulc NEVER hesitates! So I'm thinking Seafoam, right?? Happened toward the end of the ride...
4. Today, the major indicators. After the hard starting and ~10mi, lost power to one cylinder, no throttle response past 3k, tach going crazy. If you let off the throttle, the revs go immediately to zero.
I went ~1mi like this, turned around, went another mile, and pulled over. I hesitated to shut her down bc I was not sure I could restart, but in those 2mi I thought abt everything it could be, then recounted the Bulldog's experience. It took only 5min to disconnect my Dyna2000 and reconnect the OEM unit from my pack. Voila'!!! All systems go for the next 150mi.
Bulldog, I owe you a 12pak, bud....name your brand!
Anyway...hope this helps someone out there. I will post my experience w/ Dyna when I give them a call tomorrow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
Re: Dyna2000-thank goodness for spare parts...

I'm beginning to have those other symptoms. Hard acceleration and stalling when taking off.

This is really pissing me off!!! My OEM is wrapped in bubble wrap in my saddle bag and I'm hoping I don't have to use it...

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 11:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to IASKRU12
Talking Re: Dyna2000-thank goodness for spare parts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1515
Hey gang...
Anyway...hope this helps someone out there. I will post my experience w/ Dyna when I give them a call tomorrow...
Word of advice. I called them when I got my unit because I was having problems getting it to work. It wasn't their fault, I had accidently grounded a wire. Fixed the wire, problem gone. But their unit wouldn't work at all with the problem, while with my OEM unit at least one cylinder would fire.

Anyway, go through your entire ignition system, plugs, coils, stator and make sure it is all up to the settings in the service manual. Based on my conversation with them, they won't do squat unless you have verified the problem isn't somewhere else.

Mike
Bellevue, WA
'96 Vulcan 750 'Hanchi'
VROC#11903

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 12:05 AM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485

Quote:
Originally Posted by IASKRU12
Anyway, go through your entire ignition system, plugs, coils, stator and make sure it is all up to the settings in the service manual. Based on my conversation with them, they won't do squat unless you have verified the problem isn't somewhere else.
They won't do squat anyway. Dynatek is the WORST aftermarket accessories company out there... What is it about California companies???

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IASKRU12
Mike..thanks for the advice.
I guess I will check the coils....stator is new, RR is new, Iridium plugs cleaned & gapped 3months ago, wiring looks great. It's not possible to connect wrong...two completely different, polarized plugs.
I don't blame any company for wanting to be sure it's not their product at fault when it's in a dependent system, but ISTM that when you replace a component on the fly w/ another component and everything works as it should...you've located the source of the problem, esp if others have had the same experience. Stay tuned....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement