Viking Saddle Bags - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Thank you for the detailed pictures. I will be ordering my bags very soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 AM

Those are some sharp looking bags Keyman! I bought a set of the Kawasakai FS saddlebag mounts (part#K53021-094) from Ron Ayers back in Sept. 2010 hoping to put saddle bags on my bike, but never settled on which ones to go with. Seeing how my bike is a '97 and they don't make the FS parts anymore I figured snatch them up before they are all gone like I found out with the floorboards from FS. Had my hopes up that might of found the last one in a dealership in Alaska, but after talking to them they indicated it was an error in their inventory system and part sat unsold for over a year so it was disposed of by Kawasaki.

Your vikings right now are listed at $244 before shipping. Those vikings are sharp, but anyone know if I could use my FS saddlebag mounts with those viking bags?

The other option was those Mutaza GA hard saddle bags I saw a nice post about installing them, which are only $115 plus $30 for shipping.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 01:35 PM

Garage
So I am trying to install some Viking saddle bags but I guess I have to relocate my turn signals to do so. Any tips or tricks because I really don't eat to relocate my signals

Don't worry!!, It's just a bump in the road.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 01:36 PM

Garage
Are they supposed to but up right against my shocks?

Don't worry!!, It's just a bump in the road.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 12:58 PM
Old Fart

Garage
You need to move the turn signals.

See this ?
https://www.vn750.com/forum/17-sell-s...elocation.html

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 06:55 PM
Know-It-All White-Trash

Garage
my shock cut-out on my vikings rub, but with progressive shocks and vikings im not the slightest bit worried about a little rub.
also, their kit sucks i if they even have a vn750 kit. get a metal drill bit and jigsaw blade and get some sheet metal from home depot. they have a tight fit and the sets is kind of tight, but fixing the bike where the seat doesn't come off much seams like the bigger goal.
the saddle bag guards most people show you are useless for vikings, some vikings come with a kit but i still say break out the jigsaw and a metal drill bit.

you will mount sheet metal to the outline of the back of your bags. paint it black and raise them slightly above your fender struts to catch the top threads in your fender with new deeper screws. also may need a 2x4 to pry your fender off the tire for bolt and thread alignment. i haul groceries in and sometimes strap a 32 case of water bottles on top of mine but i wouldnt do that often.

"Spock2.2" 3 clutches,3 engines, FK TUX MOD! Clubman bars w/ trimmed lines, Progressive shocks, FLO filter, gages app, RAM mount, custom light and signals. UV lights(antifreeze box and socks glow),(Jetted) V&H pipes, Brisk 360, Kuryaken HWY pegs (leg indifference disability), Viking bags, wet ears, Oil temp cap, Mosffet r/r under saddle bag. [email protected] 530ft 1/2 throttle 5th gear. i am alive because they see me, they hear me! I can downshift as fast as I can get the hell outta the way!
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 10:31 AM

Garage
I installed my Viking bags without moving the turn signals. It is a little tight but they open and close with no problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mybike.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	36498  

Eat a live toad in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 11:50 AM
2014 KLR 650!

I have viking bags and have been all over the place. I kept them when I got my Sporty cause they fit perfect. The mounting hardware was beaner but once they were on they looked great. A little more room would be good but the the passenger couldn't get to the pegs. DITTO on NOT moving the turn signals. I didn't have to move them either. in fact my picture right there to the left has my bags on it.

2014 Kawasaki KLR 650
Back to the Kawa World
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Know-It-All White-Trash

Garage
i got the largest bags they offered. the install kit was crap. no biggie, they gave me $25 back. i got some 1/8in sheet metal out and a drill with a metal blade for my jigsaw. put my signals on my plate with their plate relocation kit. mounted it on with huge bolts to support the weight with a kuryaken helmet lock for plates too.

"Spock2.2" 3 clutches,3 engines, FK TUX MOD! Clubman bars w/ trimmed lines, Progressive shocks, FLO filter, gages app, RAM mount, custom light and signals. UV lights(antifreeze box and socks glow),(Jetted) V&H pipes, Brisk 360, Kuryaken HWY pegs (leg indifference disability), Viking bags, wet ears, Oil temp cap, Mosffet r/r under saddle bag. [email protected] 530ft 1/2 throttle 5th gear. i am alive because they see me, they hear me! I can downshift as fast as I can get the hell outta the way!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Know-It-All White-Trash

Garage
it will eventually tear up the rubber on the signal mounts.

it did that twice on me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement