helmet speakers - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
helmet speakers

I just got these and the free booster amp. Much better than ear buds for me,no more sore ears,pretty good sound quality too.These people are a little slow on the shipping ,but they have a good product so far,so good.

http://www.bikeintercom.com/products/x2.htm

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 11:16 AM

I have found that this type of speaker works just as well, if you have thick padding on around your ears...most do. Just remove bottom snap of earpad, slip this inside the hole, double stick tape the back of them to the plasic, snap it up and rock-on.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-Ad...HS4700/4956151

RR
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
I use Skull Candy Ear Buds... now with that said.. I hate ear buds in general, then my found THESE and I have been using them ever since. They not only sound good, but also help block out the wind noise you get when you try to wear headphones or ear buds while riding. I can clearly hear my tunes (and my other audio accessories) as I ride.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 10:18 PM

I was wondering what kind of headphones people used! Thanks for the post and replies everyone.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 08:07 AM
OMEGA

when used to do car audio i designed a heavily amped and water proof high end audio system in a HD
extremely clean components up front with custom rear casing. a high end 2 channel amp in a solid saddle bag pushing 240 rms to each set...
he said hi club made him ride lead so they could listen to his tunes..
i had to talk him out of having us build a sub on to the other bag until he increased alternator power in a big way..
that bike did rock though
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Guy View Post
i had to talk him out of having us build a sub on to the other bag until he increased alternator power in a big way..
that bike did rock though
You think our bikes can handle any sort of audio system? I would think not... or at least anything that would be audible over the bike's or wind sounds, but I ask you, since you work on audio... think it can handle anything appropriate?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:34 PM

Here's a question while on the subject of headphones/earbuds. I've seen a lot of concern on this site about safety. Always wear your gear, plan ahead, high visibility, etc. But headphones seem to not stir up any safety concerns at all. Don't you guys think it's safer if you can hear where danger is coming from while you're riding?

Just a question, seems odd that there's so much concern about safety and this never comes up. Just wondering why.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 08:14 PM

I have a Vega VTune with bluetooth and speakers and mic built into it. I can still hear traffic and others around me quite well. I don't know for sure, but I would think the ear buds would reduce the ability to hear traffic since they are actually in your ears.

Mom, I'm not wearing my helmet only for the purpose of taking this picture and
the background was digitally blurred to make it look like I'm going really fast.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceal View Post
Here's a question while on the subject of headphones/earbuds. I've seen a lot of concern on this site about safety. Always wear your gear, plan ahead, high visibility, etc. But headphones seem to not stir up any safety concerns at all. Don't you guys think it's safer if you can hear where danger is coming from while you're riding?

Just a question, seems odd that there's so much concern about safety and this never comes up. Just wondering why.
an iPod, and a set of USB powered computer speakers get plenty loud enough for me to hear over my electrical saws in my garage, making a way to hook it all up to the bike and run off of the bikes electrical system would not be a problem, and would only use minimal amounts of the bike's left over electrical power.

but would you actually be able to hear these when up to speed, probably not... even if you were to mount them forward of you the wind buffering would make the sound more of a nuisance than enjoyable. the best thing for listening to tunes is to mount a set of headphones into your helmet. after posting about the Skull Candy ear Buds, I found THESE Skull Candy FMJ with iPod Control that I am using now with my bike, and like them a lot, although when I get my FF helmet this summer, I am going to mod THESE Skull Candy Home Brew Kit, or THESE Amp'd Music System ear phones into the helmet, and a head phone extension cord of sorts will run from my dash, to under my seat so that I can run the cord through my coat to the seat and not feel like wires are dangling all over the place.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Giggity!

Garage
I use these Panasonic Slimz for helmet audio. They fit right into the pocket already in my helmet & sound great for what they are. In fact, I let my mother use them while playing our very nice keyboard. She swore she was listening to the keyboard it's self. Now, on the bike there's alot of noise of course but they still sound really good. Best part is they're only $10 at wally world.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement