chromeandleatherplus - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
2FAS4U

chromeandleatherplus

http://www.chromeandleatherplus.com/store/home.php Fast shipping. Highly Recommend

Last edited by 2fas4u; 05-16-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 06:43 PM

Im a little dissapointed with this place.

I orderd about a 100 bucks worth of stuff from them and they charged me the full price. Now i just got an email from them saying they will be shipping only half of my order due to lack of stock.

Now i wonder do they have any inventory control at all? If they were low or out of stock would not the system prevent me from ordering the product? Why did the web site not say out of stock on the item.

I will call them and let every one know
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 11:25 PM

I ordered a part which showed available on the website about a month ago. They immediately charged my credit card and then sent me an email that it would be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer who is in EUROPE!!!!! They should advise not in stock or delayed shipping up front and let the buyer decide if he wants to deal with it. At the very least they should not charge your card until product has been shipped. Just my opinion. BTW, I still don't have my part.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Growling at the World...

Send a message via Yahoo to bulldog485
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I've met these people. Scumbags!!! They don't even ride. A group of young kids from Sweeden (or somewhere around there) with absolutly no business sense who cannot pay their bills on time and keep getting evicted from the warehouses they do business at. They run shop around the Wheeling, IL area and are always on the move. Good luck visiting their actual store, Chad tried to do that and they met him in a Wendy's parking lot (if memory serves correct). Just in it to make a buck and with very little morals...

Sorry, not for me - I don't deal with scumbags...

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsbike.com
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 750 ~ Black Betty ~ 34,999.7 miles
VROC ~v~ 485
McHenry County Road Pirates
Chicagoland, IL

Last edited by bulldog485; 03-04-2007 at 03:56 PM.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 04:09 PM
HAWK

Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner
They never met me, I tried but they would not return my call but did take my money. I contacted paypal and got my money back.

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Growling at the World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccspinner View Post
They never met me, I tried but they would not return my call but did take my money. I contacted paypal and got my money back.
I stand corrected. See... Bloody scumbags!!!

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
2006 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic FLHTCUI ~ The Big Black Bitch ~ 26,000 miles.
2002 Kawasaki Nomad 1500 ~ The Red Dog ~ Traded in at 22,000 miles of smiles (purchased new 10/05 / Traded in 6/12).
VROC ~v~ 485
Chicagoland, IL
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 05:40 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

EDIT: Let's see what's what with this and try to get it straightened out.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown

Last edited by hyperbuzzin; 03-05-2007 at 03:05 PM.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog485 View Post
I've met these people. Scumbags!!! They don't even ride. A group of young kids from Sweeden (or somewhere around there) with absolutly no business sense who cannot pay their bills on time and keep getting evicted from the warehouses they do business at. They run shop around the Wheeling, IL area and are always on the move. Good luck visiting their actual store, Chad tried to do that and they met him in a Wendy's parking lot (if memory serves correct). Just in it to make a buck and with very little morals...

Sorry, not for me - I don't deal with scumbags...
Guys... sorry to hear. but they are actually from Wheeling, IL not Sweden. i know the guy personnaly. their warehouse is there for some time (2 years - this is as much as i personnaly aware of). i worked with them on a small project to help maintain their website and the database behind the site. i guess that my experience cannot be seen as average one but i did not had any problems with them.

Buldog, i'm not trying to defend him and if you don't trust them i'm not going to try and convince you to do business with them (or change your mind on their trustworthiness). but if you want PM me any info and i can try to help you resolve the poblem/dispute.

CCspinner, the prog springs we got were from these guys. although in that case it was obviously proccessed not through the usual channels...

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL

Last edited by tankist; 03-05-2007 at 02:22 PM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 02:30 AM
Growling at the World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankist View Post
Guys... sorry to hear. but they are actually from Wheeling, IL not Sweden. i know the guy personnaly. their warehouse is there for some time (2 years - this is as much as i personnaly aware of). i worked with them on a small project to help maintain their website and the database behind the site. i guess that my experience cannot be seen as average one but i did not had any problems with them.
The ones I met at the bikeshow three or four years ago were Sweedes and dirty at that. I've never heard anyone having a good experience with them and trust them as far as I can throw them, which is not far. Either the douchbags I met were employees who spoke higher of themselves or I misjudged what country they are from, but still douchbags all the same.

They will never get any business from me and will not get a kind word as they have farked over too many people I know, both locally and at large.

Evan Breyn ~ The Bulldog
VROC ~v~ 485
Chicagoland, IL
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 02:09 PM

Hi guys,

The reason we are posting here - Tankist pointed this thread out to us out of concern for our reputation on this forum. I think there is some slight confusion as to which company we are talking about here!

I hope you guys give me a chance to work everything out and not jump down my throat for posting here! The problem with the internet vs phone or face to face contact is that sometimes it ends up being like broken telephone. Let me address some of the issues. I assure you that most of out customers are very happy and we have been in business for 5 years.

1) We are not Swedish nor have we ever been! We never have employed any Swedish individual nor do we have anything against the Swedes. I hear they are great especially if you ever need to stash away any money.

2) We simply do not charge credit cards until the order is shipped. If the order is partially shipped we only charge for the part that was shipped. The only time that is not the case is with Paypal. Paypal simply does not give us that option. We are currently working on establishing Google check out and that might address the issue. If something else happened please let us know because it could be a problem with the credit processor.

3) We are a small ďMom and PopĒ shop. We are not a faceless corporation like Wal-Mart. We always pay our bills and have credit terms with all distributors. We could not do business otherwise.

4) We do drop ship some items as do all ecommerce stores. Most of our stock comes from local distributors and we get it the day after you place the order. However some brands like Highway Hawk, Mapam, Granucci, etc, come from Europe and their US distribution channels are poor. Sometime we have no choice but to drop ship from Europe, and customer service there is very poor.

5) Not sure why this matters but we most certainly do ride. I have been a rider for about 10 years and owned about 7 bikes in that time. Currently I have a 2004 Busa. Denis is also a rider, he currently has a 2006 Busa LE, and a very trick shadow 750. We are also into quads and dirt bikes. Denis knows absolutely everything about cruisers and I can answer any sport bike question. We deal with motorcycles because we love to ride, love to work on them, and love everything about them.

Iím not sure why Bulldog is attacking us on a personal level Ė as I can tell by him comments, I donít think we are the company that bulldog dealt with in the first place, but we are more then willing to win over any customer experience you had before with us or anyone else for that matter. You might have dealt with CAO at the show.

It would be great to meet you guys in person, show you guys our warehouse, store front and bikes. Feel free to PM me, post up any concerns here, or call me directly at 847-561-9275. Thatís my cell phone. We also now have a small size shop and mount/balance tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement