Cruiser Customizing - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Vendors Got a favorite Vendor or not? Post your praise or criticism here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
2FAS4U

Cruiser Customizing

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/index.cfm?sblid=home I have purchased several items. The service has been great, and free shipping on orders over $100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 08:32 AM

I agree. Thier tire finder and comparer makes buying tires easy. I had the tires at my door in less then a week and bought them both with shipping for less then local shop wanted for just the rear.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:25 PM

Well once again a site that sells stuff they dont have on hand. Is my imagination that the crappy inventory control that seems to be industry wide is the standard not an abboration. You click on a link and add to your cart and before you check out a warning or disclamer should come up saying if we dont have your parts in stock we will charge you and make u wait till we get the parts from some SOB in some back water town in europe who is to busy eating snails and smelling up the joint do you wish to continue? yes/no? What is so hard about updating the site to say on back order eta will be XX/XX/XXXX. Give us the option to take our busness else where so we can fnd other distributers who actually have the stoick on the shelves. IF you dont have it dont sell it this is fraud plain and simple.

Is there no place in the USA that we can get custom parts for our bikes? I would even pay a little more for the parts just so i could get them when i order them.

My order is on hold because of this issue annd this is not the first site that does this.

Examples include cromeand leatherpluss, customcruzer, bad dog cycles, and omg j&p cycles!

OK i am done venting

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 07:30 PM
HAWK

Send a message via Yahoo to Ccspinner
What are you trying to get?

Chad Falstad "Hawk"
Vroc #17649
2011 HD Ultra Classic "angel"
2001 Nomad 1500 Sold March 2012
2001 VN 750 "Sold June with 2008 with 21,000""Serinity"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccspinner View Post
What are you trying to get?
OK u asked for it

celstar head light visor
Chrome Flame Accents - 6" flame (Pair)
Chrome Flame Accents 3-1/4" flame (pair)
Kewl Metal Universal Fork Flames
Turn Signal Visor Set
Tailight grill
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 07:55 PM

Bummer dude, I guess I'm lucky. Always got fast service from Cruiser Customizing, can't say much about J&P have just bought in person as I only live a hour away from their headquarters. Only bought a few things from them as their prices are not that great.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
Lurchaos,
ok, here is my understanding on how entire MC after market parts works (from limited knowledge working with people in the field).
the supply chain is as follows:
maker->distributor->retail/etail->consumer
obviously you expect someone to keep stock of stuff you need but it is not always so especially for our bike which is kinda not overwhelmigly popular.
retail unless very large for the most part will keep very limited stock of most popular stuff + whatever unique products they may have. the rest is ordered from distributor which not always has it in stock either. so hence the delay.

to create and upkeep inventory system from a technical stand point is not a trivial task at all + there are considerable costs involved in supporting that system. now what good this system be if you as a retailer stock almost nothing out of the stuff ? also how retailer is going to have visibility to distributors (let alone makers) inventory?

if you noticed the ability to sort parts by motorcycle of your interest is somewhat rarely implemented although now more then it used to be. just visited JPcycles and even though they are somewhat larger retailer (at least as i heard) you cant go like "show me all the stuff for Vn750" although it would seem just a simple query. trust me - it is not simple at all from technical stand point so the cost of it is accordingly not cheap.

so, just to summarize: the chance that the seller has your part in stock is very small, unless this is very popular part AND they are very large resseler. or you get very lucky

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL

Last edited by tankist; 03-14-2007 at 09:33 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 12:46 AM

Tank,

Dude I totaly disagree. I write access databases for fun and profit. I can integrate bar code sacnning to update a SQL database the using PHP or XML would update the web site to show correct levels of inventory. Shoot my little brother eats SQL query language for lunch and ****s out data sets. The technology is out there and with microsoft small busness server 2007 and other components any e-busness can maintain current stock levels, track shippments, and order replacment stock allowing them to run the busness correctly.

What is at issue is that these "e-tailers" as you put it have no back end they maintain 0 stock level and then pass them selves off as a distributer. Some day some one will get a bug up there ass and seak litigation and change how these fly by night outfits opperate.

Oh and as for "specialized" stuff the things I orderd are conciderd universal parts example 7" head light visor, Turn signal visors, and "Universal" fork flames.

Im not bashing u tank I appreciate your comments but the technology is out there and if we as consumers do not stand up and say WTF we can expect more of the same poor service we are getting now.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 02:19 AM

Thumbs up

Right on dude!
I got stuck waiting 3 weeks for a "universal heat shield". If they had told me it would have to be back ordered and I be waiting - I would have taken my business elsewhere. Instead I called after 2 weeks only to find out this crap that my order is on backorder. Must we call and verify they have in stock. That sort of defeats using the simple internet to search & order on the spot.

Mike B.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to tankist
Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchChaos View Post
Tank,
Dude I totaly disagree. I write access databases for fun and profit. I can integrate bar code sacnning to update a SQL database the using PHP or XML would update the web site to show correct levels of inventory. Shoot my little brother eats SQL query language for lunch and ****s out data sets. The technology is out there and with microsoft small busness server 2007 and other components any e-busness can maintain current stock levels, track shippments, and order replacment stock allowing them to run the busness correctly.
today off-the shelf "MC parts store" software (obviously not of best buy shelf though ) i'm aware of does not offer all this functionality you talking about. true , it is technologically posible but thats means someone with higher IT education (and higher salary) needs to be there and custom build it (and maintain later) for a given store, which means significant money investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchChaos View Post
What is at issue is that these "e-tailers" as you put it have no back end they maintain 0 stock level and then pass them selves off as a distributer. Some day some one will get a bug up there ass and seak litigation and change how these fly by night outfits opperate.Im not bashing u tank I appreciate your comments but the technology is out there and if we as consumers do not stand up and say WTF we can expect more of the same poor service we are getting now
again, just because the retailer doesnt have that in stock does not mean you can't possibly get it within a week of your order - it happened, i've seen it. in this case indicating "0" inventory would not help represent true availability as even though retailer doesn not have it in hand the customer still gets it in reasonable time (and "reasonable" for me means less then a week) so to be at least somewhat close to accurate retailer has to have visibility on the stock of his numerous/various ditributors. possible? yes. but IMO not going to happen for at least some time.

i don't think litigation will solve it as nothing illigal is being done. it is competition and we, consumers going to decide that we are not going to do any biz unless inventory system is in place. then when it becomes the norm retailers not equipped with it simply will not be able to operate. when it comes to PC parts i'm not going to deal with anyone besides newegg.com and if they don't have the part i will not look elswhere - i will reconsider my purchase! why? outstanding service from day one. hopefully some day there will some one like that for MC parts.

http://agrasyuk.googlepages.com/home
Anton Grasyuk
Wheeling, IL

Last edited by tankist; 03-15-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement